• I like it
    • I don't like it

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ops! I dunno how to make a poll:bleh:

FREEEEEEEEDDDIIIIIIIII HELP ME INSTEAD OF CHATTIN' BOUT YOUR SEXUALITY!!!!!!!!!!:roftl:

edit: ok now maybe it works..I forgot the 3d option..personally I like the work of the band but Mika's voice was a bit too..weak {runs to hide in a bunker}

I liked it, but I also like the song in general, so I think I'm biased. I agree that it may not have been the best song for his voice, but I think that he pulled it off. It seemed a bit too high, even for his vocal range, and when you sing notes that are higher than normal, your voice tends to weaken some.

I liked it, but I also like the song in general, so I think I'm biased. I agree that it may not have been the best song for his voice, but I think that he pulled it off. It seemed a bit too high, even for his vocal range, and when you sing notes that are higher than normal, your voice tends to weaken some.

:thumb_yello: I don't like so much the mikster's "meow meowing":naughty:

I do like it a lot, and he doesn't have to sing it high, Newton Faulkners version isn't in a high key and is awesome.

I think Mika sings it beautifully, and having the tabla drum in it makes it sound really exotic.

I remember the original song and I enjoy the original, but I also enjoy Mika's version. I happen to like the 'meow meowing' LOL

I loved the music, the drums....the vocals are hard to understand if you don't know the song.

I showed the video to my boyfriend and he said that Mika wrecked it, but I think he is jealous of my love for this god-like man ;)

"I like it" isn't strong enough. I absolutely positively freakin love it. I've played it over and over and over. He could sing anything. Really. :wub2:

Exactly.

His wonderful voice is floating over (not sure about the vocab here) the music like... hm... like cream on a hot chocolate, like a white fluffy cloud over a great meadow, like honey. i can't explain it. he could really sing EVERYTHING. i guess that fact will make me get bankrupt one day :naughty:

(nice poll btw. i like it!)

I had never heard this song before Mika covered it on the Live Lounge, and

tbh, the first time I heard it, I wasn't all that crazy about it.

But do you know that it's been stuck in my head ever since? So I've gone back

and relistened to it many times, and I really do like it now... I like the

intimate sound of it, not overproduced, for one thing. Has an almost

dreamy quality to it. I think it does suit his voice -- And I love the tabla. :)

Is that enough of an explanation? Or do I need to write more? :wink2:

dcdeb

PS... I think I can edit the poll for you if you want to add an option... I think...

I LOVE it!:wub2:

Teardrop has always been one of my favourite songs and when I was listening to the Live Lounge on the radio I heard the first notes and I was almost screaming:blush-anim-cl: Mika's version of this song is very different, but close to the original at the same time, that's what I appreciate: it hasn't lost its original mood while having a new "taste", if you know what I mean.

Plus let me say that, the girl at the tabla, Mikey and Martin were damn excellent.

I'd heard and liked the song before Mika did it but I wasn't over familiar with it. I was pretty surprised that he chose it and wasn't sure if or how it was going to work but it did and I loved it! The more I listen to it the more I like it. :thumb_yello:

His wonderful voice is floating over (not sure about the vocab here) the music like... hm... like cream on a hot chocolate, like a white fluffy cloud over a great meadow, like honey. i

That's exactly it!

Copy the song to your iPod or MP3 player, turn off all the lights and listen to it in bed with the volume cranked way up. It's haunting.

yeahhhh wat is this "meow meowing" :blink:

nothing, just me copying the provocative witty writings of Jackiexx ..Mika can whispers all the new album..his voice is always amazing:wub2:

btw, I forgot the middle option..I mean, being objective, this time my inner {bastard}critic spirit says "I like more the band rather than the mikster's interpretation...":mf_rosetinted:

I voted I don't like it... Sorry, but I love massive attack, and I loved the song teardrop, and the cover just doesn't work in my opinion... But that's just me...

*waits for all the people to start booing me and hating me and sending me hate-pm's:boxed: *