Books You Have Read in 2008

Aaurora

I thought it would be fun to post a list of all the books you complete reading throughout the year!

I love reading and usually get through a few books a month. Sometimes a lot quicker if I stay away from these forums!

So far, I haven't read many

9781741665666.jpgThe Cleaner by Paul Cleave - brilliant book about a very lovable and funny serial killer. Very humourous, had me laughing out loud which I never do whilst reading. Loved it!

51ZGEVFN54L._AA240_.jpgThe Contortionist's Handbook by Craig Clevenger - strange genre but extremely well written. About a man who changes his identity on a regular basis and explains how he does it. Weird ending.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I have nearly finished The Shinning. I have never seen the film and my sister was having a clear out of her old Stephen King books LOL (please don't spoil it for me:naughty:)

I normally get through a book every couple of weeks but this has taken me ages. I have also read Russell Brands My Booky Wook which is quite revealing but slightly off putting LOL:naughty:

Oh I have nearly finished The Shinning. I have never seen the film and my sister was having a clear out of her old Stephen King books LOL (please don't spoil it for me:naughty:)

I normally get through a book every couple of weeks but this has taken me ages. I have also read Russell Brands My Booky Wook which is quite revealing but slightly off putting LOL:naughty:

I read 2-3 books a day lol

Im flicking through Russel Brand's though - i read a random page here, a random paragraph there - its vaguely amusing, but is it worth reading cover to cover?

I read 2-3 books a day lol

Im flicking through Russel Brand's though - i read a random page here, a random paragraph there - its vaguely amusing, but is it worth reading cover to cover?

Do you work? I read a book or two a week if they are easy ones like thrillers. More heavy duty stuff like classics ie Dickens or Eliot or history books or biogs take me longer.

If I read more and spent the same time on the computer as I do, I wouldn't have time to work!

I am only on my second book of the year so far, though.

OMG. There's only been 1 week this year. :shocked: I couldn't have possibly finished reading one book yet. Especially when it seems half my time is spent here. But the last book I read (latter part of 2007, recommended by Sari) was Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. I highly recommend it too.

:thumb_yello:

250px-Middlesex_novel.jpg

Well I haven't read any books yet this year.

I started Gone With the Wind last year and just finished it.

middlegone%20with%20the%20wind.jpg

It was so good..read it if you haven't.

Now I'm reading The Great Gatsby for school.

That's a big old book! (Gone with the Wind) I have only read it once, when I was about 16.

I just watched the movie a few days ago. The book was so much better.

I often find that, books fire your imagination so much more, films just hand it to you on a plate, I'm not much of a film person myself.

Now I am going to read my book too, it's called Panic or something and it's about lots of killings and CIA and spies and things :naughty: I read thrillers like some people read comics.

I often find that, books fire your imagination so much more, films just hand it to you on a plate, I'm not much of a film person myself.

Now I am going to read my book too, it's called Panic or something and it's about lots of killings and CIA and spies and things :naughty: I read thrillers like some people read comics.

I love thrillers! That one sounds good.. I should read it.

i finished reading the subtle knife by philip pullman and jus on his third book the amber spyglass. they are all very good!

Oooooooh :D they are indescribable. fantastic. I must read them in english...

I'm currently reading: Why is it allways about you? Saving yourself from the narcissists in your life - Sandy Hotchkiss: It's interesting. I've got people kind of close to me that seem to be narcissists. and I think I've got some traits that may be considered as narcissitic. uhu.

and Around the world in 80 days - julius verne. A lot of words that are hard to understund in it... good for me I guess.

Those two books will be finished in a month or so :(... I haven't got the time to read a lot.