Whos mika performing with?

BVS

Ok, i think Mika is the greatest ever, no words can describe his uniqueness and greatness, but i want to know why at his gigs and performances( ie MTV EMAs) he his performing with a backup singer. he doesnt need another singer on stage backing his singing up!

who was the woman with blue hair who he peformed with at the EMAs and whos the woman in the kinda ra-ra girl outfit at his concerts (i have seen her in some gig photos)?

Also, at the EMAs i think that his performance was absolutely astonishing and admirable (is that a word?), like he himself and his band gave an amazing peformance, but i didnt understand why he had the massive puppet(that was also great, i loved it) and the dancers in the masks and stripy jumpsuits and the half naked woman dancing around and the woman with the blue hair.

personally i dont think that he needed all of this and i dont think that this was Mika at all or it wasnt one of the best performances!

Sorry, i just needed a little moment and rant, and to see if other people felt the same or could help answer my questions. i mean sure enough im a massive fan of Mika, but i dont have to love everthing he does, do i?

i know this is long but i needed to get it off my chest.

Mika is you read this i would like to let you know that just because you didnt win any awards doesnt mean your not great, you do have the most addictive track of the year and you are the greatest solo artist of the year as well, you dont need an award to prove that your the greatest person and musician ever invented in the history of music, you still have all of your fans that will stick with you throughout your entire career and beyond (lol) and dont forget you are constanty gaining new fans!!!!!!

(please tell me if im being harsh or horrible, its just how i feel)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're being harsh and horrible :naughty:

she really is a GREAT singer!!!! in missionary man and happy ending she is just wonderful with mika!! :thumb_yello: it seems like mika really enjoys singing or i guess interacting with people on stage :bleh:

i'm not very good at speaking my mind but pretty much she is a GREAT singer and she seems really nice :biggrin2:

oh right, ok

i really dont mean to be harsh or horrible to mika or saranyade at all, she was quite a good singer though i must admit but i just prefer mika by himself. do you know whether she isngs with Mika in all of his songs at his gigs or just a few?

(im asking a lot of questions about her, so maybe ill be able to grow to like her, if you know what i mean?)

Hello BVS! You have obviously missed the thread where we first discovered Sara or Saraynade or smt.

She is indeed Mika's new backing singer, and after her appearance at the first gig of the current European tour a thread was opened basically saying what you are saying.

Then it got a little ugly and personal so the thread was pulled.

So it went like this.

We hate her.

People told off and explained how it is Mika's decision how he runs his show.

We love her.

Thread pulled.

There is now a thread for her somewhere on the forum.

I haven't seen her myself, so am waiting to make up my mind.

I did think the EMA performance was cracking though and I enjoyed the band and the lollipop girls and dancers etc.

she's his backsinger, so she's on every time the song requires it. i don't have a problem with her. she's kind, cute, nice and does her job very well, like the rest of the band. she's also got an amazing voice, no doubt about it.

o.c. I prefer mika, but many mfc'ers fancy some band members almost better than mika and there's nothing wrong with it. :wink2: as well as it's perfectly fine to fancy mika above all the others. it's a free world :mf_rosetinted:

Hello BVS! You have obviously missed the thread where we first discovered Sara or Saraynade or smt.

She is indeed Mika's new backing singer, and after her appearance at the first gig of the current European tour a thread was opened basically saying what you are saying.

So it went like this.

We hate her.

We love her.

Thread pulled.

I did think the EMA performance was cracking though and I enjoyed the band and the lollipop girls and dancers etc.

rotfl babs!! :roftl::naughty::roftl:

I have seen her and she's pretty good. :)

as for the ema, I also , as posted elsewhere, thought it was too much mtv too little mika performance. not my fave at all, though it was lovely to see the rsb in person. :biggrin2:

you're being harsh and horrible :naughty:

she really is a GREAT singer!!!! in missionary man and happy ending she is just wonderful with mika!! :thumb_yello: it seems like mika really enjoys singing or i guess interacting with people on stage :bleh:

i'm not very good at speaking my mind but pretty much she is a GREAT singer and she seems really nice :biggrin2:

Ok, again i dont mean to be harsh ort horrible, i understnad what your sayinga nd yeah she is pretty good but i just dont understand why Mika even needs a backup singer.

By the way Hi Norwalk, its been ages since we have spoken. are you ok then?

do you celebrate halloween in America? (not meaning to change the subject but we havent spoken in ages) he he lol

dont worry, neither am i, but i managed to write all this out (the thread above) cuz its something that i truly beleive and think. lol. dont hate me for starting this thread!!!!!!

yes i truly think that he dont need her at grace kelly at all ,but it just my opinion :mf_rosetinted: because i saw it:blink: he didn't do anything she was just waving with her hands or something like that you know she even sing at all :thumbdown: so you don't need her in you grace kelly Mika :wub2:

yes i truly think that he dont need her at grace kelly at all ,but it just my opinion :mf_rosetinted: because i saw it:blink: he didn't do anything she was just waving with her hands or something like that you know she even sing at all :thumbdown: so you don't need her in you grace kelly Mika :wub2:

I just think they should squeeze in as many people as possible on stage at ema... :roftl: plus as a new member of the band, she may like to be there and I understand that. maybe she wasn't singing at all, just lipsinc... :blink: ? :mf_rosetinted:

So it went like this.

We hate her.

We love her.

Thread pulled.

ok thanks for letting me know, no i never seen the thread. but its quite awkrawd and difficult to explain how i feel. i dont know whetehr anyelse understands, but ive never see her perform at a gig, but i am going to a Mika concert on 22nd November and hope to see her perform so i can like her. if oyu know what i mean?

seriously people i dont want anyone to say they hate her and all that, becasue i dont i just basically wanna know why he has a backup singer?

i mean i kinda do like her, and she soudns great but i think if io seen her perform live or even met her it would help.

Thanks Avoca for letting me know when she performs with which songs ( like you said when shes required, which kinda means not every song?) lol

Yeah, I watched Missionary Man on youtube and obviously he needs someone on that song, and she sounded good, but I agree with you, I couldn't really see what she did on GK that was extra . I guess he has her as a backing singer now though, and she is a fixture, whatever the song? :blink:

Yes basically!!! yay someone who kinda understand. no offence ot everyone else. beleive me i do take in and understand what you are all trying to say. i really do hope people hate men for strating this thread?!?!?!?! :shocked::sad::no:

ok thanks for letting me know, no i never seen the thread. but its quite awkrawd and difficult to explain how i feel. i dont know whetehr anyelse understands, but ive never see her perform at a gig, but i am going to a Mika concert on 22nd November and hope to see her perform so i can like her. if oyu know what i mean?

seriously people i dont want anyone to say they hate her and all that, becasue i dont i just basically wanna know why he has a backup singer?

i mean i kinda do like her, and she soudns great but i think if io seen her perform live or even met her it would help.

Thanks Avoca for letting me know when she performs with which songs ( like you said when shes required, which kinda means not every song?) lol

That was kind of the tone of the original thread, even for people who quite liked her, like she was an intruder or something. Emotions were running high. People don't like change I guess. Everyone seems to have accepted her to some degree now, though.

( But we don't have to like her if we don't want to! Wait until we have seen her live, and I will meet you back here to compare notes! )

well, i have to say I am a bit distracted by mr M to notice if she backsings VERY single song.. she does mostly missionary man, HE, love today, some of holy johnny,.. just a few random I can come up with. NO sitm, that's sure :mf_rosetinted: that's mr M's kingdom. and mine :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

and surely not any other world. I think she was not how much do you love me either.. or am I mistaken..? :blink: I was a little (much) in awe then... :wub2:

Ok. yeah i guess it is kinda like that. yeah i dont really like change but again im not aginst her. i dont think shes an intruder.

by the way Saraynade if you are reading this thread, i dont hate you, i simply wait to see you perform live at one of Mikas concerts so i can love your singing and also your greatness.

Btw whats Rsb (is that a stupid question)

well, i have to say I am a bit distracted by mr M to notice if she backsings VERY single song.. she does mostly missionary man, HE, love today, some of holy johnny,.. just a few random I can come up with. NO sitm, that's sure :mf_rosetinted: that's mr M's kingdom. and mine :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

and surely not any other world. I think she was not how much do you love me either.. or am I mistaken..? :blink: I was a little (much) in awe then... :wub2:

He He lol that made me laugh. thanks for the information!

RSB = The Royal Sympathy Band You can find them playing on the inside of the LICM sleeve! :wink2:

When you say the EMA performance was not very Mika I think it was totally Mika and a vision of the future.

As the record company pump more money into the tours he will make his shows more and more elaberate to the point where he has the RSB, a gossip choir, a childrens choir, Billy Brown......in addition to the charaters we already have like the big girls and lollipop girls on every night. His costume changes are getting more frequent too!

From the first gig I saw in February where he wore black jeans and a white shirt with a plain black stage, no animal costumes and only the lollipop girls at the end you can see the changes literally before your eyes!

There is soooooo much more to come!

Ok, again i dont mean to be harsh ort horrible, i understnad what your sayinga nd yeah she is pretty good but i just dont understand why Mika even needs a backup singer.

I think he does need a backup singer because he and others did a lot of backing vocals on his tracks and in order to replicate it on stage he has been using playback. I'd rather he use a backup singer than pre-recorded tracks.

I know everyone loves the band but they aren't powerful enough to support Mika's vocals IMO. Happy Ending wouldn't work at all without another singer and since Lorna is no longer available he had to use someone else.

I'm surprised you even noticed Sara at the EMAs because she was very much in the background. Someone mentioned her blue fringe and I had to go back and watch it again because I didn't even know she was there. I think he just used her because, as everyone else said, she's now a fixture in the band and he seemed to have brought as many bodies as he possibly could find to fill that huge stage.

Personally I loved the EMA and I think it's very Mika. The bigger Mika's stage gets the bigger his show gets. I think that's been his plan all along, he's just been waiting for the resources and the opportunities to come together.

But of course you do not have to agree with everything Mika does. Nothing wrong with voicing another opinion. :thumb_yello:

Btw whats Rsb (is that a stupid question)

Royal Sympathy Band. :biggrin2:

Arrrrrrr right, i get it now. yeah i love the royal symphony band.

yeah it does give more *punch* to the song, you are right.

cool i find it really intersting ot hear other peoples opinions

cool thanks for letting me know about things to come and maybe some more. lol.

i love his outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!