Books You Have Read in 2008

Aaurora

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just finished last month with the sequel .la bicyclette blue.

you guys read so quickly!!

i'm really surprised and angry cause i went to all libraries in london to look for the book. nights at the circus. and it was sold out!!, can you imagine?!, what is it made of?:shocked::thumbdown:

I'm currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan.

have you seen the movie ? Kiera Knightly really makes me sick :thumbdown:

i've read the second chapter of the picture of dorian gray in 2008

the first chapter of the picture of dorian gray in 2007

the first and second chapter of brideshead revisited in 2007

and lots of colourful fashion magazines, does it count ? :doh:

:thumb_yello: to the peeps who put the picture of the book! 3 pages already - the MFC is an intelligent bunch :naughty:

I read 2-3 books a day lol

oh my goodness! I normally do one a week, but 2 to 3 a day!! I would have to take the books to work to read at my desk LOL (I have done that before :roftl: )

Yes, I have seen the movie. I liked it, although Kiera Knightley is just about my least fave actress.

She doesn't rate too highly on these forums! I find her expressions amusing - and how she only ever has one mouth shape, 'pouted lips, parted slightly' LOL

Yes, I have seen the movie. I liked it, although Kiera Knightley is just about my least fave actress.

Yeah I enjoyed the film and will hopefuly read the book after my current book but I do not like Keira Knightley, there is jus something about her!!!

Well I haven't read any books yet this year.

I started Gone With the Wind last year and just finished it.

middlegone%20with%20the%20wind.jpg

It was so good..read it if you haven't.

Now I'm reading The Great Gatsby for school.

Could you tell me what Gone With the Wind is about? I'm considering reading it:wub2:

I'm in the middle of 'The Secret Life of Bees'

Could you tell me what Gone With the Wind is about? I'm considering reading it:wub2:

I'm in the middle of 'The Secret Life of Bees'

Here's something I found.

The epic tale of a woman's life during one of the most tumultuous periods in America's history. From her young, innocent days on a feudalistic plantation to the war-torn streets of Atlanta; from her first love whom she has always desired to three husbands; from the utmost luxury to absolute starvation and poverty; from her innocence to her understanding and comprehension of life

I probably just like it so much because it's set in Georgia and that's where I live.

Wow, this is crazy. It's only been 2008 for a week! Lol.

You really wanna know what I'm reading?

I'm going back through Harry Potter (again). Finished #6 a few days ago, and stuck in #7 at the moment.

Everyone else appears so much more .. intelligent :bleh:

You want pictures? lol.

hp6vq6.jpghp7om4.jpg

lol. :original:

NOR36.jpg

That I had to read for school. Can't say I really liked it, I even skipped some pages. It wasn't horrible though. :naughty:

remarqiq3.jpg

This book I also had to read for school, but it was much more interesting. I would read it again. :thumb_yello:

3353238m.jpg

I read My Booky Wook last year, but at the end of the year, so I just wanted to mention that. *drools all over the place* :wub2: I loved it.

I've only read two hole books yet:

551L.jpg

and anotherone named "Liljecronas hem" (loved the last one) both by Selma Lagerlöf.

I've also started reading "Kaos" and "Gäst hos verkligheten" by Per Lagerkvist but not been able to finish anyone of them cuz I get all confused. :blink:

Sorry, I didn't found the names of these books in english.

I need to read a book by an nobel prize winner soon. Any good recommendations?

Oooooooh :D they are indescribable. fantastic. I must read them in english...

I'm currently reading: Why is it allways about you? Saving yourself from the narcissists in your life - Sandy Hotchkiss: It's interesting. I've got people kind of close to me that seem to be narcissists. and I think I've got some traits that may be considered as narcissitic. uhu.

and Around the world in 80 days - julius verne. A lot of words that are hard to understund in it... good for me I guess.

Those two books will be finished in a month or so :(... I haven't got the time to read a lot.

ahah, a book about narcisism!..everytime I read psychological stuff like that I convince myself to be surrounded by idiots..it's not good!:D

I was obsessed with Julius!:wub2: his adventure books are so futuristic for the time he wrote them!

ahah, a book about narcisism!..everytime I read psychological stuff like that I convince myself to be surrounded by idiots..it's not good!:D

I was obsessed with Julius!:wub2: his adventure books are so futuristic for the time he wrote them!

Oooh yeah I know! all people just seem to be nuts. hahaha. And really, they are never giving you an easy way to categorize people. You are bound to be suspisous about everything. It's kind of hard not beeing a proffesional! how should I know what depends on normal persinality compared to "a very big shame that is first known in age 1-3"?! hehe.

I've only read four chapters in around the world :(... I'm currently (also) reading the wall (le mur) by jean paul sartre, also, and I must finish it first. I'm re-reading it for a school project. but I've only got like 40 pages left :). soon verne again!

I've only read two hole books yet:

551L.jpg

and anotherone named "Liljecronas hem" (loved the last one) both by Selma Lagerlöf.

I've also started reading "Kaos" and "Gäst hos verkligheten" by Per Lagerkvist but not been able to finish anyone of them cuz I get all confused. :blink:

Sorry, I didn't found the names of these books in english.

I need to read a book by an nobel prize winner soon. Any good recommendations?

Jag har läst "gäst hos verkligheten". Den är liksom väldigt intellektuell och dessutom gammal, så den är svår att förstå. Läste ett utdrag ur sartres "varat och intet" nu till mitt filosofiprojekt, och det är lite samma kaliber på dem. Man använde ju en helt annan begreppsvärld på den tiden och det märks verkligen när man läser...

Fast jag gillade den ändå. Den är uppfriskande i sin civilisationskritik.

Av nobelpristagare som jag läst gillar jag Albert Camus. Också en fransk existensialist. Både "pesten" och "främlingen" är bra. Herrman Hesse är också trevlig, "siddharta", "glaspärlespelet" och "stäppvargen" är alla bra. Glaspärlespelet, och till viss del också stäppvargen är dock ganska tunga. Siddharta är mer "själsfeelgood".

Även "En dag i Ivan Denisovitjs liv" av Alexander Solsjenitsyn är frutansvärt bra. Man fattar verkligen hur otrolig människan är som härdar ut i koncentrationsläger.

Har inte läst så många andra nobelpristagare faktiskt... Är en latis!

Good luck :D.

Finished this year :shocked: ?

I actually had to finish Huxley's Island for last Monday :blush-anim-cl: . I'll definitely finish it during the weekend. Its boring :mf_rosetinted:

I stopped reading for fun about 3 years ago :blink: : Now I HAVE to read. I still hope to read some of the Sherlock Holmes novels again soon. My first love :wub2: .

This year I finished Russell Brand's Bookie wook... :blush-anim-cl: It was awesome!!! Everyone should get it!

And right now I'm reading "The picture of Dorian Gray" for the 100th time...Oh, how much I love this book!!!