I cannot believe this!!!

Romis

what really annoys me about music today is how its FINE to play and promote music about drugs, fighting, killing, gang lifestyles, having sex, showing sexual imagery etc, (and a lot of it seems degrading to women, and promotes sexual promiscuity) and a lot worse, yet music that makes people feel good about themselves, music that can lift you out or a sh*t mood, music that can give a really good message without and promotes goo values, is overlooked or even dismissed in favour of the society rotting stuff we seem to have a lot of at the moment. I find that wrong and setting a bad example.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was all in the hands of a stupid German editor who thought that Mika and Tokio Hotel don't sell outside Germany.:thumbdown: - they obviously edited the show to sell it outside Europe

I mean, let's suppose they were simply acting brainless without a particular agenda...:cool:

MTV is definitely not homophobic. If you're arguing that they are, it's not fair to really judge MTV in any other aspect because you really don't know much about MTV history. :)

What Sarie or somebody else said about splitting it up with the one hour/ two hour things is right. I already explained that in the EMA US thread, which I said that the nonbelievers should read. It makes more sense.

Really, I mean, they don't even have to show it at all- We're not in Europe. But they do, so it's sort of an extra thing as is. It's just American appeal vs. European appeal, and it has nothing to do with discrimination.

emo and rock music is so dark and sad and angry. how come everyone has to be mad at life all the time? why can't they all just listen to some Love Today or Big Girl and get excited for life!

I LOVE The 69 Eyes and HIM. Yay for gothic rock music about death and love.. and all that has to do with those two things :punk: Uhh.. And The Offspring.. Yay!

Diversity is nice. Just don't cut your wrists.

Yay for pink underwear too!

emo and rock music is so dark and sad and angry. how come everyone has to be mad at life all the time? why can't they all just listen to some Love Today or Big Girl and get excited for life!

Lol, maybe this sounds stupid but:

There also are happy emocore numbers and happy metal numbers. Metal always cheers me up. But I have this special bond with Mika, it's special:biggrin2:

We first thought because he's Lebanese.

I'm sorry, but what does being Lebanese have to do with a possible theory of being cut out of the re-aired version of the EMAs?

Speaking of Lebanese and the EMAs , I was watching a music show on LBC (Lebanese Broadcast Channel) and they aired the part with Mika's performance of GK on the EMAs...

Anyway, I think it's highly idiotic that Mika's performance was cut out the repeat, he was absolutely fantastic, just because he didn't win, doesn't mean he was supposed to be cut out!! :thumbdown:

hi aurora...well, they promoted the show WITH Mika's performance. If they didn't show it, it's deceit into advertisings!! misleading publicity...

and we have the right to complain...

just being curious...has ever GK or Love Today been aired on MTV in your countries??

My country doesn't have it's MTV... but on MTV Europe, Mika is actually played quite often ... and on our country's music channel, Óčko, they play him quite a lot as well... hum..strange o.O There's no reason to cut him out even if he's not famous o.O

NEVER a video in MTV...I think they mentioned him vaguely in the news because of the Hey Betty thing...but they didn't give it importance...

Sarie...do you really think Mika's not popular there in the States? A lot of the MFCers are from there and his gigs sell all the tickets!! a total sucess for me...

i used to see the grace kelly video every single day on mtv :biggrin2: i would watch mtv because mika was shown there so much but mika didn't catch on enough in the usa for them to keep showing his videos so now they never show mika..

there's not many tickets sold for the concerts in the usa :naughty:

i think it's the usa's fault not mtv's if it wasn't for the usa being stupid mika would be noticed :mf_rosetinted:

anyways sorry i'm a bit late posting on this thread :bleh: