Whos mika performing with?

BVS

Oh, and my opinion of Sara (I've yet to see her perform) is that instead of performing to us, the audience, he performs to some extent, to her in a duet style and it is this fact that makes us all a little edgy!

We are not upset by any other members of the gang, everyone loves cherisse and Lorna, but it seems to me it's that sharing the stage and the songs that makes it hard to accept her.

Obviously as the shows get bigger and more polished they couldn't just have Martin singing at the top of his range and cherisse isn't a singer..........so a female backing singer is the obvious answer.

It has been mentioned that it would have been better to have had more than one...which I agree with totally as it would remove the element I'm referring to but maybe that will come when the funds allow.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he does need a backup singer because he and others did a lot of backing vocals on his tracks and in order to replicate it on stage he has been using playback. I'd rather he use a backup singer than pre-recorded tracks.

I know everyone loves the band but they aren't powerful enough to support Mika's vocals IMO. Happy Ending wouldn't work at all without another singer and since Lorna is no longer available he had to use someone else.

I'm surprised you even noticed Sara at the EMAs because she was very much in the background. Someone mentioned her blue fringe and I had to go back and watch it again because I didn't even know she was there. I think he just used her because, as everyone else said, she's now a fixture in the band and he seemed to have brought as many bodies as he possibly could find to fill that huge stage.

Personally I loved the EMA and I think it's very Mika. The bigger Mika's stage gets the bigger his show gets. I think that's been his plan all along, he's just been waiting for the resources and the opportunities to come together.

But of course you do not have to agree with everything Mika does. Nothing wrong with voicing another opinion. :thumb_yello:

Royal Sympathy Band. :biggrin2:

LOL!! Were you reading my mind again??! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Oh, and my opinion of Sara (I've yet to see her perform) is that instead of performing to us, the audience, he performs to some extent, to her in a duet style and it is this fact that makes us all a little edgy!

We are not upset by any other members of the gang, everyone loves cherisse and Lorna, but it seems to me it's that sharing the stage and the songs that makes it hard to accept her.

Obviously as the shows get bigger and more polished they couldn't just have Martin singing at the top of his range and cherisse isn't a singer..........so a female backing singer is the obvious answer.

It has been mentioned that it would have been better to have had more than one...which I agree with totally as it would remove the element I'm referring to but maybe that will come when the funds allow.

yeah, you put it in a different perspective??!?!?

i find it easy to see situations or opinions in of course my own opinion or emotion as well as others.

thanks for your insight, im glad that one of my threads has actually turned into a good and interesting discussion, most of the time i only get a few replies and thats it.

this thread is really taking off. lol.

I hadn't liked to think about this in such detail, but I totally agree with the points you have made.

Seeing Sara on the youtube vids in the first instance, it did almost seem like it was the Mika and Sara show. (or Donny and Marie for the oldlings :naughty: )

A lot of people based their initial opinions on one video, which possibly isn't representative of the whole show.

As I have said, I am still to make up my mind, not having seen the show with Sara in it as yet.

YUP!

I'm kind of sure that I'm going to feel a bit of a 'pang' when I see him next due to the subtle difference having him singing 'to' someone on stage will make.

Do I need to get a grip of myself?

Maybe!

Will it stop me enjoying the show?

I hope not.............but I do have to say if Sara wanders around the front of the stage waving her arms in the air whilst I'm trying to watch Mika batter his poor ol' tin bin to death........I may have to climb onto the stage and push her out of the way!!!! :roftl:

I have waited months to see him topless and frenzied and I DO NOT want my view spoilt!!!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow:

I just think they should squeeze in as many people as possible on stage at ema... :roftl: plus as a new member of the band, she may like to be there and I understand that. maybe she wasn't singing at all, just lipsinc... :blink: ? :mf_rosetinted:

I thought so , she might just lipsinc and about the squeeze yes i agree with you because they wanted to have a great and colourful show :biggrin2:

I hadn't liked to think about this in such detail, but I totally agree with the points you have made.

Seeing Sara on the youtube vids in the first instance, it did almost seem like it was the Mika and Sara show. (or Donny and Marie for the oldlings :naughty: )A lot of people based their initial opinions on one video, which possibly isn't representative of the whole show.

As I have said, I am still to make up my mind, not having seen the show with Sara in it as yet.

BTW :lmao::naughty:

Same here lol!!!

well i wont push her off stage but i would walk away a little disappointed. lol.

no offence.

yeah, you have got a clearly valid and yet aother good point there about him singing to someone on stage. lol.

its fun and good talking to you and discussing things withy you.

Seeing Sara on the youtube vids in the first instance, it did almost seem like it was the Mika and Sara show. (or Donny and Marie for the oldlings :naughty: )

A lot of people based their initial opinions on one video, which possibly isn't representative of the whole show.

I have noticed in the more recent videos she seems to be in the background now except for the Missionary Man duet and Holy Johnny where the whole band is present.

When I first saw Mika live I'd never seen any videos of his performances (except for Jools Holland). I had no idea what to expect and had never seen any band members.

When he sang Holy Johnny he was serenading Martin. There's no other way to describe it. He sang entirely to him and barely even looked at the audience. I just assumed this was what he normally did.

I found out later that was the first time he'd ever performed HJ so I think he and Martin were just trying to work it out on stage so they were focused on one another. In later performances Mika is standing close to Martin, but he's playing to the audience like he always does.

Maybe that first show in Lille was the same type of thing for him and Sara. They just needed to work it out on stage until they both became comfortable with what she was doing. Mika may have felt a need to communicate with her early on and wanted to have eye contact or whatever so she was always close to him.

Or maybe he just didn't like being upstaged. :wink2:

he he lol

anyways its good to hear what people think and its turned into a really interesting discusion. but unfortuneately i ahve to go now, my parents are moaning at me for being on the laptop for so. anyway,im looking forward to reading other replies to this tomorrow and everyone have a good night!!!

bye xXx

Night guys, I should go, but I will just have one more 'sweep' of the MFC ( and will probably still be here in an hour :naughty:)

hehe me too. i am trying to quit but am so curious to hear final reports from dusseldorf, esp. after the gk half naked thing... :das:

hehe me too. i am trying to quit but am so curious to hear final reports from dusseldorf, esp. after the gk half naked thing... :das:

Yeah, what's that about anyway?? :shocked:

And people dancing on stage with him? I'm jealous! :sneaky2:

Ok, i think Mika is the greatest ever, no words can describe his uniqueness and greatness, but i want to know why at his gigs and performances( ie MTV EMAs) he his performing with a backup singer. he doesnt need another singer on stage backing his singing up!

who was the woman with blue hair who he peformed with at the EMAs and whos the woman in the kinda ra-ra girl outfit at his concerts (i have seen her in some gig photos)?

Also, at the EMAs i think that his performance was absolutely astonishing and admirable (is that a word?), like he himself and his band gave an amazing peformance, but i didnt understand why he had the massive puppet(that was also great, i loved it) and the dancers in the masks and stripy jumpsuits and the half naked woman dancing around and the woman with the blue hair.

personally i dont think that he needed all of this and i dont think that this was Mika at all or it wasnt one of the best performances!

Sorry, i just needed a little moment and rant, and to see if other people felt the same or could help answer my questions. i mean sure enough im a massive fan of Mika, but i dont have to love everthing he does, do i?

i know this is long but i needed to get it off my chest.

Mika is you read this i would like to let you know that just because you didnt win any awards doesnt mean your not great, you do have the most addictive track of the year and you are the greatest solo artist of the year as well, you dont need an award to prove that your the greatest person and musician ever invented in the history of music, you still have all of your fans that will stick with you throughout your entire career and beyond (lol) and dont forget you are constanty gaining new fans!!!!!!

(please tell me if im being harsh or horrible, its just how i feel)

No, that's not harsh, it's your opinion. I've also noticed him singing with some female singer on footage of concerts, and he really doesn't need her. I don't think she's popular with many of the fans. Mika is a solo singer. He may need a bit of backup when he's live, because he has but one set of truly awesome vocal chords, but he doesn't need anyone actually singing along with him.

Yes, he did deserve the award, and I've actually been thinking a lot about something. We were all voting away, and were given to believe that the voting would stay open until the last day, but the vote buttons went off, unexpectedly on - I think - the Monday night, European time. Just a thought... Make of it what you will... Do you actually know anyone who likes Avril's song, by the way, or anyone who thinks she's the best solo artist?

LOve today, from Marilyn