OK!!!!! Could Do With Some Help - Advice Etc...

Laurel

Ok as you know I'm kind of new to this Mika lark.

Am going to my first Mika gig in February. Have been to tons of gigs but have never felt the urge or inclination to take anything with me as a gift for the person I'm seeing before.

Stuff for them to sign if I get the chance to meet them ... yes

Anyway I know from reading stuff in this forum that Mika likes toys....

Ummm well so do I .... Just slightly...

Have so many of the damn things my Mum keeps joking that we need a new house soon....

Anyway what kind of toys does he like... is it anything and everything ... cos' you see I have some exceptional stuff ... not even paid for ... I pretty much won them you see....

So I was thinking of giving him one of these... though some of them are quite big.... beautiful ..... completely lovely ... abit like him .....

anyway here's what I have ... have taken some pics so please tell me what you think ..... most of you have met him and know what he likes .....

You see this is kind of what I mean by having a slight problem with my love of toys - this one won't even fit in my room

DSC00007.jpg

Does he like dogs .... nearly lifesize Dalmation

DSC00008.jpg

This is probably my favourite one - with the thought of giving it to him ... currently stuck behind my sofa ....

DSC00009.jpg

Collection of three wild cats .... sorry he can't have them all :blush-anim-cl: - he could have one though .....

DSC00010.jpg

Or - well they don't need introductions do they

DSC00015.jpg

Or a larger Mickey Mouse actually from Disney World in America ... I didn't go my brother did ....

DSC00016.jpg

My hotel is about 2 mins from the venue so it's not like I even have to lug it to the concert with me ... my hotel is in the same bloody street as Hammersmith Apollo (how cool is that)

Anyway could you all let me know what you think ... I'm thinking the wolf mainly cos' it's so bloody nice .... but will take any thoughts and ideas on board. Even if you tell me not to bring any ........

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and this is my sofa - told you I have a slight love of toys ....

DSC00013.jpg

Have alot of Disney toys ... Bambi, Thumper, Dumbo, Both Lady and The Tramp dogs, Simba, Tigger and Eyeore, Scooby Doo, Tons of others ...

The monkey was my last purchase ..... I really should stop buying them ... it's abit of an addiction with me ... esp going to the Disney Store when I'm in London ... I shall not go when I'm in London in Feb ... I SHALL NOT

Awwww I don't have any Japanese toys ... that's a shame.

I shall just take myself then ... it was just a thought

i didn't say he wouldn't like them, i just said i don't know which one he would prefer since all i know is that he's more into japanese gadgets... but he won't give you your soft toy back ! :thumb_yello: but choose something that you can easily carry INTO the venue, not only from your hotel to the venue, but you would have to do the gig with it, then wait for him with, if he ever comes out...

i didn't say he wouldn't like them, i just said i don't know which one he would prefer since all i know is that he's more into japanese gadgets... but he won't give you your soft toy back ! :thumb_yello: but choose something that you can easily carry INTO the venue, not only from your hotel to the venue, but you would have to do the gig with it, then wait for him with, if he ever comes out...

If it is a large one you can strap it on your bag, like you can do with babies...:mf_rosetinted:

I think your toy collection is absolutely lovely :wub2:

It's such a thoughtful idea to give him something, and you do have some beautiful things - but you did mention that you are running out of room in your house for them - maybe think of Mika and if he has any room left in his house before you give him something so large and expensive. I would hate for you to give him that gorgeous giraffe (my favourite) to have him not really want it and give it away to someone else.

He loves receiving gifts but he does get quite a lot of them, at each gig he goes to.....and he appreciates it but the poor boy will be running out of room in his flat soon :naughty:

:wub2: Hhhhhmmmm .... this is a tough one ... all of your animals are sooo lovely .... & (considering you MAY not get a chance to hand one over personally) .... I STILL feel that I would give him one of the one's that means the most ... or ALOT to me ...... :wub2: .... 'cos ... given that he does receive it .... you would know that he had your 'special' one ..... hehehe ... that's just me 'tho .... :wub2::thumb_yello:

Oh and this is my sofa - told you I have a slight love of toys ....

DSC00013.jpg

Have alot of Disney toys ... Bambi, Thumper, Dumbo, Both Lady and The Tramp dogs, Simba, Tigger and Eyeore, Scooby Doo, Tons of others ...

:shocked: how do you clean it?:naughty:

I have trouble cleaning it lol - I have to put them all on my bed lol

Most of the big plushy ones I won at the Ideal Home Show in London .... I really want to go again this year, every year I've gone I've won one of them - actually one day I went and won three at once. lol

That was the cats.....

My mother said If I go again this year and bring one of those things back again she'll disown me. Ha.

You buy raffle tickets and have to have an odd number ticket - easier said then done. You get 20 tickets for £5.00. I've just been lucky I guess.

Actually I do have a little Gizmo (you know the absolutely cute thing from Gremlins) that I might give Mika, I think Mika is actually cuter than Gizmo but least he'll fit in my bag. Gizmo not Mika.

I don't have a bag big enough to fit Mika in.

Oh and the giraffe is out - it's sodding 5ft lol - I can't lug that all the way to London. It was bad enough lugging it back two years ago.

:)

go for the Gizmo!

Gizmo-Doll.jpg

:naughty: actually it seems very Mikaish:roftl:

Hee yep he does seem Mikaish - I think I shall give him that ... he's so cute ...

I just have to find the thing - it's probably one of the smallest things on that sofa :wink2:

Thanks for your help guys

I have trouble cleaning it lol - I have to put them all on my bed lol

Most of the big plushy ones I won at the Ideal Home Show in London .... I really want to go again this year, every year I've gone I've won one of them - actually one day I went and won three at once. lol

That was the cats.....

My mother said If I go again this year and bring one of those things back again she'll disown me. Ha.

You buy raffle tickets and have to have an odd number ticket - easier said then done. You get 20 tickets for £5.00. I've just been lucky I guess.

Actually I do have a little Gizmo (you know the absolutely cute thing from Gremlins) that I might give Mika, I think Mika is actually cuter than Gizmo but least he'll fit in my bag. Gizmo not Mika.

I don't have a bag big enough to fit Mika in.

Oh and the giraffe is out - it's sodding 5ft lol - I can't lug that all the way to London. It was bad enough lugging it back two years ago.

:)

This made me laugh:roftl: I can see it before my eyes!! Mika in a bag to take home...:wub2:

I think your toy collection is absolutely lovely :wub2:

It's such a thoughtful idea to give him something, and you do have some beautiful things - but you did mention that you are running out of room in your house for them - maybe think of Mika and if he has any room left in his house before you give him something so large and expensive. I would hate for you to give him that gorgeous giraffe (my favourite) to have him not really want it and give it away to someone else.

He loves receiving gifts but he does get quite a lot of them, at each gig he goes to.....and he appreciates it but the poor boy will be running out of room in his flat soon :naughty:

Here's an idea I just thought of. If you have too many toys in your house, yes, maybe take a small thing for Mika, but have you thought of donating the surplus to a Childrens' ward in a hospital. Actually, this could catch on in the MFC. We would of course, tell them we are Mika fans and that we are donating the toys in honour of Mika. Something like that. What does everyone think? Why not do a good turn like that, in Mika's honour?