Pop around the Clock with Mika!

Petra

Pop around the Clock - Silvester 2007/2008

Musik Non Stop - 24 Stunden - 29 Konzerte

Am 31. Dezember 2007 präsentiert 3sat ab

7.00 Uhr zum sechsten Mal seinen 24-Stunden Thementag „Pop around the clock“. Zu hören und zu sehen sind die Top-Bands und angesagtesten Solokünstler der internationalen populären Musikszene mit ihren großen Hits.

Höhepunkte der diesjährigen 24-Stunden Rock-Pop-Party bei 3sat sind die Show von Madonna im Rahmen ihrer Confessions Tour 2006, der Mitschnitt des Genesis-Konzerts in Rom vom Sommer dieses Jahres und die aktuellen Konzerte von Lionel Richie in Paris, Herbert Grönemeyer in Köln und PUR in Gelsenkirchen. Ein Leckerbissen für alle Bob Dylan Fans ist ein 60minütiger Konzertmitschnitt mit Auftritten des Rock- und Folkpoeten im Rahmen des Newport Festivals zwischen 1963 und 1965. Weitere legendäre Konzerte im Rahmen des 3sat Thementags sind der Auftritt von Queen aus dem Jahr 1986 im Wembley Stadium und das Konzert von Tina Turner aus dem Jahr 1996 in Amsterdam mit ihren großen Songs.

Für gute Stimmung zum Jahresausklang sorgen darüber hinaus: Mike & The Mechanics, Die Toten Hosen, Katie Melua, Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, David Gilmour, George Michael, Yusuf Islam, Rodger Hodgson, Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue, Westernhagen, Rosenstolz, Pink, Pet Shop Boys, Amy Winehouse und Mika, die in 45- bis 60-minütigen Konzertmitschnitten auftreten.

http://www.3sat.de/3sat.php?http://www.3sat.de/musik/116329/index.html

It's late, so I'll just sum it up:

every year 3sat shows 24 hours of music on sylvester/new year. it starts at 7AM on the 31st and ends 24 hours later (so Pop around the Clock). this years there'll be 29 concerts (each between 45 to 60min) and Mika will be part of it! :yay:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be a recording of a concert because Mika is due to appear on live TV on New Year's Eve in Britain (Jools Holland's Hootenanny show). Virus permitting, of course:naughty:

perhaps the DVD? That's all good.

My DVD is making a lot of extra hours. There will be coming steam or smoke out of it after december 31th...:naughty:

Pop around the Clock - Silvester 2007/2008

Musik Non Stop - 24 Stunden - 29 Konzerte

Am 31. Dezember 2007 präsentiert 3sat ab

7.00 Uhr zum sechsten Mal seinen 24-Stunden Thementag „Pop around the clock“. Zu hören und zu sehen sind die Top-Bands und angesagtesten Solokünstler der internationalen populären Musikszene mit ihren großen Hits.

Höhepunkte der diesjährigen 24-Stunden Rock-Pop-Party bei 3sat sind die Show von Madonna im Rahmen ihrer Confessions Tour 2006, der Mitschnitt des Genesis-Konzerts in Rom vom Sommer dieses Jahres und die aktuellen Konzerte von Lionel Richie in Paris, Herbert Grönemeyer in Köln und PUR in Gelsenkirchen. Ein Leckerbissen für alle Bob Dylan Fans ist ein 60minütiger Konzertmitschnitt mit Auftritten des Rock- und Folkpoeten im Rahmen des Newport Festivals zwischen 1963 und 1965. Weitere legendäre Konzerte im Rahmen des 3sat Thementags sind der Auftritt von Queen aus dem Jahr 1986 im Wembley Stadium und das Konzert von Tina Turner aus dem Jahr 1996 in Amsterdam mit ihren großen Songs.

Für gute Stimmung zum Jahresausklang sorgen darüber hinaus: Mike & The Mechanics, Die Toten Hosen, Katie Melua, Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, David Gilmour, George Michael, Yusuf Islam, Rodger Hodgson, Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue, Westernhagen, Rosenstolz, Pink, Pet Shop Boys, Amy Winehouse und Mika, die in 45- bis 60-minütigen Konzertmitschnitten auftreten.

http://www.3sat.de/3sat.php?http://www.3sat.de/musik/116329/index.html

It's late, so I'll just sum it up:

every year 3sat shows 24 hours of music on sylvester/new year. it starts at 7AM on the 31st and ends 24 hours later (so Pop around the Clock). this years there'll be 29 concerts (each between 45 to 60min) and Mika will be part of it! :yay:

Yay! Mika will be on at 6:30 AM

Right time!!! Right after stumbling in from the New Year's eve Party! :das:

Looking forwards to it!!!

We all don't know yet which concert it will be....probably the Koko one...we'll find out sooner or later...

Yay! Mika will be on at 6:30 AM

Right time!!! Right after stumbling in from the New Year's eve Party! :das:

Looking forwards to it!!!

We all don't know yet which concert it will be....probably the Koko one...we'll find out sooner or later...

OMG, the Koko?! If it will be the Koko gig there can impossibly be a better start of the New Year for me!!!

*Hugs Petra and mariposa and squeezes them very tight*

OMG, the Koko?! If it will be the Koko gig there can impossibly be a better start of the New Year for me!!!

*Hugs Petra and mariposa and squeezes them very tight*

3sat forever!!!!

I'm not sure about the Koko thingie...just a guess...

since it has been shown for so many times...

but yay, I love the pop around the clock thing as well!!!

It must be a recording of a concert because Mika is due to appear on live TV on New Year's Eve in Britain (Jools Holland's Hootenanny show). Virus permitting, of course:naughty:

perhaps the DVD? That's all good.

I didn't know that!!!! :shocked:

I was just watching the You Tube stuff from Austria today thinking that although we all think he'll be able to rest I bet all the TV shows (here and in Europe) will want him on over Christmas and New Year so I think he'll be kept quite busy.

I was just watching the You Tube stuff from Austria today thinking that although we all think he'll be able to rest I bet all the TV shows (here and in Europe) will want him on over Christmas and New Year so I think he'll be kept quite busy.

Well that's exactly what I'm afraid of as well.

Sound's good, but I..have to go to the bathroom now...sorry, just thinking out loud:)

Jools Holland Show??? Cool, what channel is that on?

heres something about it

Jools' Annual Hootenanny 2007

Entertainment BBC TWO

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008 with a star-studded Hootenanny

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008

with a star-studded Hootenanny

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008 with his 15th annual Hootenanny, featuring a host of stars and acts that have made their mark on the musical landscape of 2007.

Joining Jools's Rhythm & Blues Orchestra are some very special guests.

Sixties soul icon Eddie Floyd is on hand to perform classics such as Knock On Wood; Mika, whose album, Life In Cartoon Motion, has helped him become one of the biggest new acts of 2007, performs his chart-topping Grace Kelly; Robbie Coltrane pops in to become Frank Sinatra for the evening; and also helping get the party started is Kylie Minogue, who returns after a tough period to celebrate 20 years in pop and the release of her 10th album, X.

Also, Kaiser Chiefs perform tracks from their No. 1 album, Yours Truly, Angry Mob, including smash hit Ruby; British pop icons Madness dip into their 25-plus years of hits for a classic or two; and returning, following a chart-topping triumph after her Later debut earlier this year, is Kate Nash, whose hit, Foundations, from the album Made Of Bricks, became this summer's soundtrack. The show also features the Pipes And Drums of the First Battalion of the Scots Guards.

The Hootenanny is an idealised New Year's Eve party with a line-up that would surely be impossible to deliver on 31 December. The stellar cast and audience are, therefore, assembled to record the show in mid-December. The show is recorded "as live", with a midnight countdown led by Jools.

heres something about it

Jools' Annual Hootenanny 2007

Entertainment BBC TWO

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008 with a star-studded Hootenanny

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008

with a star-studded Hootenanny

Jools Holland welcomes in 2008 with his 15th annual Hootenanny, featuring a host of stars and acts that have made their mark on the musical landscape of 2007.

Joining Jools's Rhythm & Blues Orchestra are some very special guests.

Sixties soul icon Eddie Floyd is on hand to perform classics such as Knock On Wood; Mika, whose album, Life In Cartoon Motion, has helped him become one of the biggest new acts of 2007, performs his chart-topping Grace Kelly; Robbie Coltrane pops in to become Frank Sinatra for the evening; and also helping get the party started is Kylie Minogue, who returns after a tough period to celebrate 20 years in pop and the release of her 10th album, X.

Also, Kaiser Chiefs perform tracks from their No. 1 album, Yours Truly, Angry Mob, including smash hit Ruby; British pop icons Madness dip into their 25-plus years of hits for a classic or two; and returning, following a chart-topping triumph after her Later debut earlier this year, is Kate Nash, whose hit, Foundations, from the album Made Of Bricks, became this summer's soundtrack. The show also features the Pipes And Drums of the First Battalion of the Scots Guards.

The Hootenanny is an idealised New Year's Eve party with a line-up that would surely be impossible to deliver on 31 December. The stellar cast and audience are, therefore, assembled to record the show in mid-December. The show is recorded "as live", with a midnight countdown led by Jools.

thanx 4 postin:thumb_yello:

That would make sense that MIKA prerecords it. The Wetten Das interview said he would have several TV shows with Kylie this week, so this must be one of them!

I want Martin to appear on the show too! Where's Martin???