Your First Time - 2008

Christine

A lot of MFCers will be seeing Mika for the first time this year.

Let us know your hopes, fears, if you have any questions or if you just want to express how excited you are to finally see your first show!

And come back and tell us all about it when the gig is over.

:punk:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the whole experience. I'm looking forward to:

• Meeting fellow MFCers
  • The anticipation turning to slight giddiness in the queue
  • The adrenaline-filled task of getting into the venue and getting a good spot
  • The feeling of being about to pop with excitement after the opening act leaves the stage
  • Hearing those opening bars of Relax (or whatever he sings first)
  • The simple elation that will be hearing him sing live, in the very same room as me
  • The look on my fiance's face when Mika plays Happy Ending (his fave)
  • The atmosphere created by a front-row filled with elated MFCers
  • The thrill of trying to catch him after the gig, and
  • Hopefully, the unmatched joy in getting to meet him and getting an autograph. :mf_lustslow:

In fact, this is me when I think that I'll be seeing Mika for the very first time in less than three weeks:

pig_smile.jpg

OMG! I am more excited for you Mika-virgins, than I am for myself!

I can remember how so surreal it felt...nothing compares to the first time!(Get your mind out of the gutter because I am truly talking about Mika gigs here! :naughty: )

You mean, this ISN'T a thread about sex? :blink:

I'm leaving.

Hey! Don't go - you can always make your own thread....:naughty: (Just need to make a disclaimer to keep it clean - you never know around here - some just don't know when to keep things tame)

I'm a first timer!!!!!!

I will be seeing Mr. Beautiful at the House of Blues in Chicago! I am soo excited! My manager at work teases me about it all the time!!! I can't wait to meet all the MFC'ers and I know the show will be SPECTACULAR!!!

the only thing I'm worried about is an exam I have to take the next day in my anatomy class...

I'm hoping that if you were to share that first time with Mika, you wouldn't be making plans to come on here and give us a play-by-play review! :naughty:

Are you kidding me? That will be the best gig review ever!

the only thing I'm worried about is an exam I have to take the next day in my anatomy class...

If your anatomy lessons involve shirtless men banging on trash cans, you should ace it! :thumb_yello:

i'm a first timer!

only 16 more days for me :)

i'm kind of nervous about how big the crowd is going to be, and how enthusiastic they'll be.

and, that even if i do wait forever after the show, that i won't get the chance to meet him.

but, i'll be optomistic.

i am GOING to meet him, come hell or high water. :bleh:

I HOPE this year will be my first time seeing Mika, If he comes to Australia.

But I have a question, Does Mika always come out for autographs and such after the concert?

He does it quite often, but not every time. It depends on how he's feeling, security issues, etc. There have also been times when he's come out to speak to people but you can't take photos and autographs are limited.

He does it quite often, but not every time. It depends on how he's feeling, security issues, etc. There have also been times when he's come out to speak to people but you can't take photos and autographs are limited.

Oh okay, And do you have to wait a long time?

I'd be willing to wait all night, but i'm not sure about my friends lol.

I'd hate to wait forever and for him not to come :(

that's what i mean, i don't know if the crowd is going to be very big at all...:boxed:

They seem to be doing a good job of booking him into appropriate sized venues so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Montreal doesn't have any good seats left and Toronto just sold out now that we're only a week away.

If the crowd's a bit stiff at least Mika will notice you and you'll likely get some attention from him if you're in front and singing along.

Yeah, I'm going with a group of friends and I have to convince them to stay afterwards and meet him. They aren't QUITE as obsessed as I am, lol.

It's usually about 1-2 hours. He was sick in London so he couldn't stop, but it also meant he left right away so people weren't hanging around for hours for nothing.