Mica

Sivan

:D dont know if anyone wrote that here in the forum before...

but this is MICA:

Mica Minerals:

Mica minerals make some rocks sparkle! They are often found in igneous rocks such as granite and metamorphic rocks such as schist. They sparkle because light is reflected on their flat surfaces, which are where the mineral breaks along its plane of cleavage. These minerals break so easily along their cleavage that some crystals have broken into many thin layers that look like the pages of a little book. Colonial Americans used the “pages” of large mica crystals as glass for windows.

Pretty :)

my mom showed it to me.... she loves rocks.. lol

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D dont know if anyone wrote that here in the forum before...

but this is MICA:

Mica Minerals:

Mica minerals make some rocks sparkle! They are often found in igneous rocks such as granite and metamorphic rocks such as schist. They sparkle because light is reflected on their flat surfaces, which are where the mineral breaks along its plane of cleavage. These minerals break so easily along their cleavage that some crystals have broken into many thin layers that look like the pages of a little book. Colonial Americans used the “pages” of large mica crystals as glass for windows.

Ha ha - I've seen a lot of Mica pics like that highlighted part of the description. I think there is some controversial thread going on right now to convey the opposite discovery! :roftl:

Ha ha - I've seen a lot of Mica pics like that highlighted part of the description. I think there is some controversial thread going on right now to convey the opposite discovery! :roftl:

Thank you so much for making me laugh again, I really needed it :lmao::lmao:

Thank you so much for making me laugh again, I really needed it :lmao::lmao:

:roftl: I try.

Sorry Sivan, I couldn't help it. But you can make me a necklace out of "Mica" anytime...I'd pay good money for that. :naughty:

:roftl:

Sivan do you have any pics of Mica? (Seriously, I'd like to see it!)

I think they use mica for make-up too, since it's so shimmery. Thought I'd share since I don't have much else to post seeing as I'm avoiding a few threads...:naughty:

Apparently, Mica can mean "a crumb" or "to glitter" in Latin.

mica10.jpg

M31-M-Mica.jpg

i figured someone did that before me :P oh well....sorry for repeating :blush-anim-cl:

'sokay!

Actually, it was really funny. My fiance and I were sitting on the floor in a department store about a month ago arguing (gently) about which space heater to buy. He wanted the bigger, badder one - and tried to convince me that we should in fact get that one because it had this technology in it:

http://www.micathermic.com/

:naughty:

Okay, that was a bit off topic.

This place is more on topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica_Creek,_British_Columbia

*moves there*