The Fashion thread.

femifrosk

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this thread topic! :thumb_yello:

I'm more into classic pieces than trendy. So that means I don't mind spending just a little more on clothes that can be worn for years, have great quality, very little pattern and not dated looking. Ultimately, this means a trade-off of buying fewer pieces that are a little more expensive, rather than having a ton of clothes that are cheap (in every way).

I am all for the little details. Not just in the piece itself (the buttons, the lining, the stitching, etc) but the overall look (the accessories, shoes, makeup).

On the other hand, being too overly trendy often means you make such an impact with your outfit that its difficult to wear it too many times as people will remember when you've worn it before.

But don't get me wrong - trendy pieces can be really fun, and I like to splurge once in awhile, if its a certain event that requires a certain theme (a concert, a party, etc) - but even then, I pride myself in finding trendy clothes that are still good quality without the expensive price tag. Believe it or not, I seem to have had good luck with my local grocery store that sells an exclusive clothing line for the whole family. Yeah - a grocery store! The line is called "Joe". http://www.superstore.ca/ontario/joefreshstyle.aspx

I'm not really big on labels, but if I had to choose where I seem to find things conveniently, I would have to say that at the moment, it would have to be at: The Gap, Banana Republic, and Club Monaco.

I think fashion is great, but it's more about style and being successful at finding pieces that compliment your body, your personality, and your budget.

My biggest pet peeve in fashion at the moment, is the Coach bag/purse.

There's nothing wrong with Coach the label, itself. It's how its become so trendy that too many women are donning these purses just because it's the "in" thing. It's not cheap either, and its kind of sad to think that people feel pressure to spend money on a label when their lifestyle really can't afford it.:thumbdown:

hello...?..

has anyone heard of a store named DELIA's , went there a few days ago and they have some cool tees and colored jeans !

here is one shirt I bought..

item-large-image.jsp?itemKey=154156&color=GRN

here is another..

item-large-image.jsp?itemKey=154359&color=LTB

and the red style of these colored jeans!

item-large-image.jsp?itemKey=154241&color=PUR

sorry thought those would come up as pictures..

hello...?..

has anyone heard of a store named DELIA's , went there a few days ago and they have some cool tees and colored jeans !

here is another..

Oh those are nice! I love delias, your lucky!!

hello...?..

here is another..

is delias an american store b/c i've never heard of it and it seems like really cool things!!!!!! love that second shirt by the way and really love those pants!!!

is delias an american store b/c i've never heard of it and it seems like really cool things!!!!!! love that second shirt by the way and really love those pants!!!

yes this store is in US , do you live outside of us?

I really like this thread topic! :thumb_yello:

I'm more into classic pieces than trendy. So that means I don't mind spending just a little more on clothes that can be worn for years, have great quality, very little pattern and not dated looking. Ultimately, this means a trade-off of buying fewer pieces that are a little more expensive, rather than having a ton of clothes that are cheap (in every way).

I am all for the little details. Not just in the piece itself (the buttons, the lining, the stitching, etc) but the overall look (the accessories, shoes, makeup).

On the other hand, being too overly trendy often means you make such an impact with your outfit that its difficult to wear it too many times as people will remember when you've worn it before.

But don't get me wrong - trendy pieces can be really fun, and I like to splurge once in awhile, if its a certain event that requires a certain theme (a concert, a party, etc) - but even then, I pride myself in finding trendy clothes that are still good quality without the expensive price tag. Believe it or not, I seem to have had good luck with my local grocery store that sells an exclusive clothing line for the whole family. Yeah - a grocery store! The line is called "Joe". http://www.superstore.ca/ontario/joefreshstyle.aspx

I'm not really big on labels, but if I had to choose where I seem to find things conveniently, I would have to say that at the moment, it would have to be at: The Gap, Banana Republic, and Club Monaco.

I think fashion is great, but it's more about style and being successful at finding pieces that compliment your body, your personality, and your budget.

My biggest pet peeve in fashion at the moment, is the Coach bag/purse.

There's nothing wrong with Coach the label, itself. It's how its become so trendy that too many women are donning these purses just because it's the "in" thing. It's not cheap either, and its kind of sad to think that people feel pressure to spend money on a label when their lifestyle really can't afford it.:thumbdown:

I like you :naughty:

my mom has a leather coach purse and i asked her why she got leather instead of the famous design we all know and she doesnt understand it either. Like, everyone has it and it's been sucha target for knock=offs.

http://www.threadless.com has a bunch of amazing shirts. Many of them are extremely mika-ish if you like that:thumb_yello:

Yeah they have amazing stuff.

I love the one with the girl shooting herself through the head and butterflies coming out (it's less gory than it sounds).

I bought these Underground shoes today (sorry for the crappy pic):

u4hc.jpg

They're so lovely and wrong. :naughty: