What Piano Does He Play?

Aaurora

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this photo and the interview in this You Tube clip are taken in his flat so not sure if you are able to tell what make of piano it is from them?

mikaathome.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bfW8lkAXBsA

I also think that as half the contents of his flat are in the Happy Ending video that the piano is also his with a few stickers added since!!

Hope this helps.

I think that this photo and the interview in this You Tube clip are taken in his flat so not sure if you are able to tell what make of piano it is from them?

mikaathome.jpg

I also think that as half the contents of his flat are in the Happy Ending video that the piano is also his with a few stickers added since!!

Hope this helps.

cool, thanks i have never seen that video. that looks like the same white piano that he is sitting on in some old pictures that are quite common

mikaathome.jpg

Hope this helps.

I've never seen that photo- is there a bigger version anywhere? :)

Oh, I love that interview posted:mf_lustslow: He was thin, but very wide eyed and excited to be interviewed lol

now he just sort of goes with it... *sigh* I want his long long hair back as well...

that piano is cute too :P

:lmao:

I love how nervous he is in the interview and childlike. Such a camera virgin. Awww:blush-anim-cl:

i like how he analysed the music in it, i think artists should do that more often, seeing as how it is supposed to be all about the music

I love that too....he actually tells a bit about how he wrote it and his feelings behind it. Most commercial artists these days wouldn't know their way around an instrument if their lives depended on it.

I have so much respect for people who can play like Mika can AND sing with that beautiful voice at the same time. It's not easy but he makes it seem like a walk in the park. :wub2:

mikaathome.jpg

Hope this helps.

Oh I like his "little beep sounds" :mf_lustslow:

Why do you think that the interview is taken in his flat?

Oh I like his "little beep sounds" :mf_lustslow:

Why do you think that the interview is taken in his flat?

I think the shakey camera work denotes that it's being filmed by a friend or family member as a promo.....it was used within a few early reports on TV around Europe. The fact that the various versions of the Relax sleeve (which was the first mini release last summer with just 500 copies pressed) are perched along the piano show how staged it was (and how long ago!). In a sweet, "OH MY GOD I'M DOING MY FIRST INTERVIEW TO CAMERA" kind of way! I remember reading a few early articles where the journolist said that they'd been invited over to Mika's flat to do the interview and that he'd played his piano for them so I suspect that this was shot just before those interviews as a practice run!

• 2 weeks later...

In the Live Lounge interview, he says he uses a "chipwork" (?) piano. I don't know if that's even a piano brand, but yeah

EDIT: I just searched for it on Google and the only pictures that came up were of two guys...:blink:

Guess it's not a brand haha

i thought i heard chipboard, which is basically a type of cheap wood, not a brand or anything like that, the way he spoke about it sounded as if it wasn't anything special, but sounds good

I thought it was chipboard at first, but then I heard a "k" sound

I thought it was chipboard at first, but then I heard a "k" sound

hmmk never heard of chipwork before.... maybe everyone should raise some money then buy mika a grand piano of some sort, then we would know what he has :naughty:

mikaathome.jpg

Hope this helps.

OMG, look at those feet in the video! They're huge! What size does he wear??