Going Veg.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :) Thanks for the advice everyone! I will check out my options with food! I'm actually really excited about this.

Where I'm from (The Midwest) HARDLY ANYONE IS A VEGETARIAN!... FARM COUNTRY and all lol

So, people always used to look at me like this :shocked: ... but I figure it's best for those poor animals and for me ;-)

I used to be a vegetarian. but i got a dissease and doctor said it would be better to eat meat...

but vegetarian food is realy nice and you can do so much different things :)

and most of the time you eat healthier. believe me, being a veggi is good :wink2:

I used to be veg.

But i got so badly anaemic, i didnt even have the strength walk out the house. Im still on iron tablets now.

but, that was because i didnt eat other foods that had iron in them that wasnt meat, because i dont enjoy them.

I still feel sick everytime i eat meat, because i think of the animals involved and stuff, but i know i have to eat it to keep me alive basically.

I'm anemic now, so I have to take iron pills everyday, which I keep forgetting to take:naughty:

WOW :) Thanks for the advice everyone! I will check out my options with food! I'm actually really excited about this.

Where I'm from (The Midwest) HARDLY ANYONE IS A VEGETARIAN!... FARM COUNTRY and all lol

So, people always used to look at me like this :shocked: ... but I figure it's best for those poor animals and for me ;-)

Me, too. I live in Alberta which is total farm country - "Alberta Beef" is our pride and joy. So I get all sorts of weird looks, especially from my family. And I find that a lot of the older generation (45+) think you'll starve to death without a big, juicy burger.

But, its been 10 years since I stopped eating red meat, and I don't eat any pork. I still eat chicken and fish on occasion, and I've elected not to give up dairy.

I find that when I avoid meat, I feel so much better - more invigorated, more in touch with what my body really wants.

Make sure to focus on eating lots of beans and lentils, as well as seeds and nuts. Leafy green vegetables (spinach, kale) and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are very good for you - we should all eat more. I'm also a big fan of root vegetables like turnips and beets, as well as squash (butternut squash soup - mmm!)

Two good sites with recipes:

http://www.alive.com/208a1a5.php

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/list_veg.html

And here's a good site that provides information about the various nutrient concerns for vegetarians:

http://www.studentservices.utoronto.ca/resources/vegetarian.aspx

I should get myself checked out... Sometimes I'm low on energy :shocked: But i've never had a blood test taken so I wouldn't know if I was anemic or not...

hmmmm

I was never officially diagnosed (which I never am haha, my mom has medical book things) and I had every symptom - right down to the ice chewing so she just said "thats it! you're anemic!" and made me take the pills hahahah.

I'm a vegiterian...but I have been all my life so I wouldn't know how it would be to give it up completely. But's it's not hard to find protein and all the nutrients that are in meat. I'm pretty healthy!

Good luck! :thumb_yello:

I'm a vegiterian...but I have been all my life so I wouldn't know how it would be to give it up completely. But's it's not hard to find protein and all the nutrients that are in meat. I'm pretty healthy!

Good luck! :thumb_yello:

me too! I'm so seldom sick! even if everyone around me is sick I'm not :bleh:

• 2 years later...