Out.com - Katy Perry about Ur So Gay & about Mika

Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know what, I didn't think about it, but possibly. :mf_rosetinted: Especially the part about "They say, you've got OCD..." etc.

"You're such a poet," "they say, you have OCD, and they claim, you can barely read", losing the apartment because of buying so much crap, talking about eccentricities

I think so! :blush-anim-cl:It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I first heard this song.

The only thing that makes me wonder is the whole "you park in the loading bay" when he now said that he can't drive:roftl:Oh well, it could be poetic licence??:blink::naughty:

I think so! :blush-anim-cl:It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I first heard this song.

The only thing that makes me wonder is the whole "you park in the loading bay" when he now said that he can't drive:roftl:Oh well, it could be poetic licence??:blink::naughty:

love the pun :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

*Makes list of similarities*

"You're such a poet," "they say, you have OCD, and they claim, you can barely read", losing the apartment because of buying so much crap, talking about eccentricities

:shocked: Never thought about that... but yeah now as you say it... there really are some clues which could refer to him

but has he ever crossed his i's and doted his t's ? when he wrote something ? XD

What did Mika say about “Ur So Gay”?

He laughed. I came home one night, and he was signed on to Instant Messenger. He wrote, “That ‘Ur So Gay’ song is amaaazing. I got the master’s approval.

So, referring to the Big M in that way is more widespread that we thought. :naughty:

Since Greg Wells calls him the Maestro and Katy Perry calls him the Master, I wouldn't be all too surprised if that's the case. :lol3:

Yes, I know all too well. :boxed:

:roftl: When I was a kid there was a ridiculous character on the Young & the Restless who taught piano and he was always called The Maestro. I don't think he even had a real name. I would only call someone Maestro in the most mocking way possible.

:roftl: When I was a kid there was a ridiculous character on the Young & the Restless who taught piano and he was always called The Maestro. I don't think he even had a real name. I would only call someone Maestro in the most mocking way possible.

Trust Y&R to build cheap mystique around a character like that. :lol3:

Mika's a fan of soaps... *thinking, calculating pose*

Trust Y&R to build cheap mystique around a character like that. :lol3:

Mika's a fan of soaps... *thinking, calculating pose*

:roftl: Mika wasn't even born in the Maestro's days...but how old is Greg Wells? If he's like every other Canadian kid, his mother made him watch it.

There was also an episode of Seinfeld that had a character who

insisted he be called "The Maestro" -- he was an orchestra conductor.

No one was allowed to use his real name. :)

dcdeb

:roftl: Mika wasn't even born in the Maestro's days...but how old is Greg Wells? If he's like every other Canadian kid, his mother made him watch it.

According to his MySpace he's 95; I'm sure that Y&R (and Greg Wells) didn't exist in 1912. Wikipedia tells me that he's 39... sounds like the right age to have been weaned on Y&R. Now I wonder of Mika's love of soaps extends far enough to pick up Greg Wells' (coincidental?) reference...

Wikipedia says he was born in 1968.

Facts and figures: Greg Wells also worked with my favourite Belgian singer Sarah Bettens. He was the producer and mixer of her album 'Scream' (2005) and even her co-songwriter for that one. :thumb_yello:

You think that song might be inspired by the M-persona? :mf_rosetinted:

I'm glad i'm not the only "paranoid" person who thinks many things in her songs refer to him. I mean the entire song doesn't have to be about him, but parts could be. :blush-anim-cl: There are so many other lines from all her songs that come to mind but i don't want to be controversial (for the lack of a better word right now :roftl: )

Wikipedia says he was born in 1968.

Facts and figures: Greg Wells also worked with my favourite Belgian singer Sarah Bettens. He was the producer and mixer of her album 'Scream' (2005) and even her co-songwriter for that one. :thumb_yello:

Since this has become the "Greg Wells used to watch Y&R as a kid" thread, I'll add that he produced Rufus Wainwright's "Poses". :wub2:

There was also an episode of Seinfeld that had a character who

insisted he be called "The Maestro" -- he was an orchestra conductor.

No one was allowed to use his real name. :)

dcdeb

OMG how could I have left that out of the discussion. Of course. Seinfeld, Y&R, Canadian humour...you can bet Greg Wells is mocking him with the maestro talk. :roftl:

According to his MySpace he's 95; I'm sure that Y&R (and Greg Wells) didn't exist in 1912. Wikipedia tells me that he's 39... sounds like the right age to have been weaned on Y&R. Now I wonder of Mika's love of soaps extends far enough to pick up Greg Wells' (coincidental?) reference...

We were born in the same year. Why don't I know this man?? I hope he comes to the Toronto gig.

to know if Simple "might be" about Mika, just check what year it was written in, what year they were introduced by Greg Wells and here you have your answer ! :thumb_yello:

I take it as a 'yes'. :mf_rosetinted: (Far too lazy to investigate right now...LOL, plus, if it's YOU to say it... I think I don't have to. I knew your KP obsession would be good for something in the end :naughty: )

I take it as a 'yes'. :mf_rosetinted: (Far too lazy to investigate right now...LOL, plus, if it's YOU to say it... I think I don't have to. I knew your KP obsession would be good for something in the end :naughty: )

yeah me too....i'm too lazy to look :roftl:

erm... to THIS question i don't have the answer :blink: (master ioda speaking :naughty: )

take it as what you want , but i'm not taking the responsability ! i was just pointing the fact that you could find an embryo of answer if you wanted to :wink2: