Freddie Mercury statue in Montreux

violetsky

Not long until the Queen convention now. (end of March)

I've heard Peter Freestone is going to be there again, sweet guy. Also Patti Russo, she really is a match for Freddies voice! Going to be a good one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I maybe wrong but wasn't she the woman with Meatloaf who sang "I Won't Do That"? Not sure, but she featured in the Dtch Queen Day concert I saw about 3 years ago. Will try to google it. Don't think I have it in Faves. She was stunning and a voice to match.

I made a heart for each of you with your pic on it and your name and location... I can print them and put them next to the statue if you agree:blush-anim-cl:

like this (HollyD):

holydgh2.th.png

:wub2: Awww

I made a heart for each of you with your pic on it and your name and location... I can print them and put them next to the statue if you agree:blush-anim-cl:

like this (HollyD):

holydgh2.th.png

@Queenie: I don't know your real name :blink:

Hi there! Sorry if I come a bit late, but just heard about this thread now (thanks sister Queenie:wink2: ). Could you please make one of those absolutely amazing hearts for me? I've never been to Montreaux and Freddie is my heroe, I'd love to pay my little tribute to the genius. Thanks a lot!!

P.S.: my real name is Asun, BTW:wink2:

Hi there! Sorry if I come a bit late, but just heard about this thread now (thanks sister Queenie:wink2: ). Could you please make one of those absolutely amazing hearts for me? I've never been to Montreaux and Freddie is my heroe, I'd love to pay my little tribute to the genius. Thanks a lot!!

P.S.: my real name is Asun, BTWQUOTE]

Sure :blush-anim-cl: Just done your heart ;)

Thanks so much! :wub2: The hearts are beautiful.

thanks :blush-anim-cl: I know they're a bit simple but I don't have the time to make them look super cool ;) But it's a nice valentine present for freddie to get all these hearts :wink2:

Awww, what anabsolutely lovelt thing to do. Thank you so much I would adore it if you were to place a heart with my name on for Freddie. That is so sweet, thank you. If you haven't already done mine, use the pic of me I have on here in the purple and white top.

Thank yooooo xx

Awww, what anabsolutely lovelt thing to do. Thank you so much I would adore it if you were to place a heart with my name on for Freddie. That is so sweet, thank you. If you haven't already done mine, use the pic of me I have on here in the purple and white top.

Thank yooooo xx

I've done one with another pic but I change it it's not a big thing :wink2::blush-anim-cl:

Sure :blush-anim-cl: Just done your heart ;)

thanks :blush-anim-cl: I know they're a bit simple but I don't have the time to make them look super cool ;) But it's a nice valentine present for freddie to get all these hearts :wink2:

Thanks a lot, you're so nice:huglove: :huglove: And the hearts are just beautiful, a very delicate way to remember Freddie, I'm sure he likes them wherever he is now.

Hey lovely MFCers

I'm in the train now and will be at home in two hours :blush-anim-cl:

I had to change my plans a bit because my grandmother died yesterday :tears:

So I left home a bit later and went directly to geneva yesterday to the "One night of Queen" concert. Wow I 'm still thrilled... what a concert ! I'm sure my grandmother wants me to be happy rather than sad so I don't feel guilty for enjoying it so much :wub2:

So the plans changed and I went to Montreux today :wub2: Aww this is just the most beautiful place in the world !!!

I show you the pics when I'm at home.. all I can say for now is that the hearts got a lot of attention from the people who passed by :naughty:

someone even asked me if it's Freddies birthday :wink2:

Love ya all xxx

Oh violetsky, I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been an awful decision to make. Going to something so happy with feelings of such sadness.

You are right, your gran would have said "go".

I have had the same experience when going to a convention a few years ago, so I know how you will be feeling.

I won't ask if you had a good time, but I hope you will remember the day for the good memories in the future.

It will get easier, but for now you are in my thoughts and I send my sympathies to you and your family.

Take care.............

Oh violetsky, I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been an awful decision to make. Going to something so happy with feelings of such sadness.

You are right, your gran would have said "go".

I have had the same experience when going to a convention a few years ago, so I know how you will be feeling.

I won't ask if you had a good time, but I hope you will remember the day for the good memories in the future.

It will get easier, but for now you are in my thoughts and I send my sympathies to you and your family.

Take care.............

Thanks a lot Shari :wub2:

Well I knew that she won't live that long anymore because she was very old and sick. I think it was time for her to go and now she doesn't have pain anymore.

I enjoyed these two days in Geneva and Montreux very much :punk:

Of course I also thought about my gran but I felt happy for her that she is free from the pain and everything. She died happy with all her 8 children around her bed.. so I'm not that sad but still it's a bit strange :blush-anim-cl:

But "One night of Queen" was sooo amazing !:punk:

Hey lovely MFCers

So I left home a bit later and went directly to geneva yesterday to the "One night of Queen" concert. Wow I 'm still thrilled... what a concert ! I'm sure my grandmother wants me to be happy rather than sad so I don't feel guilty for enjoying it so much :wub2:

So the plans changed and I went to Montreux today :wub2: Aww this is just the most beautiful place in the world !!!

I show you the pics when I'm at home.. all I can say for now is that the hearts got a lot of attention from the people who passed by :naughty:

Love ya all xxx

I'm so sorry for your Grandma, hun, must have been really hard, but I'm sure you made the right decission and she'd be proud of you being as happy as you can. If you need to talk or anything, know you're not alone, ok?

About Montreux... Wow, amazing, can't wait to see the pics. Being there by the lake near the statue in the place that inspired Freddie so much must be thrilling, right? Thanks a lot for remembering us and placing the hearts, now I feel a bit closer to him:wub2: No wonder they got so much attention, they're lovely!

I'm so gad you ejoyed in spite of your personal situation, and like Shari said, I hope you'll remember the day for the nice things you lived through rather than for the saddest.

Love to you, hun.

Hey lovely MFCers

Love ya all xxx

I'm sorry about your loss, sweetie. But you're right, your granny would want you to be happy.

Ooh, can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks alot for doing this. :huglove: