LICM Fan CD

Ioana

nah just recoding it from the computer. I just tried to do it again, and it didn't work but this time I didn't use music, should I make a video of what I'm doing??

Do you mean so that we can see what you're doing and offer advice?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiff, these were great! But for some reason sitm didn't finish properly for me?? Did you record the whole song?

It didn't?! ... Then I uploaded the wrong one :P The first time I recorded it my laptop suddenly shut down so it stopped recording and saved what I already had ... I'll upload the right one later :P

and thanks! ^^

It didn't?! ... Then I uploaded the wrong one :P The first time I recorded it my laptop suddenly shut down so it stopped recording and saved what I already had ... I'll upload the right one later :P

and thanks! ^^

Aha! That would make sense.

OK. Watched what you did. Silly me, forgot to say you need to export it as an mp3. It will then tell you that it will mix all the tracks down to a single mono channel. That will stop them all from being separate bits!

Yes thanks!! Do you know how to convert them?

Yes thanks!! Do you know how to convert them?

In Audacity, if you click on File, in the drop down menu where it has Save Project As, if you look below that it has four different Export options. The first one is to export as a wav, second one of which is to export as an mp3. So you don't have to do any converting on another site, you do it all in Audacity! You must have your project open though of course.

In Audacity, if you click on File, in the drop down menu where it has Save Project As, if you look below that it has four different Export options. The first one is to export as a wav, second one of which is to export as an mp3. So you don't have to do any converting on another site, you do it all in Audacity! You must have your project open though of course.

Thanks a lot!!! I have a horrible voice!! Not like yours..hehe. I loved your songs!!!

Thanks a lot!!! I have a horrible voice!! Not like yours..hehe. I loved your songs!!!

Well, thankyou. And don't you worry about your voice being horrible, it's probably not at all. We're all a lot harder on ourselves than everyone else is. And if people have criticism to give it's always constructive. But generally there is someone who likes each person's voice cos we all have different tastes. I mean, my husband likes Nick Cave. As far as I'm concerned the man can't sing, but that hasn't stopped him making records and it hasn't stopped people like my husband being a fan!

Well, thankyou. And don't you worry about your voice being horrible, it's probably not at all. We're all a lot harder on ourselves than everyone else is. And if people have criticism to give it's always constructive. But generally there is someone who likes each person's voice cos we all have different tastes. I mean, my husband likes Nick Cave. As far as I'm concerned the man can't sing, but that hasn't stopped him making records and it hasn't stopped people like my husband being a fan!

Yeah, Oh no!!! It's not working now!!! I went to convert it but there is only one option, no mp3!!! :(

Yeah, Oh no!!! It's not working now!!! I went to convert it but there is only one option, no mp3!!! :(

Well, that's strange. I wonder if there is an issue with you recording the actual music first and singing over it. I'm gonna have a play doing it that way....

sadly the download link doesn't work for me.

doesn't work for me either ...:(

That's weird. I'll try it again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cnrfvmmzltb

EDIT: This link still doesn't work, I'll try and re-upload it.

I record it first then sing it.

How do you record the music? Do you you "What u hear" or something else? This is one of the reasons I don't use music.... too complicated!

Is it to late for me to join this project?

Well, it's Ioana's call, but I don't think you'd be too late to join:thumb_yello:

Ok, trying again with a new link to the song...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymyhmsmqm2

And I'm not trying anything fancy like trying to make the link say the song's name, in case it's me that stuffs it up! This should be The Only Lonely One.

Bugger!! It's not working. It must be a corrupt file or something. Looks like I'm gonna have to redo it anyway!

Ioana, can you put my Holy Johnny link on the front page please? Don't bother with the Big Girl one, I'm not so keen on it.

Did you see this msg Ioana? Wasn't sure if it got missed at the bottom of a page... Thanks:thumb_yello: