The Australian Thread: Part Eight

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not really sure. Somehow I think I got it into my head that this was a thread for Aussies to keep each other informed about what was happening in Mikaland with specific emphasis on Australia and things that were particularly relevant to us. Like him coming (or not as the case turned out to be) to the V festival, dates that singles are being released here in Aus, Mika on t.v. and radio, the aussie showbag etc etc. Sometimes those things get lost in the general chit chat already going on and i get a little annoyed, but if that's not our purpose and it's really just for aussies to have their own little place to chill and chat, with an occasional Mika related thing thrown in for good measure then that's ok, but i think i'll spend more time in the other threads.

i'm not really sure. Somehow I think I got it into my head that this was a thread for Aussies to keep each other informed about what was happening in Mikaland with specific emphasis on Australia and things that were particularly relevant to us. Like him coming (or not as the case turned out to be) to the V festival, dates that singles are being released here in Aus, Mika on t.v. and radio, the aussie showbag etc etc. Sometimes those things get lost in the general chit chat already going on and i get a little annoyed, but if that's not our purpose and it's really just for aussies to have their own little place to chill and chat, with an occasional Mika related thing thrown in for good measure then that's ok, but i think i'll spend more time in the other threads.

No thread can be described as just for "aussies" or "british" or whatever .. its an open forum and everyone posts everywhere .. and everyone should be welcome everywhere .. well thats the concept :wink2:

Those things are all part of the thread, but mostly its a place for aussies to talk and bond with people in the same time zone as them, and anyone else who wants to stop by and chat. Or that's just how I've viewed it.

No thread can be described as just for "aussies" or "british" or whatever .. its an open forum and everyone posts everywhere .. and everyone should be welcome everywhere .. well thats the concept :wink2:

i don't think this is "just" for aussies, but if it isn't a way for us to keep up with what's happening with mika in terms of Australia, then i'm not really sure i see the point of an "Aussie" thread.

:shocked: CHICKADEE !!!! This thread is CLEARLY in the 'GENERAL CHIN WAG SECTION' ........ all specifically MIKA related posts have their own sections ..... (click on Forums at top left of page ) ..... here we are free to just carry on about whatever !!!!! :thumb_yello:

Those things are all part of the thread, but mostly its a place for aussies to talk and bond with people in the same time zone as them, and anyone else who wants to stop by and chat. Or that's just how I've viewed it.

Ah. I see. Then I have misunderstood all along.

:shocked: I WAS here earlier this evening Teegs .... just had to go to a meeting .... is all ..... :blink:

Yeah, but I wasn't... anytime I've been on you haven't...

Nice to see your nasty avatar has changed :thumbdown:

Yes... I thought I'd pay tribute to Bruce... cause he's a gorgeous piece of American man meat!

If you really miss it I can change it back! :naughty:

Yeah, but I wasn't... anytime I've been on you haven't...

Yes... I thought I'd pay tribute to Bruce... cause he's a gorgeous piece of American man meat!

If you really miss it I can change it back! :naughty:

Your massive song thing is doing my head in now

<Thinks he should be in British Thread> :boxed:

I haven't heard of these new tim tams ... must go and look :bleh:

well, as we have no snackfood here, I decided to try and make crackers and cheese. So I've cut up all my cheese, and taken a stack of crackers, and my mum takes it off me to make some herself at the other side of the room, but I realise that I'm one cracker short, so I ask my mum to chuck me one, like 2 metres. She throws one, it falls way short ... the dog gets it, she tries again, misses, dog gets it ... tries again, misses, dog is freaking out because he can't eat them fast enough ... tries again, misses, tries again, misses, tries again, misses ... she's thrown half the packet at me, and is pissing herself laughing, just making it 100% worse, but continues to try, until eventually I get one. But that exact moment we hear a crash, and the cat has knocked one of mum's cracker/cheese towers off the table, and we start laughing at that, and the cat just goes along and knocks them all off. I've just realised this story doesn't sound funny at all written, but it hurts how much we were laughing, and I'm not gonna delete it after writing it now, so too bad if you bothered to read the whole thing :naughty:

i don't think this is "just" for aussies, but if it isn't a way for us to keep up with what's happening with mika in terms of Australia, then i'm not really sure i see the point of an "Aussie" thread.

There's the keeping informed on news of Mika, and we do that, but it's also to bond, to form friendships, to just have a thread where we can talk about what's going on in our lives, or whatever. A place to talk about whatever comes up. I don't think I would be half as close to the other aussies if I hadn't been able to 'meet' them in here.

Ah. I see. Then I have misunderstood all along.

Umm.. haven't you ever read the first thread post that RBSKY posts?? :blink:

It's obviously random..

It's always been clear to me what this thread is about..

:shocked: CHICKADEE !!!! This thread is CLEARLY in the 'GENERAL CHIN WAG SECTION' ........ all specifically MIKA related posts have their own sections ..... (click on Forums at top left of page ) ..... here we are free to just carry on about whatever !!!!! :thumb_yello:

yeah, I do see it is in the general chinwag section. As I say, I think i've misunderstood it's purpose. Which, I realise, is my mistake.

Geez... if we're gonna start talking Mika I'm outta here! :naughty:

Hi Everyone!!

Bec and Teegs.. I want Tim Tams!!!!!!!!!

No, you can't have any!

mmmmmm

<feels unwelcome> :boxed:

What???

I haven't said anything nasty yet...

And in what way Freddie???

Umm.. haven't you ever read the first thread post that RBSKY posts?? :blink:

It's obviously random..

It's always been clear to me what this thread is about..

I have read it, but i must confess it was a long time ago. O.K. it was about 2 1/2 months ago when i joined, but it feels like a long time ago.