• 1 month later...

Mika and Queen at the same record company? Sounds good to me...:thumb_yello:

Actually, I think it might have been lack of support from EMI that triggered this. As far as I remember there have been talks about the band leaving EMI for a while... (I can clearly remember posting a funny comment on something similar on the Queen Fanclub 2-3 years ago..:teehee:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I'm here to confess and to introduce me.

I used to be a Queen fan since my 14 - 16 years ago I fell in love with Freddie (now it's more than half of my life).

I met my hubby at a Kiev Queen fan club, he is still a crazy Queen fan. He saw me at first at a concert where I was performing Freddie with a vacuum cleaner.

I became a Mika fan in winter 2007. I was switching music channels and suddenly stopped: a thought about Freddie, like a flash, stroke me: it was the 1 time I saw GK. I shown this video to my hubby at once, and since then he likes Mika too.

But now I can't compare Mika to Freddie anymore. And I have arguments with my husband (http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23452)

he wants more Freddiness, and I say that Mika is to be Mika.

And i came to MFC because I realized, that I can't perceive Freddie as earlier, I'm a Queen fan now, instead of Freddie fan. Mika took his place. I suspect, some of you will think about this fact as of bad point, but I want to tell the truth.

Now we keep in touch with Queen fans in Kiev - our old friends. Unfortunately, I had no luck to visit Queen concert in Ukraine. But our daughter loves Queen too, we watched the translation together.

So, this is my story.

we will rock you is coming to southampton, which is near me, yippeee cant wait to see it again :) hello QUeeniacs

Hey stranger ! hows it going:biggrin2:

Hi guys!

I'm here to confess and to introduce me.

I used to be a Queen fan since my 14 - 16 years ago I fell in love with Freddie (now it's more than half of my life).

I met my hubby at a Kiev Queen fan club, he is still a crazy Queen fan. He saw me at first at a concert where I was performing Freddie with a vacuum cleaner.

I became a Mika fan in winter 2007. I was switching music channels and suddenly stopped: a thought about Freddie, like a flash, stroke me: it was the 1 time I saw GK. I shown this video to my hubby at once, and since then he likes Mika too.

But now I can't compare Mika to Freddie anymore. And I have arguments with my husband (http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23452)

And i came to MFC because I realized, that I can't perceive Freddie as earlier, I'm a Queen fan now, instead of Freddie fan. Mika took his place. I suspect, some of you will think about this fact as of bad point, but I want to tell the truth.

Now we keep in touch with Queen fans in Kiev - our old friends. Unfortunately, I had no luck to visit Queen concert in Ukraine. But our daughter loves Queen too, we watched the translation together.

So, this is my story.

Well I could see the similarities very much in early 2007 , but not so much these days.We need Mika to be Mika for sure:thumb_yello:

At the Amsterdam gig an MFCer had a crown on and offered it to Mika to wear , Mika took it eventually but said "what would the british press say if i WORE THAT" :roftl::roftl:

Superb

HI Fred, Im ok, drowning in my world of domestician (is that a word??) thiking about coming to eden sessiosn, been talking to vickie, anyone got a spare bed, think i will head over to that thread next.

Hello dreamy Queen - yep lots of similarities, i think id ecided ages ago that they were similar due to their amazing spirit and uniqueness, so they can be the same and unique all at once :biggrin2: welcome :)

HI Fred, Im ok, drowning in my world of domestician (is that a word??) thiking about coming to eden sessiosn, been talking to vickie, anyone got a spare bed, think i will head over to that thread next.

Hello dreamy Queen - yep lots of similarities, i think id ecided ages ago that they were similar due to their amazing spirit and uniqueness, so they can be the same and unique all at once :biggrin2: welcome :)

Awesome!

Cant help on the bed but I have a spare ticket?:thumb_yello:

Come ! would be lovely to meet you after 4 years!:biggrin2:

similar thing happpened to me, actually, except that it was only the song on the radio (via the internet) and GK video was not even out. Besides, I found his myspace and heards bits of Billy Brown, Lollipop and LT.. and I was like :shocked: FM is channeled via this boy (:teehee:)

I don't feel like that any more, though. Mika HAS BECOME Mika

The first album was much more 70s Queen inspired, I have to say, but even if the third album will have similar arrangements on some songs - which I secretly hope - I don't think that I will compare him to Freddie again in the way I used to.:thumb_yello:

similar thing happpened to me, actually, except that it was only the song on the radio (via the internet) and GK video was not even out. Besides, I found his myspace and heards bits of Billy Brown, Lollipop and LT.. and I was like :shocked: FM is channeled via this boy (:teehee:)

The first album was much more 70s Queen inspired, I have to say, but even if the third album will have similar arrangements on some songs - which I secretly hope - I don't think that I will compare him to Freddie again in the way I used to.:thumb_yello:

I agree with that ... :thumb_yello:

<maybe I should change my MFC user title now:teehee:>

Hey stranger ! hows it going:biggrin2:

Well I could see the similarities very much in early 2007 , but not so much these days.We need Mika to be Mika for sure:thumb_yello:

At the Amsterdam gig an MFCer had a crown on and offered it to Mika to wear , Mika took it eventually but said "what would the british press say if i WORE THAT" :roftl::roftl:

Superb

Amazing! Mika is great in finding right words to answer!

unique and alike at the same time... Sounds good!

hi Suzie! I haven't knew you are a Queen fan! Will be great to see you in Baltics gig!

FD do you think Mika was having a go at you then for comparing him to freddie?

Interesting hmmm

Well they both give me goosebumps:wub2::roftl:

Yeh it was bubblepurry .. member here , we were all dressed as Alice in Wonderland characters and he was the King Of Hearts with a crown .. Mika was pretty much saying "what on earth would the British media say if I wore a crown!!"

No he wasnt having a go .. he was just saying .. that could be maddddd .. I mean I can see the headlines now:roftl:

The Sun

Mika takes Freddies crown

i see :doh:

and that was the headline :naughty:

it is hardly true though, they really are very different in what they have done and how they live their lives.

Ive got permission (almost) to go to eden just need a bed

i see :doh:

and that was the headline :naughty:

it is hardly true though, they really are very different in what they have done and how they live their lives.

Ive got permission (almost) to go to eden just need a bed

Superbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Im sure a floor / bed / bath is out there for you!:thumb_yello:

yes getting off topic a bit, love a bit of hammer to fall, in fact i read the tommy knockers by stephen king, when i was about 16 ish just because the lyrics were quoted throughout it:naughty:

ive selpt in worse places:mf_rosetinted:

im not saying i wouldnt :)

I remember when I was a student , I would generally end up some unearthy time in the morning and home was just toooo far away , so we would end up generally talking to some random girl and heading back to her place.

I remember it pishing down and this realllyy good looking girl was like .. yeh yeh come back and she kinda went over to the far side of the bed leaving this hugeee space .. so

Why did I end up in the bath with my best mate and only a pink dress over us to keep us warm :aah::roftl: