Today is my six month Mika-ver-sary!

lollipop_monkey

So I looked at the calendar and realized that today is my six-month Mika-ver-sary! It was the 12th of May when I first saw the "Grace Kelly" video, playing at the movie theatre while waiting for Spiderman 3 to begin. I remember watching the first half like this: :blink: but by the final "kerchingga!!" I was like this: :mf_lustslow:

I'm notorious for being late for movies - usually, I barely see the trailers, let alone the songs before the trailers - so this was totally fate. :biggrin2:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I looked at the calendar and realized that today is my six-month Mika-ver-sary! It was the 12th of May when I first saw the "Grace Kelly", playing at the movie theatre while waiting for Spiderman 3 to begin. I remember watching the first half like this: :blink: but by the final "kerchingga!!" I was like this: :mf_lustslow:

I'm notorious for being late for movies - usually, I barely see the trailers, let alone the songs before the trailers - so this was totally fate. :biggrin2:

YAY!!

*thinks back*

I heard Mika sometime in March, late March...so that's eight months!

Eight months! Holy cow!

Eight beautiful months!:biggrin2::bleh::wub2:

'Twas destiny...:biggrin2:

i fell into him after hearing a radio review of his gig in hk

after he finished his promotion and already left hk..........:mf_rosetinted:

around 30th of May.....

so it's gonna be my 6 month Mika-ver-sary too!!! :wub2:

actually i heard him in March but i didn't pay any attention on him at that moment :bleh:

Congratulations! :thumb_yello:

I downloaded Grace Kelly and Relax on December 6th so I heard him for the first time earlier that week. Mika and I are celebrating our one-year anniversary together in London with 3 days of confetti cannons, balloons and lollipops. :wub2:

:wink2:

Congratulations! :thumb_yello:

I downloaded Grace Kelly and Relax on December 6th so I heard him for the first time earlier that week. Mika and I are celebrating our one-year anniversary together in London with 3 days of confetti cannons, balloons and lollipops. :wub2:

:wink2:

December 6th!

That's three days before my birthday!:biggrin2:

i didn't even know Mika existed then...what a sad existence i led...:blink:

Would have been sad for me too because he breezed in and out of Canada in the blink of an eye and never came back. If I hadn't been looking out for him before February I would have missed him.

Would have been sad for me too because he breezed in and out of Canada in the blink of an eye and never came back. If I hadn't been looking out for him before February I would have missed him.

How did you even hear of Mika that early in Canada?:blink:

How did you even hear of Mika that early in Canada?:blink:

I listen to London radio on the internet at work and the DJ did a Mika-is-going-to-be-a-massive-star preamble for 5 minutes before I even heard his music so he was impossible to miss.

http://capitalfm.com/

They were playing him a bit on Canadian radio though too. It must have been February when I was in a shop and Grace Kelly came on. It really got my attention because I had expected it to be at least a year before he got any airplay in Canada and was only checking his tour dates periodically. After the song they announced he was playing at the MOD Club. I ran to the nearest computer and luckily the tickets hadn't sold out yet.

I think Suzy also heard him on Canadian radio late in 2006 because she's been on MFC since January and she was at the MOD Club too.

December 6th!

That's three days before my birthday!:biggrin2:

:naughty: I understand!

It's strange isn't it, but I can't believe I once never knew who Mika was. It feels like I was born knowing him :shocked: I can't comprehend that less than 11 months ago, there was no Mika in my daily existence.

I'll celebrate my 1 year Mikaversary on January 3rd 2008. I think I'll bake a cake.

Happy 6 month Mikaversary lollipop monkey!