MIKA in Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum

dcdeb

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MFC members should automatically get front row:mf_rosetinted:

Seriously, his official fan club should get front row seats and that's what I'm hoping for. If they're not going to make MFC an official fan club then they should do something through Mikasounds.

A couple of years ago I bought Barenaked Ladies tickets the second they went on sale and couldn't figure out why I was practically at the back of the auditorium. I found out later it's because 10-year members of their fan club get first refusal on the best tickets.

When they first started a fan club there was an annual fee (and they would get gifts at Christmas such as unique recordings, t-shirts, etc.). Once the internet became overwhelmingly popular, they stopped charging a fee because so many people wanted to join the online fan club.

It wasn't fair that fans who'd just signed up for the fanclub when it was free were granted the same privileges as people who'd been paying a fee for many years, so they set up a tier system. Depending on when you joined, you're assigned to a tier and the people in the top tier get first refusal on the best tickets, the 2nd tier get second refusal, etc. Even if you're in the bottom tier you'll get better tickets than the general public.

There's no need for Mika's system to be so complicated because we're all in the same boat here, having become fans in the past year. But he should definitely be stocking the front row with fans, not just to reward us, but because it creates a better energy for the concert to have die-hard fans in the front rows instead of some friend of a friend of someone who works at his record company or promoter.

All they have to do is send fans a unique presale code for a pool of tickets only we can access before they are released for other presales or to the general public.

Seriously, his official fan club should get front row seats and that's what I'm hoping for. If they're not going to make MFC an official fan club then they should do something through Mikasounds.

All they have to do is send fans a unique presale code for a pool of tickets only we can access before they are released for other presales or to the general public.

I'd really like to send Mika's management/record label, an e-mail or a letter about this...we haven't heard of any developments yet regarding our "Official" status.

I'd really like to send Mika's management/record label, an e-mail or a letter about this...we haven't heard of any developments yet regarding our "Official" status.

Yeah I think once he goes on break to make the album we should start hounding them. I'd like to see them sort it out before he plans another N. American tour because chances are all the dates in Canada will be at seated venues next time around, especially if this album does well on radio.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

The Orpheum has FINALLY updated their own website with MIKA's concert!

POP SENSATION!

:) I had to remind them to do it!

Suzanne

now....how does Cactus Club sound like for the meet up before?

it might be the easiest!!!!

I will have gift bags in hand for all of you!:):wub2: :wub2:

Cactus Club sounds perrfect!

Suzanne, you're such a sweetie. :wub2:

is 4:30pm too late??? or maybe earlier ?? I am running on a very tight schedule...........

trains and buses and things...we have assigned seating so its not like we have to line up extra early

I am sort of paranoid about Seattle, because I can't get into town any sooner than 4:30 pm! I can get in the line at around 5:15 the soonest! argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have no choice........

Vancouver, on the other hand....I can be at the train station by 2:30 and all ready to rock by 4:00pm!!! its all so tight ,,,but no choice!!!! No one can miss me tho with massive banner and voice and me and all! I DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING..BUT RUNNING ON TIGHT SCHEDULE......MEHHHHH

I know :) it kind of sucks....

we can photo as much as we can before and after tho!:)

I don't know how I missed this one before, but all of the ticketmaster tickets say no camera/video!! but most venues still allow them anyway. I always bring my cam and have never been told to put it away, most just don't like the video cameras there!!

its in Yaletown, a district of Vancouver not far from the Orpheum!

its a really funky region!

I am thinking around 4:00pm for supper. 4-5ish but we can decide what is best!

here is the map!

and details. I will phone ahead:)

http://www.cactusclubcafe.com/locations/bc/vancouver/yaletown

its in Yaletown, a district of Vancouver not far from the Orpheum!

its a really funky region!

I am thinking around 4:00pm for supper. 4-5ish but we can decide what is best!

here is the map!

and details. I will phone ahead:)

http://www.cactusclubcafe.com/locations/bc/vancouver/yaletown

Waaaaaaaahhh! I can't come :tears::crybaby:

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at the gig though!

There is a blues guitarist and singer called Sean Costello.

I had a listen to his music on myspace! Fantastique!!! so if any of you

want something to do that is up beat.the day before the finale..head to the Yale Pub and check this guy out! sort of reminds me of some of the Bluesy music from the Jools Holland show!

http://www.myspace.com/seancostello

website for the Yale: This is where I celebrated my 19th Birthday woow! awesome stuff!

http://theyale.ca/

Thanks for all the updates Suzanne! I am happy that the gig is almost sold out, should be a good vibe.

I also have some things for you guys. I wonder if the number of Yes's are accurate at this stage, I guess I should wait a while before I finish my shopping :):):) I am having such a BLAST!!!!!

Hugs to you all xxxx

Helloooo

I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm really excited that I'm going to the concert too!!! Valentines day will be sooo much more exciting this year cuz I'll have Mika to look forward to the day after!!!

I just had a question: are they expecting us to stay in our seats? I don't know why a Mika concert is taking place in the Orpheum...