Guys - I don't think Lorna is coming back

lollipop_monkey

Check out this article dated September 28, 2006 - so just over a year ago. It says that Lorna was taking a gap year, and then going back to the Royal College of Music to study opera in the fall. That would mean that she was off for a year (and able to tour with Mika) but would now be going back to school:

-----

New star for opera

From the The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald, first published Thursday 28th Sep 2006.

Young soprano Lorna Bridge is starting her promising singing career with the Devizes-based White Horse Opera.

The 22-year-old, who has just completed a Bachelor of Music degree at the Royal College of Music and is taking a gap year before going on to the college's opera school, will be taking her first role as the central character of Tatyana in the forthcoming production of Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin.

After three years of dedicated study and practice, Miss Bridge is enjoying her first experience of working on a real production.

During a break in rehearsals in the hall at St Joseph's Primary School, in Devizes, she said: "I am loving working with the company.

"Everyone is so passionate about what they do. I am learning so much. This is what I want to do with my life. I couldn't ask for a better grounding."

Director Graham Billing said: "It is always wonderful when you have a singer able to play close to the age of the character."

Miss Bridge is fitting in well with other principals, including Phillip Borge as Lensky, Guy Robinson as Onegin, Nina Alupii Morton as Olga and James Davis as Gremin.

Musical director Francis Griffin is putting together a 22-piece orchestra for the production, which is being staged at the Corn Exchange on October 11, 13 and 14.

-----

The link is here:

http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2006/9/28/280319.html

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this article dated September 28, 2006 - so just over a year ago. It says that Lorna was taking a gap year, and then going back to the Royal College of Music to study opera in the fall. That would mean that she was off for a year (and able to tour with Mika) but would now be going back to school:

-----

New star for opera

From the The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald, first published Thursday 28th Sep 2006.

Young soprano Lorna Bridge is starting her promising singing career with the Devizes-based White Horse Opera.

The 22-year-old, who has just completed a Bachelor of Music degree at the Royal College of Music and is taking a gap year before going on to the college's opera school, will be taking her first role as the central character of Tatyana in the forthcoming production of Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin.

After three years of dedicated study and practice, Miss Bridge is enjoying her first experience of working on a real production.

During a break in rehearsals in the hall at St Joseph's Primary School, in Devizes, she said: "I am loving working with the company.

"Everyone is so passionate about what they do. I am learning so much. This is what I want to do with my life. I couldn't ask for a better grounding."

Director Graham Billing said: "It is always wonderful when you have a singer able to play close to the age of the character."

Miss Bridge is fitting in well with other principals, including Phillip Borge as Lensky, Guy Robinson as Onegin, Nina Alupii Morton as Olga and James Davis as Gremin.

Musical director Francis Griffin is putting together a 22-piece orchestra for the production, which is being staged at the Corn Exchange on October 11, 13 and 14.

-----

The link is here:

http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2006/9/28/280319.html

That is SOOOOOOOO sad........ :tears:

I think that Mika should do an audition and he'd soon figure out that I am the best candidate! LOL!!:bleh:

mika should totally do an audition. and erm, im qualified!

-spent 14 years on stage (dancing mostly)

-have taken drama

-due to dance shows im not afraid to frolic around in stupid outfits

-have you SEEN my Mika MySpace Competition Entry???

xDDD

I like lollipops. That's the extent of my qualifications for Lollipop Girl. :naughty:

You're not allowed to be a Lollipop Girl anyway.

After you threw out his Ribena like that. *hates*

I was trying not to sound like a slut.

Thanks for blowing my cover. :tears:

haha no problem :thumb_yello:

:shocked: :shocked:

*backs away from Suzy*

*backs away from Suzy*

I know! I still can't believe she did that. Even after I begged her for it.:sneaky2:

She should be stripped of her title!

...she doesn't have one. Okay, we'll give her a title, then strip her of it.

haha no problem :thumb_yello:

*backs away from Suzy*

But I didn't want it to go MOLDY! I wanted to remember it while it was in its prime...besides, I already drank some of it, and then I found out he had a chest infection! :shocked: Don't be jealous that Mika's residual saliva lives in me and will be a part of me forever... :naughty:

I'm sure my sweat has some trace amounts of ribena

And people tell me *I* am scary when I sleuth things out!!!:roftl:

Good luck to Lorna, I hope she goes far in opera!! We will miss her!

Well at least we know he's not getting rid of everyone.

Ophelia's going to be at some of the tour stops this November.:thumb_yello:

Has anyone mentioned the pun in her name before???

Ophelia Bitz. I am so sure that is her stage name. Say it over and over a few times. And if you still don't get it, ask me.:wink2:

Ophelia Bitz. I am so sure that is her stage name. Say it over and over a few times. And if you still don't get it, ask me.:wink2:

I don't get it :blink:

:roftl::roftl:

I always thought that her last name was a fake one because of the little pun there, but I never noticed her first name as well! That's great! :D

*Gasp*:shocked: Luckee girl! (If she ever lived up to her name!)