Mika’s an intelligent man – no question about that!

Nika

After listening and watching WAY too many interviews with Mika I’m totally blown away by his intelligence and how quick he is answering all the questions. I mean sure, he gets a lot of the questions all the time but not all of them. And some interviewers are sneaky and try to trick Mika into answering something that would be new and revealing but he NEVER loses his cool!!! I must say, it’s very impressive. Here’s a man, dropped out of school, dyslexia and what not, but he’s so smart when it comes to dealing with these sleazy interviewers! Yes, I know that dyslexia doesn’t have anything to do with iq but still, he has a vocabulary like a writer and the answering-speed of a politician. Oh, my, just when you think he can’t possible get any better – he does…

This

, done over the phone, shows some of what I’m talking about (thank you to whoever posted it first). This interviewer is a lot of things, and fast is one of those things. But Mika never slips. Sure, he laughs sometimes when he doesn’t want to answer the below-the-belt-questions – but never slips. Impressive!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening and watching WAY too many interviews with Mika I’m totally blown away by his intelligence and how quick he is answering all the questions. I mean sure, he gets a lot of the questions all the time but not all of them. And some interviewers are sneaky and try to trick Mika into answering something that would be new and revealing but he NEVER loses his cool!!! I must say, it’s very impressive. Here’s a man, dropped out of school, dyslexia and what not, but he’s so smart when it comes to dealing with these sleazy interviewers! Yes, I know that dyslexia doesn’t have anything to do with iq but still, he has a vocabulary like a writer and the answering-speed of a politician. Oh, my, just when you think he can’t possible get any better – he does…

This interview, done over the phone, shows some of what I’m talking about (thank you to whoever posted it first). This interviewer is a lot of things, and fast is one of those things. But Mika never slips. Sure, he laughs sometimes when he doesn’t want to answer the below-the-belt-questions – but never slips. Impressive!

I agree 100% with you!

This

, done over the phone, shows some of what I’m talking about (thank you to whoever posted it first). This interviewer is a lot of things, and fast is one of those things. But Mika never slips. Sure, he laughs sometimes when he doesn’t want to answer the below-the-belt-questions – but never slips. Impressive!

That is one of the most awkward/uncomfortable interviews I have ever heard, but Mika really handles himself well. Just as in this interview here. Although I hate the interviewers in both of these examples, they just make me respect Mika even more.

you are totally right... in some interviews, like the mexican one, the woman asked very personal questions and he seemed vervy unconfortable but he laughed and answer very clearly and he didn`t look nervous

Oh yes, the Mexican interview too! Some people just try to take it too far, but Mika sees right through them.

That is one of the most awkward/uncomfortable interviews I have ever heard, but Mika really handles himself well. Just as in this interview here. Although I hate the interviewers in both of these examples, they just make me respect Mika even more.

Me too... I can't stand these interviewers they are just so stupid...I wouldn't know how to react to these kind of questions!

Totally agree with you, Nika:thumb_yello: I've always admired his intelligence in interviews; The questions are sometimes really weird and I'm actually glad that I don't have to answer to something like that, but Mika doesn't seem to have any problems with them.

yeah, he gets some pretty indecent questions posed at him. I was surprised at how the interviewer in the phone interview didnt hold ANYTHING back, it sounds a bit like hes missing a filter between brain and mouth, but mika handled it with aplomb (that word sounds funny!)

sesil, almost 1000 posts! congratz

*sigh* How wonderful to find a thread about intelligence!! :naughty:

That test was really hard thought!! :shocked:

Seriously, I do agree, Mika is a v.intelligent guy.........but he did have a very good education. I think because the dyslexia gets mentioned all the time his very expensive and prestigious private school often gets forgotten about. It will have stood him in good stead for thinking on his feet in interview situations. He had GCSE's, A Levels and was mid way through a degree when he got his record deal.........as well as the extra curicular lessons in mandarin, art, piano, singing, etc that his folks paid for....and all topped off with speaking several languages!

I think he was ready for anything!!! :wink2:

Vix x

Mika is very intelligent. The dyslexia, in my opinion, does not hold him or anyone else back from intelligence. I honestly do not believe that he was "born with" dyslexia. I think that it was more or less set on by what he went through as a child, because a lot of what he describes does not coincide with traditional dyslexic symptoms. I think that being a smart person has nothing to do with your book smarts. He obviously was book smart, at least to a certain degree, if he got into college. His dropping out had nothing to do with how smart he was---he dropped out to pursue his career.

He is very well-versed and certainly knows how to approach a taboo topic wisely, and speak just enough without giving too much away. He definitely knows how to present himself, even when faced with uncomfortable, embarrassing, stupid questions. He's witty and has that wonderful instant answering ability that I wish I had. I had a friend in high school that you could ask anything to and she had an answer 2 seconds later that seemed very well-thought-out and made a statement, whether she knew the answer to the question or not.

So yes, he's most definitely intelligent.

Me too... I can't stand these interviewers they are just so stupid...I wouldn't know how to react to these kind of questions!

If I were asked those questions, I think I would be so overwhelmed that I would just cry. :roftl:

Check out this test I found in his garbage cans. It has to be from around the third grade.

test.jpg

Another reason for me to love you even more! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I really like Mica's answer to the last question.

HAHA that test is funny.

Ive been thinking about something similar to this for a while, and i forgot to put it in my last post.

Mika has a personal integrity which is admirable, he appears to be always true to himself. I think his integrity is also interpreted as the child-like innocence that he shows. He doesnt try to be anything that he is not esp. in his songs.

argh sorry if that is incomprehensible ive got the worst hayfever and i can barely see

If I were asked those questions, I think I would be so overwhelmed that I would just cry. :roftl:

I think I would laugh, honestly, or play along and go on about how huge my package was. :naughty:

Those questions are stupid, and the interviewer obviously does not care about the artist other than just stirring it up and making for an interesting interview. I've noticed that when asked such questions in interviews, etc, Mika tends to make things up a lot, especially with the trivialities. Like that favorites interview posted yesterday, when asked about his favorite school subject, he said "Wellies." :naughty:

This

Totally true. I've always said his brain is the part of his body I like best. And I reeeaaaally like all the parts of his body. But his brain is supreme.

This

EXACTLY, I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE.

I ENJOY MIKA's INTERVIEWS NEARLY AS MUCH AS EVERYTHING ELSE.

The Wash. DC interviewer was HORRID. I wouldn't blame MIKA if he never returned to the city.

I was so ashamed--because that's where I live.

This is the second worst interaction I've heard:

I was so proud of how MIKA managed it. He knew from the beginning the sort of slug he was dealing with! His response is a real testament to his intelligence & CHARACTER.

MIKA is so NIMBLE in every way!