need your help to answer a survey about Mika here

nyo

Hi,

I'm Fany, live in Bandung, Indonesia.

Recently i'm having my final project in college and i'm planning on making music video for one of Mika's song titled Billy Brown.

I'd like to ask for your help since i found that u are one of Mika's fans.

I'm having a survey to know what do you think about Mika and Billy Brown. I really appreciate if u could spend a little amount of ur time to reply this message i'm sending to u.

Please answer this question:

1. Please describe urself (i.e, name, age, sex, location)

2. Why do u like Mika?

3. What do u think about him and his song? (if u think he's so damn great, pls tell me what make u think he is.. i.e, he can compose nice music with deep meaning lyrics, and so on..)

3. Have u ever seen one of his music video? Which one? What do u think about the video?

4. Have you ever heard this Billy Brown song before?

5. If you have, pls tell me what do u think about the song, includes how u make a representation of the song (i.e it's just a song, meaningless.. or it tries to make an existence of the bisexual, and so on..)

6. What kind of style when u think about him? (i.e, colorful, bold, and so on..)

Can't wait for ur mail.

Thx :biggrin2:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Hannah, eighteen, female from the United States.

2. Why do u like Mika?

I like Mika because he is a "breath of fresh air." He is completely original, and wonderful to hear and see after years of dull, uninteresting musicians presenting themselves as bad examples for the youth of America. I'm not saying that Mika is this amazing, perfect man that all teenagers should look up to, but I really admire the fact that he is serious about what he does. His music is fantastic, and isn't afraid to delve into the everyday.

3. What do u think about him and his song?

I think that his music is beautiful. I love how he isn't afraid to sing about reality, and doesn't present the untrue idea that the general consensus believes, such as that you have to be tiny to be loved, gay people do not exist, having sex at an early age is acceptable.

3. Have u ever seen one of his music video? Which one? What do u think about the video?

I've seen all of his videos, and I love them. Grace Kelly is my favorite, simply because it's very...natural, and feels warm and casual.

It's one of my favorites on the album.

5. If you have, pls tell me what do u think about the song, includes how u make a representation of the song

I love it, and it is one of my favorite songs to hear him sing live. I'm not sure how I feel about the "secret meanings." I believe Mika when he says that he is not Billy Brown, but I also think that it is based on SOMEONE'S personal experience, metaphorical or not. Like Mika said in an interview, Billy Brown is all about tolerance.

6. What kind of style when u think about him?

I think "unique," "colorful" and "fantastic." :thumb_yello:

I hope this helps some! Good luck with your project! :)

Hi Fany! I'd love to help!

1. Please describe urself (i.e, name, age, sex, location): My name is Calida Lewis but I am generally known as Callie Fornia, or Cal as an abbreviation. I am 14 years old going on 30 ... or some most people say! I am 99% sure I'm female although that could be a matter of dispute. I have curly hair. I live in London at the moment although I was born in Tanzania and am 1/2 welsh, 1/4 African and 1/4 japanese, and speak several languages.

2. Why do u like Mika? I love Mika because he is original and isn't affected by other people's opinions. I can relate to alot of what has gone through - since I have also lived in most places, been bullied at school for being different, had to cope with OCD and dyslexia and generally grown up very quickly.

3. What do u think about him and his song? (if u think he's so damn great, pls tell me what make u think he is.. i.e, he can compose nice music with deep meaning lyrics, and so on..) - I love all Mika's songs because they are diverse in their styles and have catchy tunes aswell as meaningful lyrics. Although Billy Brown isn't one of my favourites, I think is a brilliant song since it presents an important modern day issue.

3. Have u ever seen one of his music video? Which one? What do u think about the video? I have seen all of them (Grace Kelly, Love Today, Big Girl, Happy Ending, Relax) several times. My favourite is Happy Ending, mainly because I love the song but also because I think what happens in the video reflects the lyrics, but in a way that isn't too obvious.

4. Have you ever heard this Billy Brown song before? Yep, only about 10,000 times.

5. If you have, pls tell me what do u think about the song, includes how u make a representation of the song (i.e it's just a song, meaningless.. or it tries to make an existence of the bisexual, and so on..) I think it would be interesting if you styled the video as a cartoon - assuming you have the right equipment - if you used actual people it could end up looking fake.

6. What kind of style when u think about him? (i.e, colorful, bold, and so on..) Who, Mika or Billy? I would definately say colourful describes both of them :thumb_yello:

Ingrid, sixteen, female, The Netherlands

2. Why do u like Mika?

Because he's unique and original. He dares to be himself no matter what and he choses his own path and that's what I admire in him.

3. What do u think about him and his song? (if u think he's so damn great, pls tell me what make u think he is.. i.e, he can compose nice music with deep meaning lyrics, and so on..)

His songs are simply great. Every song has it's own story and none of them are superficial. Plus he sings about things many singers don't even dare to sing about because they fear about their reputation. Mika doesn't.

I've seen all of them. I like them all. Grace Kelly because of the simplicity, Love Today because of the cheerfulness (Is that even a word?), Big Girl because of the simple video but strong message, Relax because of the cartoons and Happy Ending because of the dreamy effect.

Ofcourse

5. If you have, pls tell me what do u think about the song, includes how u make a representation of the song (i.e it's just a song, meaningless.. or it tries to make an existence of the bisexual, and so on..)

I adore the song. It's great that Mika decided to make a song like this. Being gay is certainly not a crime as many people make it seem these days and it's good that it finally gets some positive attention instead of all the negative things said about gays.

6. What kind of style when u think about him? (i.e, colorful, bold, and so on..)

Colorful, Bright, Clever

Hi,

I'm Fany, live in Bandung, Indonesia.

Recently i'm having my final project in college and i'm planning on making music video for one of Mika's song titled Billy Brown.

I'd like to ask for your help since i found that u are one of Mika's fans.

I'm having a survey to know what do you think about Mika and Billy Brown. I really appreciate if u could spend a little amount of ur time to reply this message i'm sending to u.

Please answer this question:

Rose,43, female, UK.

2. Why do u like Mika?

Because he is a very talented musician, who has been through a lot

of hardship in his life to get where he is now, and I admire his

persistance.

I think his song writing is very clever and witty, and he can write

great hooks in his music, which I love, I only love music with quirky

hooks, it's more interesting to me.

I've seen all his videos, and they all have their own merits.

On the album, before I saw hm perform it live.

It's a great story within a song, and I love those.

When I think of Mikas style, I think uniquely colourful.

Can't wait for ur mail.

I hope this is okay for you.:thumb_yello:

Name: Caroline

Sex: Female

2. Why do u like Mika?

Because I believe that he is a very talented man. He makes his own music - and no-one taught him how to play the piano - generates songs from his own genius mind and meshes them with dark lyrics. His songs attract various ages from children, teens, to adults and the eldery. Basically, every generation. He knows how to draw in his audience and not by just his music, but his infectious and playful personality and his innocence on how he perceives things.

I think the song Billy Brown is - in a word - unique. It's NOT about a married man turning gay as the press say. It's about a mental breakdown or midlife crisis, and how badly it's dealt with. He doesn't just go off with a man, he also goes off with with a "girlie from an island off the coast of Mexico" too. Children and the like like the song because it's a sort of "bobby" song. In my mind, I can see children sitting cross legged bobbing side to side singing "brooowwwn...oh billy brooowwwn...don't let the stars get you down don't let the waves let you drooowwwn..." and also because the lyrics to them are quite amusing "while it was all going accordingly to plan...then billy brown fell in love with another man". Others - like adults - may appeal to the song because maybe some have had a midlife crisis too *although not maybe quite like Billy Brown* and the chorus really relates to them. It's quite upbeat and positive actually, when you think about it. The Americans wanted Mika not to put the song on the album but he put his foot down - and I think that was right. Homosexuality and Bisexuality isn't going to disappear so why shouldn't we discuss it? That's what I like about Mika - he has balls and isn't afraid to put across his point of views.

I've seen all of them, and I like them all because they all contain different elements.

yes, quite a few times actually :blush-anim-cl:

erm, i think is already answered that in a previous question...

Bold, Colourful, hyperactive, childish, fun, innocent...is that enough? xD

Can't wait for ur mail.

Name: Helena.

Sex: female.

2. Why do u like Mika?

Cos he's different from other artist's out there and he's not afraid to be himself, no matter how much people try to change him.

I think his singing is great. But more importantly, his song-writing is even better. He write about every-day things, which makes him more reachable as people can relate to his songs. And he uses such simple language, but it is this simplicity that is so meaningful in his songs.

Yes, I've seen all of them. Though Grace Kelly's my favourite, I like the way his videos involve normal people leading normal everday lives. Like in the video for Big Girl for example, the dancers are all regular people that you would see when you walk down the street. In fact, the video is set in the streets, making it possible for listeners to, again, relate to his music.

Yes, i listen to it almost everyday:bleh:.

I think the song is great. It's original; no one has written something like it before. It also deals with a very important isuue, which most songs don't talk about. It has a great mellody and it's great to listen to cos it has a story that you can follow throughout the song.

Definately colourful and bold. Also original, unique, "psychedellic", artistic.

Hope this helped:wink2:.

Name: Sonja

Sex: Female

2. Why do u like Mika?

I like Mika because of his talents. His amazing music which can cheer me up any time. I fell for his music and voice the second i heard Grace Kelly. I like him for how much work he did to get to where he is now. Teaching himself to play the piano because i couldn't read notes. His music reaches out to all ages and he is really expressing feelings and singing about real things. His music is meaningful. His voice is so beautiful, i can't even describe it. It's honestly makes me feel warm inside. lol!:blush-anim-cl:

I think his music is amazing, i love him for his music. I like the fact that i can put his music on and if i need to smile and feel happy i can, and if i have to cry or let something out his music helps with that too. It's the way he puts his messages in the songs, in somewhat a cheerful and definitely uniqe way. His songs are just something new, something you haven't heard before. He's different from the modern music industry and i like that. I like different.

I have seen all of his videos and i like them all very much because they're all very different from each other. They're uniqe too and very fun to watch. For example, the Love Today video makes me so incredible happy!

Of course.

I like that song, very much. It's very uniqe (i have the feeling i'm using that word a bit too much). I like the fact that it includes a very interesting story and i personally think this story is interesting enough to make a Billy Brown part 2. lol. It's definitely not meaningless. It's some kind of a message. I don't know who Billy Brown is, or even if it is anybody. But mostly, i think it's just an interesting story.

Colorful, bold, fun, hyperactive, innocent, uniqe (no ****!), clever, interesting....

Hi! My name is Jessica, I'm 16, female, and from the United States.

2. Why do u like Mika?

I like Mika because he just brings so much joy into my life. By simply mentioning his name, hearing one of his songs, or seeing a photo of him I get all warm inside. I think he is a great person who stays true to himself. He is inspiring in so many different ways. His songs are meaningful, and he is an excellent performer, dedicated to his work.

I think all of his songs are very personal and heart felt. His songs have deep meaning and open up a whole new window. His songs are just so powerful..I can't think of any song that I would rate lower than a 100 on a scale of one to ten. His songs are touching, cheerful, unique, and just wonderful in every way possible.

I have seen all of his videos. My personal favourite is Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) because it seems so cheerful and brings out a powerful message. It enables women everywhere to gain self confidence no matter what society may say about bigger women. I love this video because it seems so real, and it makes me want to jump into that circle and dance with all the other people. :)

Of course I have, it's splendid!

5. If you have, pls tell me what do u think about the song, includes how u

make a representation of the song (i.e it's just a song, meaningless.. or it tries to make an existence of the bisexual, and so on..)

I love the song Billy Brown! After all, Billy Brown is my hero! xD

I don't think this song refers to Mika, I believe this song is mostly written for fun, just like Mika's other songs, it's his style, however I do believe it could be written about someone. I think people may take the song too seriously and may blow it out of proportion at times, but maybe that is what Mika wanted after all, to keep us on our toes by creating such a song.[/

CENTER]

Mika definitely has a unique, funky, fun, querky, bold, colourful style.

Hey I would love to help!

My name is Anahi, I'm 17, female, Gdl. Jal. México

2. Why do u like Mika?

I like MIKA for his great looks! haha, I like him because he is a great singer, song writer, and his songs get to me like no others.

He is amazing, his songs are amazing, everything about him is amazing, well the truth is that his songs are very intense, they have a lot of meaning for me :wink2: .

Well i think i have seen all of his videos, and i love them all, they are very interesting, he has chosen his video directors very well

Yes!

No iit is not meaningless, i think it has a very profoung meaning, very well hidden beacause i can't find it xD haha, No seriously i think it is a good way to try to tell people about this situation that maybe a lot of people have to deal with.

Colorful of course! and well i think that iincludes a lot of things xD

Good Luck with your project!

My name is Katelynn

I'm 13

I'm female

I live in Canada, BC

2. Why do u like Mika?

I like Mika becuase he is so unique and different from everyone else, and his background is rather tragic and interesting, too. His music is just amazing!

Umm think this question relates to #2

But I think it's great how he can make his lyrics so exciting and happy at times, and then so emotional and sad at others.

I've seen them all, they are all fantastic.

Yup

It expresses how he doesn't care about what people think of him, or he wouldn't have wrote the song-actually said by Mika himself.

Flamboyent! Out of the ordinary! Random!

My name is Marilyn Mastin. I am 53 years of age and live in Manchester, England.

I don't just like Mika. I adore the guy! His voice is awesome, his songwriting amazing, his performances are experiences never to be forgotten. But off stage he is the most adorable, affectionate person. I've seen lots of footage of him interacting with presenters and fans, and he is just good enough to eat!

I must admit, when I first heard Billy Brown I thought WHAAAAAT?? Because, of course, I am from an older generation and didn't even know people could be gay until I was well into my teens. I have certainly never hated gay people, I suppose I just didn't think about it really, and never knew anyone who was, or might, be gay. But the song, and Mika, have helped me to understand a lot more, and I think that is what the song is about. After all, Billy Brown doesn't live happilly ever after, does he. So maybe it's more about the conflict Billy faces. I don't think the song is about Mika himself, not entirely, unless he is in conflict about his sexuality. Maybe that is why he doesn't say anything.

I have seen all Mika's videos. Happy Endings is my favourite.

Yes, as I said, I have heard Billy Brown, and I have to thank Mika for making me, not more tolerent, because I am a tolerent person, but more understanding. If Mika is gay, that's okay by me and if he gets with someone, that's great, as long as the person is worthy of this fantastic young man! I really like the song now, and even sing along to it, because it's the only one of his songs I can actually sing, I can't sing all the high stuff.

I think Mika is completely unique! I know people say he's like Freddie, but to me, he's the original Mika! He can perform all kinds of songs, in all kinds of styles, and he makes life fun for all of us! There is nothing this fantastic man cannot do on the stage, and there'snot a nicer man off stage either .

Love today, from Marilyn