The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

Hey another nurse! Well, O.K. I'm not anymore... used to be an R.N. but haven't gone back since having my daughter (who's nearly 3) and don't want to.

Sweet........i have til the end of this year and im done studying wooooot! And then i'll be an RN (heres hoping) :punk:

Oh and just realised they changed the pic again......i liked the other one better.....they shoulda just edited out the money or something...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man, wish i got paid for work experience! We dont get it even if it is over summer :( Im doing nursing at uni and we get stuck doing most of the hard and gross stuff and dont get paid a cent! :boxed:

I don't get paid on any of my other placements for the next two years which sucks since often they're in rural locations so I have to pay for travel in addition to having to stop working my part-time job. :thumbdown: I only get paid on this one because it was voluntary and I applied for it.

Ah I see. Well, all the best with those deferred exams... But $7! Sorry, isn't that below the minimum wage?

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get. :boxed:

I don't get paid on any of my other placements for the next two years which sucks since often they're in rural locations so I have to pay for travel in addition to having to stop working my part-time job. :thumbdown: I only get paid on this one because it was voluntary and I applied for it.

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get. :boxed:

That's gotta suck.....they should at least give some travel allowances......im just glad im in a small enough town that it isnt necessary to do rural placements

Yeah im in Bundaberg (QLD).

Not exactly rural, but not exactly a city either, so im guessing because were not that big is why we dont do rural placements.

oh nice! when me and my bf do lists of places we would like to live when he gets out of the army he says coffs harbour and i say,"id really rather be over the qld border where rego is cheaper" and he says bundaberg

hes from ipswich, we love qld, we miss qld (not ipswich tho)

oh nice! when me and my bf do lists of places we would like to live when he gets out of the army he says coffs harbour and i say,"id really rather be over the qld border where rego is cheaper" and he says bundaberg

hes from ipswich, we love qld, we miss qld (not ipswich tho)

Sweet......yeah i'd recommend Bundy as a place to live. House prices have risen (as has practically everywhere) but compared to down south.....its pretty affordable.....alot of old ppl live here, they retire and move to bundaberg and buy cheaper property.

Oh and did i mention bundy rum is on tap EVERYWHERE here :thumb_yello:

Hi Guys!!

Have prob missed half of you now anyway, but just wanted to pop in a say hi before I disappear again.

Have been so busy doing work stuff the last few days (and trying to have a RL!) but have missed being on here!

I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Darwin, which is always quite nice, but even more so tonight as they gave me an "upgrade" I took this to mean I would get one of the rooms with 2 queen beds in it (makes no difference to me as I am only 1 person and can only sleep in one bed at a time :naughty: ) but when I opened my door up I discovered they had given me like the honeymoon suite :shocked::mf_lustslow: with a massive balcony overlooking Darwin Harbour (and an outdoor spa) a mazzive lounge/entrance, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and then UPSTAIRS is another lounge/office area, king size bedroom, a dressing room bigger than my bedroom at home, massive bathroom with another spa..................... WTF am I supposed to do with all of this??? I am here by myself?????:blink:

It's a really nice thought of them to upgrade me, but all I can think of is next week when we go on our family holiday all 4 of us (and Mum for the first night!) will be squashed into a tiny hotel room :blink:

Now the decision is- indoor or outdoor spa? And if anyone wants to come party with me you are more than welcome to, but I have to check out at 830 in the morning to go to work so you may not make it here in time:naughty:

What do you mean even the Robin Hood season is over now??? Did they show the second season and I've missed it???!!! Bugger!

Oh I don't think it's been on tv here yet, don't worry. It's finished in the Uk, I've been downloading it :bleh:

Hey I didn't know I should be blaming the writer's strike either. Apart from the fact that Heroes isn't on Channel 10, I would have been saying the same thing cos Channel 10 seem to have a talent for stuffing their viewers around. I do think they have the best shows, but they jerk us around and it annoys me. I remember all the times that BB ran overtime into Supernatural time - that used to p!ss me off. And then they seriously mucked around the time of Torchwood.... I've actually stopped watching a lot of shows I used to love, cos I just can't be bothered with Channel 10.

Eurgh, BB sucks, and Channel 10 is the worst for running over time, especially with Big Brother. Ridiculous times, like 20 minutes, etc, I can't stand it.

Yes, in Morocco there are night markets. The atmosphere is amazing, people out shopping late into the night, performers and musicians, food and drink. It's out of this world.

I'm a Pharmacy student so I'll be doing a placement in a hospital. I'll be alternating between working in the dispensary and working on the wards. I even get paid this time around because it's the summer (granted I won't be getting paid much but every cent will count after this trip ).

*Adds Morocco to "Places to visit" list*

I assume everyone else already knows this, but what are you doing in Morocco?

Sounds like fun, and some money is better than none. I'm doing 3 different volunteerings, granted, I haven't been as ... consistent since I handed in my applications :bleh:

there are days where they advertise something after the show has already been on, or they advertise something then put something completely different on, usually the simpsons, i always say "oh channel ten is hitting shuffle again" mind u i still mostly only watch channel ten....big brother was my first obsession!!

Kind of random, but has anyone seen the Lost advert channel 7 has been using that looks like they swiped it off youtube?

Sweet........i have til the end of this year and im done studying wooooot! And then i'll be an RN (heres hoping)

What's this talk of a shortage of RNs in Australia? Every second person seems to be one; my dad, one of my friends (in training), my brother's ex, you guys, etc. lol.

Have been so busy doing work stuff the last few days (and trying to have a RL!) but have missed being on here!

I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Darwin, which is always quite nice, but even more so tonight as they gave me an "upgrade" I took this to mean I would get one of the rooms with 2 queen beds in it (makes no difference to me as I am only 1 person and can only sleep in one bed at a time :naughty: ) but when I opened my door up I discovered they had given me like the honeymoon suite :shocked::mf_lustslow: with a massive balcony overlooking Darwin Harbour (and an outdoor spa) a mazzive lounge/entrance, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and then UPSTAIRS is another lounge/office area, king size bedroom, a dressing room bigger than my bedroom at home, massive bathroom with another spa..................... WTF am I supposed to do with all of this??? I am here by myself?????

It's a really nice thought of them to upgrade me, but all I can think of is next week when we go on our family holiday all 4 of us (and Mum for the first night!) will be squashed into a tiny hotel room

Now the decision is- indoor or outdoor spa? And if anyone wants to come party with me you are more than welcome to, but I have to check out at 830 in the morning to go to work so you may not make it here in time:naughty:

A 'Real Life'? What's that? Never heard of it :bleh:

Waah, that's no fair.

What are you supposed to do?

1. Take off shoes.

2. Turn on Mika (a CD, lol)

3. Run back and forth through all the rooms, jump on beds, etc, etc.

Indoor/outdoor? Why choose, 10 min in one, 10 min in other, repeat.

Hi Guys!!

Have prob missed half of you now anyway, but just wanted to pop in a say hi before I disappear again.

I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Darwin, which is always quite nice, but even more so tonight as they gave me an "upgrade" I took this to mean I would get one of the rooms with 2 queen beds in it (makes no difference to me as I am only 1 person and can only sleep in one bed at a time :naughty: ) but when I opened my door up I discovered they had given me like the honeymoon suite :shocked::mf_lustslow: with a massive balcony overlooking Darwin Harbour (and an outdoor spa) a mazzive lounge/entrance, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and then UPSTAIRS is another lounge/office area, king size bedroom, a dressing room bigger than my bedroom at home, massive bathroom with another spa..................... WTF am I supposed to do with all of this??? I am here by myself?????:blink:

It's a really nice thought of them to upgrade me, but all I can think of is next week when we go on our family holiday all 4 of us (and Mum for the first night!) will be squashed into a tiny hotel room :blink:

Wow! That sounds like an amazing room Jolene. I wish that I was there too. I hope that you enjoy your time there!

By the way, is the coffee shop that you own called 'The Coffee Club'. I know that you've told me before but I seem to have forgotten.. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah im in Bundaberg (QLD).

Not exactly rural, but not exactly a city either, so im guessing because were not that big is why we dont do rural placements.

I trained in Perth, but we never had to do rural placements....

Hi Guys!!

I'll never get to a place like that so enjoy it on my behalf:thumb_yello:

Oh I don't think it's been on tv here yet, don't worry. It's finished in the Uk, I've been downloading it :bleh:

Eurgh, BB sucks, and Channel 10 is the worst for running over time, especially with Big Brother. Ridiculous times, like 20 minutes, etc, I can't stand it.

Sounds like fun, and some money is better than none. I'm doing 3 different volunteerings, granted, I haven't been as ... consistent since I handed in my applications :bleh:

Kind of random, but has anyone seen the Lost advert channel 7 has been using that looks like they swiped it off youtube?

What's this talk of a shortage of RNs in Australia? Every second person seems to be one; my dad, one of my friends (in training), my brother's ex, you guys, etc. lol.

A 'Real Life'? What's that? Never heard of it :bleh:

Waah, that's no fair.

What are you supposed to do?

1. Take off shoes.

2. Turn on Mika (a CD, lol)

3. Run back and forth through all the rooms, jump on beds, etc, etc.

Indoor/outdoor? Why choose, 10 min in one, 10 min in other, repeat.

And then there's R.N.'s like me leaving.... so I think there may be a shortage.

I'm having a holiday here. :original:

What sort of volunteering? I volunteer for several organisations in addition to part-time work so I'm going to have virtually zero free time this summer and any free time I will have I'll be exhausted so I'll probably just laze about at home at my comp.

Wow! That sounds like an amazing room Jolene. I wish that I was there too. I hope that you enjoy your time there!

By the way, is the coffee shop that you own called 'The Coffee Club'. I know that you've told me before but I seem to have forgotten.. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, it is The Coffee club, I however do not own any part of it, am just a poor little slave :naughty:

Wish I did own the franchising part of the business though (that's who I woek for) as the 3 directors just sold half of the company to another company for something like $53m- not bad for 3 guys from Brissie, hey!

Might be back in a little while if I can't sleep (it is nice sitting by the balcony though, but if I don't sleep I will be tired and grumpy in the morning!)

Sweet......yeah i'd recommend Bundy as a place to live. House prices have risen (as has practically everywhere) but compared to down south.....its pretty affordable.....alot of old ppl live here, they retire and move to bundaberg and buy cheaper property.

Oh and did i mention bundy rum is on tap EVERYWHERE here :thumb_yello:

EWWWWWWWW!!!

I hate Bundy rum... got smashed off it once...

And as for shortages of RNs... the same can be said about so called teacher shortages... :sneaky2:

And as for BB... I hate it... the only reality tv I ever watch is Biggest Loser... but if my cousin gets in to BB this year I may watch it...

Gotta get off here and go to bed. night Aussie Mikamites.

Nighty night :original:

I'm having a holiday here. :original:

What sort of volunteering? I volunteer for several organisations in addition to part-time work so I'm going to have virtually zero free time this summer and any free time I will have I'll be exhausted so I'll probably just laze about at home at my comp.

Just in Morocco? Aww, I'm so jealous.

With animals - in a vet, a wildlife rescue and dog shelter. First two I enjoy because their interesting, last one I do because it's the best fun (sad isn't it?). (And I do them also for my vet school app. lol)

And as for BB... I hate it... the only reality tv I ever watch is Biggest Loser... but if my cousin gets in to BB this year I may watch it...

Big brother is just some sad people hanging around in a house, I don't understand why it exists ... I can hang around in my own house thanks, don't need to watch other people doing it. A friend's brother's friend was on BB once ... still wasn't interesting.

But, yeah, I also watch biggest loser, didn't get too into the american season just finished though, only saw a few episodes.

I also watch Kid Nation, because they are just adorable. Did anyone see the 9 year old who left because he missed his girlfriend? It was soo cute. :original:

Nighty night :original:

Just in Morocco? Aww, I'm so jealous.

With animals - in a vet, a wildlife rescue and dog shelter. First two I enjoy because their interesting, last one I do because it's the best fun (sad isn't it?). (And I do them also for my vet school app. lol)

Big brother is just some sad people hanging around in a house, I don't understand why it exists ... I can hang around in my own house thanks, don't need to watch other people doing it. A friend's brother's friend was on BB once ... still wasn't interesting.

But, yeah, I also watch biggest loser, didn't get too into the american season just finished though, only saw a few episodes.

I also watch Kid Nation, because they are just adorable. Did anyone see the 9 year old who left because he missed his girlfriend? It was soo cute. :original:

Nahh... gotta support the younger cousin...

I agree about the US Biggest Loser... but watched the finale...

Totally missed Kid Nation...

Oh, you know what some of us are doing? We're posting messages on Mika's MySpace saying how upset we were about him cancelling V Festival... :naughty:

Yeah, it is The Coffee club, I however do not own any part of it, am just a poor little slave :naughty:

Wish I did own the franchising part of the business though (that's who I woek for) as the 3 directors just sold half of the company to another company for something like $53m- not bad for 3 guys from Brissie, hey!

Might be back in a little while if I can't sleep (it is nice sitting by the balcony though, but if I don't sleep I will be tired and grumpy in the morning!)

Okay. I thought it was. When I was in Canberra I went shopping and I walked past The Coffee Club four times! I couldn't stop thinking about it and whether or not it was the one that you worked for! :naughty:

Hehe, I saw the ad for that. It was very cute!

Hehehehe just reading all your posts on Mika's myspace.....i'd laugh if he actually read them all......

Maybe if we all kick up a big stink he might reconsider :wub2:

I wish!!!

You should join us.

And I watch the biggest loser finales, but never anything else, I like the before and afters.

Anyways, randomnly, typing with a bandage.... never fun :naughty:

Hehehehe just reading all your posts on Mika's myspace.....i'd laugh if he actually read them all......

Maybe if we all kick up a big stink he might reconsider :wub2:

I wish!!!

Oooh yay!!! I'd laugh too... I reckon if he does respond then we should post it on here...

You never know... he seems to listen to fans (occasionally)