Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

Isn't berlusconi in control of all your medias? Becaouse he's the owner? And isn't the situation is the same i russia? It's creepy. Hope they wont start to control the internet also as in china :boxed:..

Media?..pffff...I don't care...It's not only "Berluska"..the fact is that we have the entire political class {one of the most numerous and well paid of the entire world}that forms actually an oligarchy....nobody cares of the nation, all obtain to enrich themselves with all the means{and yeah, mafia is still there..but you almost cant distinguish it from the Government}:cool:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep but we always want to identify ourselfs with others... and most of us in the western world usally cares a lot more about people who are similar to us. I mean, 200 000 civilians have been killed in Darfur, and FN is not getting massive support. If 2000 civilians died in a western country according to war that massive support wouldn't wait. We share our history, and that seem to be more imomportant than equality of lives.

Yeah, I was thinking that. The news wants us to feel even worse about the deaths because they are a part of our "group".

You know how many people don't even know where Darfur is, let alone that there is a huge genocide going on there? I know that kids at my school sold t-shirts that said "Stop Genocide in Darfur" and donated all the proceeds to help out. I mean it's not a lot, but it was something we could do. If everyone would just do a small part, it would make a huge difference collectively. And obviously, the first step is to educate people so that they are aware of what is going on.

Media?..pffff...I don't care...It's not only "Berluska"..the fact is that we have the entire political class {one of the most numerous and well paid of the entire world}that forms actually an oligarchy....nobody cares of the nation, all obtain to enrich themselves with all the means{and yeah, mafia is still there..but you almost cant distinguish it from the Government}:cool:

Oh so Italy is almost a dictature. How nice. Why doesn't EU do something? seems like turkey, that they don't know if they will let in or not, is very much more democratic.

Oh so Italy is almost a dictature. How nice. Why doesn't EU do something? seems like turkey, that they don't know if they will let in or not, is very much more democratic.

ohwait, turkey has the death penality?...the only thing I'm proud of my government these time is the moratorium against legalized murders

ohwait, turkey has the death penality?...the only thing I'm proud of my government these time is the moratorium against legalized murders

I didn't know that.. argh. yes death penalty is unaccepteble. Well no EU :smirk:.

North Korea is even worse. The government weld the radio dials to

the "proper" station, they have no access to normal TV, and there

is a loud speaker telling folk when to get up, and the power etc goes off

when they have to go to bed!!! :boxed:

Wow, I didn't know that. That sounds scarily like George Orwell's "1984" world. :boxed:

I mean, 200 000 civilians have been killed in Darfur, and FN is not getting massive support. If 2000 civilians died in a western country according to war that massive support wouldn't wait. We share our history, and that seem to be more imomportant than equality of lives.

200,000 is the conservative figure, taking into account those who dies of malnutrition and infectious disease takes up the toll to about 400,000... and that figure only includes up to the year 2005, who knows exactly what's it's become in the last 2 years. It's unbelievable. :tears:

Jeez, I didn't know it was that bad in North Korea. I can't imagine living somewhere where the government decides everything for you.

Although the governments of the US and Australia for example don't control our media consumption our media is in itself incredibly biased. Not only along the lines of only broadcasting stories directly related to us (as Wendi pointed out mentioning only the deaths of citizens of our nations) but also the spin and angle that they take on stories. I like to read the news from various countries, especially the Middle East (but since many people can't speak Arabic for example something like Aljazeera International which is based in the Middle East but its programmed for an English-speaking audience is a very good substitute), as you really see the difference in viewpoints, I like to get both sides of the story. There are some more "international" publications such as "The Guardian Weekly", which is a digest of several well-respected newspapers from all over the world and is even endorsed by Nelson Mandela, which are far more well-rounded and objective in my opinion.

You know how many people don't even know where Darfur is, let alone that there is a huge genocide going on there? I know that kids at my school sold t-shirts that said "Stop Genocide in Darfur" and donated all the proceeds to help out. I mean it's not a lot, but it was something we could do. If everyone would just do a small part, it would make a huge difference collectively. And obviously, the first step is to educate people so that they are aware of what is going on.

I completely agree. I'm a fan of grass-roots campaigns, although they are not far-reaching collectively if everyone takes part it can make a measurable difference. I agree that education is the first step and is absolutely key, without knowledge there can be no action.

I'd also like to quote one of my favourite statements made by Margaret Mead, an anthropologist: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead :thumb_yello:

Some people call me naive for believing that I can help change things. I disagree, I call it determination to achieve a goal. :mf_rosetinted:

cant read too tired will post later

but all I will say now is i dont know much about other governments etc but I dislike ours

we have a woman prime minister, who is very disrespectful to even mother queen herself, and our democracy is slowly dwindling, to the point where our democratic government passed a bill, despite the fact that 96% of the country hit the streets in protest against the bill being passed.

I will come back to this when im awake, its tomorrow morning now!

• 1 month later...
BUMP.

Anyone got anything to say about recent issues?

Yes..

I hate how they charge you extra when you ask for more chocolate topping on your Sundae at McDonalds.. :thumbdown:

Other than that...

I'd appreciate if confidentiality was respected at all times..

Yes..

I hate how they charge you extra when you ask for more chocolate topping on your Sundae at McDonalds.. :thumbdown:

Other than that...

That is annoying....it's just a couple teaspoons more.:thumbdown:

Excellent topic, I totally relate.(I think) Define confidentiality in your terms.

Yes..

Other than that...

I know.. 50cs for extra is so overpriced (especially when most people don't put that much extra on anyway)

Its the same with extra m&ms too....

yes, how dare they charge when they throw out sundaes if they made them by mistake.. and don't get me started on M&M's... :sneaky2:

Confidentiality is important to me.

If I were to tell Bec on MSN one day, for example that I had 6 toes and I showed her a photo to prove it. But then we had a fight and she went and told 5 other people and those 5 people told 5 people and so on and so forth.. But I wasn't aware of it. And then everyone thought that I was 6 toed Kelly and built a shrine to worship me, but, remember, I wasn't aware of it so I couldn't reap the rewards.. Amusement parks were built called 6TK, but I never went because they were in Europe, and then McDonalds released the Big Toe burger.. but that left a foul taste in my mouth so I never liked it.. and told people not to eat it..

And then after all that I see Bec one day way into the future and she asks me about my 6 toes and I laugh and say "Oh I photoshopped that!"...

yes, how dare they charge when they throw out sundaes if they made them by mistake.. and don't get me started on M&M's... :sneaky2:

If I were to tell Bec on MSN one day, for example that I had 6 toes and I showed her a photo to prove it. But then we had a fight and she went and told 5 other people and those 5 people told 5 people and so on and so forth.. But I wasn't aware of it. And then everyone thought that I was 6 toed Kelly and built a shrine to worship me, but, remember, I wasn't aware of it so I couldn't reap the rewards.. Amusement parks were built called 6TK, but I never went because they were in Europe, and then McDonalds released the Big Toe burger.. but that left a foul taste in my mouth so I never liked it.. and told people not to eat it..

And then after all that I see Bec one day way into the future and she asks me about my 6 toes and I laugh and say "Oh I photoshopped that!"...

:roftl::lmfao::roftl:

:roftl:

Oh, I was thinking more like, government confidentiality. That's a sensitive issue in the states right now.:thumbdown:

Amusement parks were built called 6TK, but I never went because they were in Europe, and then McDonalds released the Big Toe burger.. but that left a foul taste in my mouth so I never liked it.. and told people not to eat it..

How... DC of you. :lmfao:

Care to elaborate further??

Ever since 9/11 and the anthrax attacks, there's been a huge debate; "Safety versus Privacy".

The government has more rights nowadays to investigate where they think there is cause: airport customs, houses, email, phone convos, etc., and even with lawsuits and protests, there have still been bills submitted to give the gov. even more rights, but it's being contested right now.

hmmmmmm

WEll things here in the U.S are getting heated I suppose politcally...

but for me, I NEED for Barrack to become my president :wink2:

The economy has also been down lately though I havn't kept track of why it happened or what they're doing about it...

No one is paying attention to President Bush lol... we're just ready for him to get out (atleast I am!)

that's the news on the U.S front

There's probably more :)

Ever since 9/11 and the anthrax attacks, there's been a huge debate; "Safety versus Privacy".

The government has more rights nowadays to investigate where they think there is cause: airport customs, houses, email, phone convos, etc., and even with lawsuits and protests, there have still been bills submitted to give the gov. even more rights, but it's being contested right now.

The movie Rendition with Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal

has an interesting take on this subject.:thumb_yello:

Obama isn't really saying anything. He's against gay marriage, but he's talking about getting the gay vote.

If Obama actually HAD a voice, I might actually listen.

Hilary's just not my cup of tea. Nothing personal against her.

I just don't understand why conservatives and republicans are totally forgetting their opinions just because they see a black man and a woman running for president. It's like they'll completely forget what they believe in just so we can have a change in gender or skin color in the White House.

Obama isn't really saying anything. He's against gay marriage, but he's talking about getting the gay vote.

If Obama actually HAD a voice, I might actually listen.

Hilary's just not my cup of tea. Nothing personal against her.

I just don't understand why conservatives and republicans are totally forgetting their opinions just because they see a black man and a woman running for president. It's like they'll completely forget what they believe in just so we can have a change in gender or skin color in the White House.

There aren't any candidates that I like in this next election. I didn't mind Kucinich, but as usual, he didn't last long.

I'll check out Rendition. Thanks for the suggestion, Sienna!:thumb_yello: