A (bad) review of the DVD

IngievV

I absolutely agree! But isn't it known that only those who can't become musicians themself become music critics?

Good point. Failed musicians bashing the successful, the so-called experts:thumbdown: Let's just ignore them, we know better:thumb_yello:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We Will Always Find People Who Will "believe" That Mika Has No talent At All. Honestly, I Think They're Just Jealous Of His Talent!!!!

Mika Has So Many Gifts That Other Artists Don't Have. This Someone Who Wrote The Bad-ass Review Is Pointless!!! I Will Never Change My Admiration For Mika Just Because Some Ass Does Not Agree With His Talent!!!!

people can say wathever they want about the dvd or about mika, cause we all know he is talented as hell! he will keep on doing this for sooooo many years, and i he got more support than haters (i belive so), we will always be there for him, no matter what:):wub2:

:blink: if you don't like his music, fair enough, but there's two things that you just can't blame him of, it's lack of humour and having a weak voice

here here I say there my good fellow, I couldn't agree more, the lack of humour :furious:, well somebody is just talking verbal diarrhea and I will give em what for cos his shows ooze humour fgs, let me at em let me at em!:boxing::mad3:I I reckon they musta been "on" summit:rasta:don't you?

I don't want to seem mean but...was it really necessary this dvd at this point in his career? I don't know, I think it is too early for an artist to make a dvd. I know, I know, he has lots of fans but I think he exagerates (even though he is Mika and we all know how excentric the boy is:bleh:)

Anyway, I will wait to see the DVD (it's gonna take a few years:naughty: ) and then I'll discuss about it.

I actually think it's a great idea to bring out the DVD of his 1st phenomenal year of success as it has snowballed in such a short time, and as the man himself would say....WHY NOT! It will be great for himself and us to look back at his first year and think WOW wasn't that an amazingly awesome year. It will be like looking at old photographs only with all the atmosphere of his live gigs, so I think he did the right thing, I'm happy about it and I have deliberately not seen it yet cos I am saving him for Christmas day to fill me with joy. :biggrin2:

Wow, you have willpower waiting till Xmas day!!

I think it is a good record of his year, and will always be fun to look back on. But he does say a few things about being sick. We'd rather he moved on from that bit .....:mf_rosetinted:

Wow, you have willpower waiting till Xmas day!!

I think it is a good record of his year, and will always be fun to look back on. But he does say a few things about being sick. We'd rather he moved on from that bit .....:mf_rosetinted:

shhhhhh!!!! ZIPIT I am trying to avoid all talk and video snippets of the DVD until I get it for Christmas, (willpower is easy when you have only planted the seed in your offspring's mind about Christmas gifts) if no one gets me it then war :boxing::gun_bandana::gun2::starwars::blowup: will be declared at our house.

I actually think it's a great idea to bring out the DVD of his 1st phenomenal year of success as it has snowballed in such a short time, and as the man himself would say....WHY NOT! It will be great for himself and us to look back at his first year and think WOW wasn't that an amazingly awesome year. It will be like looking at old photographs only with all the atmosphere of his live gigs, so I think he did the right thing, I'm happy about it and I have deliberately not seen it yet cos I am saving him for Christmas day to fill me with joy. :biggrin2:

I agree. For most of us who sticked with him from the beginning and a little bit later:naughty: this is a great way to remind the fabby year:thumb_yello: And hopefully more DVD's to come!

DVD review: Mika - Live In Cartoon Motion (Casablanca/Universal)

Glenn Meads

14/11/2007

MIKA has the second biggest selling album of the year so far with Life In Cartoon Motion. The flamboyant one is about to tour the UK, so what better time to have a look at his live antics on DVD.

It's an odd experience as you do not really know whether you are supposed to be thinking "how retro" as he resembles Leo Sayer in terms of style, or smiling in an ironic way as he sings the audience favourite 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)'.

Billy Brown sounds like a track that Freddie Mercury would have saved one of his solo albums.

The problem with much of Mika's show on this DVD filmed in Paris is the lack of humour.

This artiste appeals to a similar fan base to that of Scissor Sisters but their knowing camp wit keeps you smiling even through their lame tracks.

But here, Mika forgets to laugh at himself; the result being a really pompous cover of Eurythmics' 'Sweet Dreams', which will give you nightmares.

Latest single 'Happy Ending' should be cracking live as it's a great epic narrative of a track. But Mika's voice wavers leaving you feeling a bit short changed.

The sublime 'Grace Kelly' sees curly bouncing back with relish but again, the voice is not as strong as you would like.

Nice record, shame about the live show!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/s/1024294_dvd_review_mika__live_in_cartoon_motion_casablancauniversal_

I só do not agree. The DVD is amazing. Glenn, put your goddamn glasses on:sneaky2:

Well this article basically sucks

If they don't like his music, fair enough, but how can they say his voice is not strong? Whatever way you look at it, the boy can sing.

Were they even watching the same dvd as we all have been watching? The mind boggles...

exactly !