Radio 2 Music Club Live Presents...

Kata

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so did you not go in the end Bab???

No, I only got as far as Cheshunt when Sarahlou called me and told me. Then I rang Jems, who unfortunately was there already and told her, and as I was near home, we agreed to call it a day. I was shattered anyway.....went home and watched Coronation St.

The Radio 2 gig is all they are talking about on R2 today, and playing all of the artists records.

I know Mika was really sick or he wouldn't have pulled out, but he has missed some great publicity and goodwill opportunities, which I hope he can make up for.

Yes! He really really needs some publicity in UK because nobody knows and buys his records there! :naughty:

I feel bad for PMing you to say he was appearing, then at 5pm

it was announced he wasn't!! :boxed:

Don't be daft W, we should know that Mika information can change by the minute.

I hope he finally takes this seriously and takes enough time off now to get himself right, no matter what he has planned.

Then look more closely at his schedule.

I am just a little concerned that he will damage his reputation if he doesn't sort this out. After all we are his bread and butter in Europe and this is where he has cancelled the most gigs and appearances.

I suppose it can't be helped though...

I'm sorry we didn't get to see you either Babs! The last time we met was at Somerset House...we did look out for you in the crowd though.

Good to see you missed him Akim - if you know what I mean..

That is ridiculous, booing him because he's ill. It's true he must really be suffering to have cancelled this, he really must be at the end of his tether now physically.

Is he cancelling those things in Germany and Russia too? He should.

russia is cancelled already. it's been a while now...

I hope he finally takes this seriously and takes enough time off now to get himself right, no matter what he has planned.

I am just a little concerned that he will damage his reputation if he doesn't sort this out. After all we are his bread and butter in Europe and this is where he has cancelled the most gigs and appearances.

I think the organization and the communication are improving. He did a good job this autumn.

Nothing to compare with what happened last summer.

It's really the lack of information which could damage his reputation. He can be ill but he only needs to inform people and not doing secret gig after saying he was ill and things like that.

I'm quite happy that he cancelled the radio show yesterday. If he had been there, many people would have thought that he lied and that he wasn't really ill.

I think the organization and the communication are improving. He did a good job this autumn.

Nothing to compare with what happened last summer.

It's really the lack of information which could damage his reputation. He can be ill but he only needs to inform people and not doing secret gig after saying he was ill and things like that.

I'm quite happy that he cancelled the radio show yesterday. If he had been there, many people would have thought that he lied and that he wasn't really ill.

I agree.

The cancellations this time have been better handled - Mika's personal message about the reasons for it was very telling. I think (I hope) that was as a direct result of him and his management realising exactly what a cock-up they made of it in the Summer.

Yeah! Last summer, he said that he didn't understand why people were so angry but after i think he really tried to know and then he understood.

I didn't notice that someone was angry because of the cancellations in London because we were clearly informed about what happened.

Of course, it was easy to see on his face that he didn't feel well.

Yes! He really really needs some publicity in UK because nobody knows and buys his records there! :naughty:

Well, seriously, we are his bread and butter, and he has done no promotion for Big Girl or for HE. There are plenty of other artists vying for the promotion. He is reasonably popular now, but who knows if it will last without sustained effort.

The British and especially the press can be very fickle.

That is ridiculous, booing him because he's ill. It's true he must really be suffering to have cancelled this, he really must be at the end of his tether now physically.

Is he cancelling those things in Germany and Russia too? He should.

Russia is no more, but Yop already stressed that... and the other thing is on Saturday not in Germany but Austria. I don't know if he will go there. Publicity wise it would be reasonable as it is a huge thing over here, they always have the top celebs (well, depends on personal taste...:naughty:) -but not if he's still not feeling okay.

:roftl: :roftl:

We'll bring some bread and butter from abroad in Feb if he should run out of it on the isle :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Russia is no more, but Yop already stressed that... and the other thing is on Saturday not in Germany but Austria.

:blink: Are you sure about that? I have already watched this emission and it was on German TV. 5 minutes so boring :roftl:

:blink: Are you sure about that? I have already watched this emission and it was on German TV. 5 minutes so boring :roftl:

They take turns. It is sometimes in Germany but also in Austria or Switzerland. (the language is always German :wink2: ) On Saturday it will be in Graz, which is in Austria.

And yes, I don't like the show either. I find the bets beyond just boring and I hardly ever watch it. The VIPs they invite are often interesting ones, though, especially when they have a seat on the couch for some chat with the 'master' (mwahahaha) Thomas G.

So if Mika will be there on Saturday, I'll watch, but probably I will just have the tv on while doing something else (just not to miss the magic moment) and switch channels right afterwards :naughty:

Yes, the guests are cool but the rest....

If I can watch it on internet, i'll do the same. I can't only watch TV without sleeping.

The only think which interests me is to know if Mika is taller than Thomas! :bleh: Thomas is so tall!

and the other thing is on Saturday not in Germany but Austria.

Sorry - thanks for the correction.:wink2:

Well, seriously, we are his bread and butter, and he has done no promotion for Big Girl or for HE. There are plenty of other artists vying for the promotion. He is reasonably popular now, but who knows if it will last without sustained effort.

I wonder sometimes if in this second half of 2007 it has been a deliberate policy to go easy on the promotion in the UK. Almost as if to carry on with all the in-your-face hype of January to June would be perceived as overkill. Don't know if I would agree with that (if it's the case) but I suppose it's a fine line you tread...

True about the fickle Brits though..:sneaky2:

VH1 has just had LiCM as no 20 in this weeks album charts, which sounds pretty good to me after so long.

I'm not fickle. Poor Mika has got me as a fan for the rest of my life. His picture will have to be put at my bedside in my nursing home :biggrin2: (Heaven forbid!)

HAHAH

I just got tickets in the post this morning for this!!!!!!!

I told you my mail service was bad.

Good thing Mika wasn't there or I wouldn't have been happy :thumbdown:

Thats bad!!!! My post is really bad just now as well!! :thumbdown: