A (bad) review of the DVD

IngievV

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: How could anyone think that?!

I'd imagine it would be hilarious- knowing Mika (well interviews I've seen)

And nightmares?! Are you kidding me?... If that's even what they said about the covers, I forgot, haha.

Is it funny?

:blink: How could anyone think that?!

I'd imagine it would be hilarious- knowing Mika (well interviews I've seen)

And nightmares?! Are you kidding me?... If that's even what they said about the covers, I forgot, haha.

Is it funny?

The documentary is extremely funny as far as I've seen it before my mother interrupted ("Can you turn it off? I don't like Mika":sneaky2: )

I loved the part where Cherisse, Mikey and Mika walk around in the city.:roftl:

I don't want to seem mean but...was it really necessary this dvd at this point in his career? I don't know, I think it is too early for an artist to make a dvd. I know, I know, he has lots of fans but I think he exagerates (even though he is Mika and we all know how excentric the boy is:bleh:)

Anyway, I will wait to see the DVD (it's gonna take a few years:naughty: ) and then I'll discuss about it.

I don't want to seem mean but...was it really necessary this dvd at this point in his career? I don't know, I think it is too early for an artist to make a dvd. I know, I know, he has lots of fans but I think he exagerates (even though he is Mika and we all know how excentric the boy is:bleh:)

Anyway, I will wait to see the DVD (it's gonna take a few years:naughty: ) and then I'll discuss about it.

Thought about the same. Would have loved him to wait.

Mika has achieved (Wait, was that a right line?:blink: ) so much in just a year! I don't know who it was who has critisized this dvd and Mika's voice, but he or she must be really def:blink:

I WANT THAT DVD SOOOOO BAD!!!!:tears:

I loved the DVD! I though it was amazing! stupid review-writer person. and yes, it is early, but he managed it! My dad keeps on saying : "he has 5 singles from one album?!"

I think the dvd was just to mark the end of this era, you might like to say.

I bet it'll be a new album next year with a whole new theme, look, live show and set of characters to go with it

and I can't wait :)

I loved the DVD! I though it was amazing! stupid review-writer person. and yes, it is early, but he managed it! My dad keeps on saying : "he has 5 singles from one album?!"

yeah, anyone who can release so many singles in a year??

but that fact is any songs on this album can be a single !!!!

i am still expecting the sixth....:bleh:

Normally I'd agree wth you, but Mika isn't normal :naughty: and it hasn't been a normal year for him!

He's had such an incredible year and made such an impact that I think the DVD is justified, and we shouldn't underestimate his selling power - his 'people' were hardly going to look a gift horse in the mouth were they?

Also, he's the kind of artist who is going to constantly evolve his live shows and so it makes sense to capture his 2007 set-up on DVD.

DVD review: Mika - Live In Cartoon Motion

The problem with much of Mika's show on this DVD filmed in Paris is the lack of humour.

But here, Mika forgets to laugh at himself; the result being a really pompous cover of Eurythmics' 'Sweet Dreams', which will give you nightmares.

The sublime 'Grace Kelly' sees curly bouncing back with relish but again, the voice is not as strong as you would like.

LACK of humour:blink: :sneaky2:

Well if that cover will give nightmares, well then.....bring it on cause i like it :biggrin2:

Voice = not strong!!! WHAT THE.....he clearly can't hear and as i said before he was ill then and he sounded brill....I would like to see someone up on stage singing and jumping around sick and still manage to sing awesome!

how she can critisse Mika`s voice??!!! she is soooo stupid! Mika does a great cover of Sweet Dreams! is one of my favourites covers!

Mikas released 5 singles in one year!! and i hope the sixth too!! jajaj

he has done a lot this year... he made two tours and i hope he comes to argentina next year!! and released a new album!

NO.....

i mean not in 2008, isn't too WAY fast???

only HK singers would release 8 albums in 2 years or 18 albums in 6 years (just checked, it corrects) :mf_rosetinted:

2 albums in 2 years isn't the same as 8 albums in 2 years...

like my brother pointed out the other day

his album was released at the beginning of the yeatr and in the uk it has never left the top tem albums in a full year - now thats an achievement!!!!

go mika!!!:bleh:

Exactly, Mika is something different, a breath of fresh air and obviously the world has embraced him and his sound. Mika won't go out now and release 8 albums in a year, perhaps he will release one next year since he already said he is writing the songs and I assume he already has a lot of them, or perhaps in 2 years. But he will wait until he's completely satisfied and that's what makes Mika Mika. And there will always be people who don't like him which is absolutely Glenn's case. That's with good music, some people are too deaf to hear it and bash it. But that's their problem...we have something amazing:thumb_yello:

Exactly, Mika is something different, a breath of fresh air and obviously the world has embraced him and his sound. Mika won't go out now and release 8 albums in a year, perhaps he will release one next year since he already said he is writing the songs and I assume he already has a lot of them, or perhaps in 2 years. But he will wait until he's completely satisfied and that's what makes Mika Mika. And there will always be people who don't like him which is absolutely Glenn's case. That's with good music, some people are too deaf to hear it and bash it. But that's their problem...we have something amazing:thumb_yello:

I absolutely agree! But isn't it known that only those who can't become musicians themself become music critics?