Mika’s an intelligent man – no question about that!

Nika

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brains, beauty, and musical talent - seriously, a triple threat.

The way he speaks to interviewers just blows my mind. He's so freaking eloquent it kind of makes me stop in my tracks.

The words he chooses, the inflection in his voice, the corresponding body language - he's a really, really great communicator, and at such a tender age.

And the way he moves seamlessly from one "flavour" to another - how he can go from, say, eloquent and serious to playful and youthful depending on his situation - is perfect.

He comes across as so, so complex - he's a mosaic. I mean, yeah, we all are, but I've never met the guy; everything I know (or think I know!) about him, I get from what he conveys on these YouTube clips. And I get this mosaic impression just from the one or two aspects of himself that he shows to press. Imagine what else there is, lying beneath the surface.

My feeling that he has a really beautiful mind. That's why my ultimate dream is to just sit and drink margaritas with him, preferably by a nice pool. I mean, here's this guy with ridiculous amounts of musical talent, brains, book smarts, business savvy - which is so contradictory to the stereotype of our generation as complete slackers with no regard for anything but the next Xbox game.

And the whole exotic, raised-halfway-around-the-world thing is kind of enticing, too.

I really wonder how the at-a-pub-with-friends Mika, or the at-dinner-with-parents Mika compares to the getting-interviewed-yet-again Mika. So many facets to him - I wonder if any of his previous relationships (I think I read somewhere that he's had one particularly serious relationship?) have been able to really get close to him. He seems like the kind of person who is masterful at using his words to build walls.

Funny how I'm getting all analytical on a guy that I really know nothing about, who I'll probably never even say two words to. :bleh:

<gets off soapbox>

Brains, beauty, and musical talent - seriously, a triple threat.

The way he speaks to interviewers just blows my mind. He's so freaking eloquent it kind of makes me stop in my tracks.

The words he chooses, the inflection in his voice, the corresponding body language - he's a really, really great communicator, and at such a tender age.

And the way he moves seamlessly from one "flavour" to another - how he can go from, say, eloquent and serious to playful and youthful depending on his situation - is perfect.

He comes across as so, so complex - he's a mosaic. I mean, yeah, we all are, but I've never met the guy; everything I know (or think I know!) about him, I get from what he conveys on these YouTube clips. And I get this mosaic impression just from the one or two aspects of himself that he shows to press. Imagine what else there is, lying beneath the surface.

My feeling that he has a really beautiful mind. That's why my ultimate dream is to just sit and drink margaritas with him, preferably by a nice pool. I mean, here's this guy with ridiculous amounts of musical talent, brains, book smarts, business savvy - which is so contradictory to the stereotype of our generation as complete slackers with no regard for anything but the next Xbox game.

And the whole exotic, raised-halfway-around-the-world thing is kind of enticing, too.

I really wonder how the at-a-pub-with-friends Mika, or the at-dinner-with-parents Mika compares to the getting-interviewed-yet-again Mika. So many facets to him - I wonder if any of his previous relationships (I think I read somewhere that he's had one particularly serious relationship?) have been able to really get close to him. He seems like the kind of person who is masterful at using his words to build walls.

Funny how I'm getting all analytical on a guy that I really know nothing about, who I'll probably never even say two words to. :bleh:

<gets off soapbox>

WOW!!! you sure said that beautifully!!! It seems like you are the eloquent one around here :biggrin2:

Thats exactly it! he is unlike anything/one that has been dragged up this generation (from what i can tell)

and wow! you really have a gift with words, i thought i was reading a newspaper article, opposed to my own unpunctuated dogs breakfast :blush-anim-cl:

WOW!!! you sure said that beautifully!!! It seems like you are the eloquent one around here :biggrin2:

Thats exactly it! he is unlike anything/one that has been dragged up this generation (from what i can tell)

and wow! you really have a gift with words, i thought i was reading a newspaper article, opposed to my own unpunctuated dogs breakfast :blush-anim-cl:

Aww, you guys are making me blush. :blush-anim-cl:

See, that's the difference between Mika and I; I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when using written words, but when I speak I sound like a bumbling fool. :mf_rosetinted:

Chickpea - your posts aren't an "unpunctuated dogs breakfast"! But, your name is making me hungry. :biggrin2:

See, that's the difference between Mika and I; I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when using written words, but when I speak I sound like a bumbling fool. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: I'm kind of the same. I choose my words very carefully when I'm writing but when I speak it's all...um...like...uh...yeah. You're a very good writer so I'm sure it compensates.

I am very impressed with Mika's ability to speak but after listening to him for all these months it's all a lot more rehearsed and kind of more bullsh*t than I had noticed in the beginning. He's pretty much a propagandist when he's speaking about his music, his desire to keep his life private, or anything else surrounding his carefully cultivated public image.

You can see him falter in the Mexican interview. He is very adept at deflecting questions of whether he dates men, not whether he bangs his lollipop girls. Yes he dealt with it rather well in the end by getting back to the Lollipop message, but I'm sure that wasn't what he was thinking. You can detect a bit of panic there because he doesn't want to say what he's thinking but instead get out of it by not giving anything away or protesting too much.

I really like the interviews where he at least appears to cut loose and say whatever he's thinking instead of reciting a bunch of Mika buzzwords and spreading propaganda about his musical ideas. Especially since at this point, much of what he was saying a year ago isn't even applicable anymore. How long has he been talking about making realistic videos and the next thing you know he's flying through space with singing disembodied hands? I mean, just give it up already :roftl:

I noticed that in French interviews he often asks for the French equivalent of words he uses in his usual English interview script. I think anyone else with his French skills would just come up with another way to describe his ideas, rather than trying to produce a word for word translation. My French is lousy but there are times when I know exactly what he's saying because I've heard it in English a dozen times already.

Having said all that, he does have a remarkable skill when it comes to giving interviews and he is incredibly bright and articulate. He'd make a good politician.

That is one of the most awkward/uncomfortable interviews I have ever heard, but Mika really handles himself well. Just as in this interview here. Although I hate the interviewers in both of these examples, they just make me respect Mika even more.

Wasn't he the guy that made us start the Bond Girls to protect Mika?:roftl:

Anyway I do agree with you!

HAHA that test is funny.

Ive been thinking about something similar to this for a while, and i forgot to put it in my last post.

Mika has a personal integrity which is admirable, he appears to be always true to himself. I think his integrity is also interpreted as the child-like innocence that he shows. He doesnt try to be anything that he is not esp. in his songs.

argh sorry if that is incomprehensible ive got the worst hayfever and i can barely see

awww, hope you get well soon:flowers2:

Check out this test I found in his garbage cans. It has to be from around the third grade.

test.jpg

LMAO LMAO LMAO aww, i guess his mommy really cares about him, doesn't she?:roftl: :roftl:

There are two different interviews, one there and another on thelondonpaper website. They're both different, like they weren't even recorded at the same time, yet they were.

ANYWAY,

*http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/music/article/1157144160891?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleController

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1naybN6aM8

I think the guy had a real "Got Cha," nasty attutude.

• 3 weeks later...