The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

oh dear i am tip toeing gently in to the British thread hoping nobody will see me come in, so i can sit in the corner and watch whats goin on without making a plonker of myself so i will just sit here a bit and maybe hide behind a newspaper and maybe i will make a noise when i sus the scene !!

Regards to all, kisskiss

Aww... Come on in here! We're talking about the earthquake...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:naughty: I got told yesterday i have to prepare a presentation on 2 famous people for my French speaking exam........ I spent all last night panicking because i didn't know who to do it on......

Then i realised how simple the answer was.... because it's right here in front of me!!! :doh: :doh:

Mika and Wilko of course!!!! :woot_jump:

I'm going to be looking forward to that - any chance i get to talk about those 2, i'm in there! :biggrin2:

:naughty: I got told yesterday i have to prepare a presentation on 2 famous people for my French speaking exam........ I spent all last night panicking because i didn't know who to do it on......

Then i realised how simple the answer was.... because it's right here in front of me!!! :doh: :doh:

Mika and Wilko of course!!!!

I'm going to be looking forward to that - any chance i get to talk about those 2, i'm in there! :biggrin2:

This is great - and of course you have all those French magazine articles on Mika to get all your relevant vocab from (in fact you could just learn one off by heart :naughty: NO, don't!).

I used to teach GCSE French and have prepared lots of people for orals so if you need any help just shout....although it was years ago and I am well rusty these days.

Can't really help you with the Rugby vocab though :blink::naughty: .

This is great - and of course you have all those French magazine articles on Mika to get all your relevant vocab from (in fact you could just learn one off by heart :naughty: NO, don't!).

I used to teach GCSE French and have prepared lots of people for orals so if you need any help just shout....although it was years ago and I am well rusty these days.

Can't really help you with the Rugby vocab though :blink::naughty: .

:naughty:

thanks!!!! That's so kind of you! :biggrin2:

Im hoping to do French at A level next year too. Im going to an open day for college next saturday, so its a bit scary. I dont know what else i want to do yet though.

Im thinking of doing a Spanish GCSE part time also, because we didnt get the oppurtunity to do that in school - it was either German or French, so i dropped German.

Of course, it helps that Mika does a lot of interviews in French, so that one should be easy....

But well, the rugby one should be ok, i know the French for fly-half (demi d'ouverture apparently....) so, errrr, yeah! :naughty::bleh:

I've just started writing the presentation on Mika.... It's actually going to be really interesting, seeing as a lot of things have happened in his life. :woot_jump:

Oh, and how long did you think it would be before we started receiving text messages with jokes about the earthquake in them?

I got one last night, and it was actually pretty racist so i didnt like it.

I've just started writing the presentation on Mika.... It's actually going to be really interesting, seeing as a lot of things have happened in his life. :woot_jump:

Oh, and how long did you think it would be before we started receiving text messages with jokes about the earthquake in them?

I didn't get jokes, but I got rumours, amd I hope the presentation goes well! I'm not that great at Fench... I can do reading/writing but I have a serious problem talking in French... Oh well... :roftl:

What kind of stuff will you talk about?

I didn't get jokes, but I got rumours, amd I hope the presentation goes well! I'm not that great at Fench... I can do reading/writing but I have a serious problem talking in French... Oh well... :roftl:

I love languages. :bleh:

I'm going to take a gcse in Spanish next year alongside A Levels if i can. I did German for 3 years, but dropped it at options because i wanted to do a variety of things - but now i'm interested in becoming an interpreter if i don't have some sort of a career in music.

What kind of stuff will you talk about?

You have to prepare a 3 minute presentation on a famous person - i'm going to do 2 and then see which one is the best, and then talk about where they were born etc.

Then they ask you questions like 'how many awards have they won?' and things. I think it's quite interesting! :bleh:

You have to prepare a 3 minute presentation on a famous person - i'm going to do 2 and then see which one is the best, and then talk about where they were born etc.

Then they ask you questions like 'how many awards have they won?' and things. I think it's quite interesting! :bleh:

It will be if it's on Mika!

It will be if it's on Mika!

Agreed! :wink2:

I don't know what's easier though - Mika does so many French interviews that i could just take ideas from that - plus Mika has an interesting past!

but then, to talk about Jonny Wilkinson would be easy for me, because i know a lot of the words from before when i did a presentation on another rugby player....

I'm really asking in the wrong place arent i?! :naughty::roftl:

I don't know what's easier though - Mika does so many French interviews that i could just take ideas from that - plus Mika has an interesting past!

but then, to talk about Jonny Wilkinson would be easy for me, because i know a lot of the words from before when i did a presentation on another rugby player....

Maybe... :roftl:

No, just do what you're comfortable with!

Maybe... :roftl:

:doh::naughty:

No, just do what you're comfortable with!

Yeah! I'm going to write both of them and see which is the best and the most interesting. I have a feeling it'll be Mika. Plus, i think the questions will be easier.

The example i was given was 'Enrique Iglesias' (lol) so the example questions are about songs and singing. But other people were given 'David Beckham' as another example (lol again).....

Arrrh! So stresssssssfullllllll!!!

Im going to an open day for college a week on saturday! I really hope i get in for it - they have lots of people go there. the courses are perfect for me.

:doh::naughty:

Yeah! I'm going to write both of them and see which is the best and the most interesting. I have a feeling it'll be Mika. Plus, i think the questions will be easier.

The example i was given was 'Enrique Iglesias' (lol) so the example questions are about songs and singing. But other people were given 'David Beckham' as another example (lol again).....

Arrrh! So stresssssssfullllllll!!!

Im going to an open day for college a week on saturday! I really hope i get in for it - they have lots of people go there. the courses are perfect for me.

Relax... Relax... :roftl:

Oooh! Good luck!

Eight... :roftl:

Man! That's the best year of all - enjoy it!!! It was great - you have no exams/coursework to worry about, and you're not first years so you kinda know the scene. I wish i could go back!!!

I can't wait to get started on college to be honest. Get the GCSEs over and done with. Get started on the A Levels! A week ago, i was adamant i wasn't going to college.... funny how things change!!! :bleh:

Man! That's the best year of all - enjoy it!!! It was great - you have no exams/coursework to worry about, and you're not first years so you kinda know the scene. I wish i could go back!!!

I can't wait to get started on college to be honest. Get the GCSEs over and done with. Get started on the A Levels! A week ago, i was adamant i wasn't going to college.... funny how things change!!! :bleh:

Hehe... I wanna be an artist, book illistrations and stuff.

Changes are weird.... :roftl:

Hehe... I wanna be an artist, book illistrations and stuff.

Changes are weird.... :roftl:

Yeah! I always enjoyed art - i was never brilliant at it, i took Graphics at GCSE but i dropped it - the coursework was just too much for me and i got predicted an E! Ooops! :naughty:

What i can't wait to give up is maths, biology and physics.... I just don't have the mind for them..... (except for Chemistry because i love blowing things up!! :bleh:)

OMG A brittish thread! Why was I not told about this?!

Sorry for interupting your little chin wag ladies, carry on around me.

By the way, has anyone noticed how much us Brits LOVE to queue?

Hi! Welcome! :bleh:

Feel free to stop by anytime! Where in the UK are you from?? (my UK geography is quite poor.....) And yes - us Brits are the masters of queing! (sp?) :biggrin2:

I want Mikafish baaaaaaaaaack!!!! :tears:

*goes back to writing English Lit. essay.....*

I'm not! :roftl:

I wish I lived back in Peterborough... * thinks and shuts up about Peterborough*

I've just had PE and school today and a basketball landed on my fingernail and now it's bleeding... and it really hurts... but hey :roftl:

I'm supposed to be doing my History homework but I can't be bothered so I'll probally leave it till Saturday... I like Fridays, except for the PE... :naughty: