The Australian Thread: Part Eight

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is when I really love MFC, all this MIKA news n stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQoul0EZZo

I imagine most of you have seen it?

Gaaaaah, I've just been reading the entire thread ... I can't even contain my elation. He has got to come down here soon or I am going to just die.

Uuuummmm ... this 'lil' insomniac is really liking the sound of bed now ..... (even tho' I've just had vegemite toast & Milo) :naughty: ..... mmmmmmm ... how I'd love to be able to .... just ... nod ... off ..... :wub2: :wub2:

Milo makes me soooo sleepy. It makes no sence whatsoever...

I'm going to go to bed now as well. I really should have gone earlier seeing as I've got school on Friday.

Goodnight! :wub2:

Nighty night. Friday is a very strange day to be starting school on!

:shocked:

I just read 18 pages, and being too lazy to quote, I'll just address the things that really stuck with me:

If you guys take me to the AFL, I reserve the right to cover my eyes at will; I don't want to watch when someone gets their neck snapped.

(and I'll totally eat the overpriced hot dogs for you.:naughty: )

I was shocked by all the grading systems! American grades, in all schools, colleges, universities, etc, are:

0-59 = F, 60-69 = D, 70-79 = C(a basic pass, but higher is preferred), 80-89 = B, and 90-100 = A. Sometimes it's possible to get higher than 100, but it doesn't change the grade.

And lastly: what are honey joys?:boxed:

I'm new and all - but Whats the deal with Saranayde? I don't know who she is or anything *feels a real big tool* but most people seem to dislike her?? If she is unliked by so many people why is she still there? Why do people dislike her? Has she always been there?

As I said - I am new....and I've only noticed her in the Montreal gig where she is dancing in her undies.

Any help would be welcome as I really have no idea :boxed:

I'm new and all - but Whats the deal with Saranayde? I don't know who she is or anything *feels a real big tool* but most people seem to dislike her?? If she is unliked by so many people why is she still there? Why do people dislike her? Has she always been there?

As I said - I am new....and I've only noticed her in the Montreal gig where she is dancing in her undies.

Saranayde appeared at the start of the Euro tour a few months ago, partly to replace a friend of Mika's (Lorna) who used to sing HE with him (she went back to college after a year off) so essentially she is a backup/accompaning (?) singer for songs. The dislike for her began after the first show as she seem to be everywhere on stage with Mika- everyone was used to the band being in the background a bit and now all of a sudden there was a new chick frolicking around, doing the bum shake with Mika and Mikey etc. I think it has settled down a bit now, there was just a bit of confusion initially of why a backup singer was getting a lot of the spotlight, and I think she has found her place in the group a lot better now (oh, she used to be a backup singer for Robbie Williams too)

Hope this helps :thumb_yello:

(If I get a chance I will go back and find a really funny skit someone did up about Mika bitch slapping Sara after the first show for being in the way :naughty: )

Minda is now back from her holidays! And somehow you guys have managed to get 36 pages into a new thread in the two weeks I've been gone...

*starts reading super fast to catch up*

Oh my... I've got some work ahead of me...

My feelings have always been simple jealousy! She's attractive, she can sing and she's up there with MIKA!!!! LOL! But I'm getting used to her now...

Minda is now back from her holidays! And somehow you guys have managed to get 36 pages into a new thread in the two weeks I've been gone...

Hi Minda. I don't think we've met yet.... Sometimes it gets more bother than it's worth to do all the catch up reading...

I haven't heard of these new tim tams ... must go and look :bleh:

well, as we have no snackfood here, I decided to try and make crackers and cheese. So I've cut up all my cheese, and taken a stack of crackers, and my mum takes it off me to make some herself at the other side of the room, but I realise that I'm one cracker short, so I ask my mum to chuck me one, like 2 metres. She throws one, it falls way short ... the dog gets it, she tries again, misses, dog gets it ... tries again, misses, dog is freaking out because he can't eat them fast enough ... tries again, misses, tries again, misses, tries again, misses ... she's thrown half the packet at me, and is pissing herself laughing, just making it 100% worse, but continues to try, until eventually I get one. But that exact moment we hear a crash, and the cat has knocked one of mum's cracker/cheese towers off the table, and we start laughing at that, and the cat just goes along and knocks them all off. I've just realised this story doesn't sound funny at all written, but it hurts how much we were laughing, and I'm not gonna delete it after writing it now, so too bad if you bothered to read the whole thing :naughty:

hahahahahahahahaha:roftl:

Save me some...

I have two packs of choc ripple biscuits so I'm thinking of make a choc ripple cake.. mmm yum..

oh i want some so bad right now ..damn the lactose free cream for not being able to be whipped

If you are going to be at the supermarket then all you need to do is pick up the box, read the ingredients as you carry the Kelloggs cornflakes around and then dump the box somewhere that's a long long way from where it belongs:thumb_yello:

oh im gunna do my shopping at aldis today , im tryin to buy the cheapest version of everything this wk to see how much money i can save, a lot of ppl tell me they love the aldis brand

:naughty: Aldi!

I wish that I worked at Aldi. Or at least the Aldi that is next to my Big W. They get to sit in comfortable chairs all day as they scan the items. And apparently they get paid around $17 an hour!

It's not fair. I work much harder than them (I think)!

oh i know i could get 20 bux an hr for a permanent part time job, i lift 20kg boxes all day for 15bux...applied for job at aldis this wk so i can quit my current job (plus they are opening a new store in albury)

My feelings have always been simple jealousy! She's attractive, she can sing and she's up there with MIKA!!!! LOL! But I'm getting used to her now...

Hi Minda. I don't think we've met yet.... Sometimes it gets more bother than it's worth to do all the catch up reading...

yeh i didnt catch up on what ive missed in the old thread but after 2 reading sessions i caught up on the new one, l laughed the whole way thru it tho

hey so angel, i shopped at aldis for the first time today , well the first time i havent left half way thru confused, i bought 11 items and it was only 25 bux, i bought 6 items at safeway and it costed me the same

Aldis is good. I'm in love with their cheesey rings, their so cheap and so good :wink2:

Aldis is good. I'm in love with their cheesey rings, their so cheap and so good :wink2:

im trying to find a way to cut my grocery bill by 1/3, its the healthy food that adds up, my bf has physical no fat milk, yoplait no fat yoghurt, only has wheat bix - hi bran, and then theres me who has to have lactose free milk, which is a cheap 2.29 for 1 ltr (rip off)

live at home FOREVER!!!

im trying to find a way to cut my grocery bill by 1/3, its the healthy food that adds up, my bf has physical no fat milk, yoplait no fat yoghurt, only has wheat bix - hi bran, and then theres me who has to have lactose free milk, which is a cheap 2.29 for 1 ltr (rip off)

live at home FOREVER!!!

I wish I could live at home forever, but eventually I'll have to move out :naughty:

Anyways, going to go nag the sister to clean the bench and load the dishwasher so I can make Honey Joys, adios

We do write alot....:naughty:

Morning everyone, lets pretend it still is shall we.

Oh and Artsy, Honey Joys are this things made with cornflakes, sugar and honey. Their really good *doesn't know how to describe them*

and butter. Don't you need butter or marg? *goes to look up recipe* yep, you need butter or marg. Hey Soa do you still need the recipe?

Edit: Oh, I just remembered. You were gonna walk around the shops with a box of cornflakes whilst collecting what you needed. Never mind

oh honey joys, make sure you make enough for all the aussie mfcers

Well I only made 12 so far, and there's over 30 Mikamites, so might be a little short :naughtyK

and butter. Don't you need butter or marg? *goes to look up recipe* yep, you need butter or marg. Hey Soa do you still need the recipe?

Edit: Oh, I just remembered. You were gonna walk around the shops with a box of cornflakes whilst collecting what you needed. Never mind

Yeah butter/Marg. But practically everything needs that :wink2:

And google gave me the recipe

Make your own, nobody likes you! :thumbdown:

:naughty: :naughty: Don't forget to pass some to me too.. :wink2: :wink2:

*passes dc some cornflakes* There's one ingredient, you can make you're own :wink2:

I was shocked by all the grading systems! American grades, in all schools, colleges, universities, etc, are:

0-59 = F, 60-69 = D, 70-79 = C(a basic pass, but higher is preferred), 80-89 = B, and 90-100 = A. Sometimes it's possible to get higher than 100, but it doesn't change the grade.

Over a 100%? That's stupid! (well, the person who gets it is smart I presume, but it's still stupid)

I think that's about it right there. She steals Mika's thunder and she dances around half naked with him :naughty: Well, that's how people see it. I'm getting over it, but I still dislike the way she stamps around ... looks a bit like an emu.

(If I get a chance I will go back and find a really funny skit someone did up about Mika bitch slapping Sara after the first show for being in the way :naughty: )

*wants to see this 'skit'*

Yeah the 36 pages was done in 2 days ... or was it one? No I think it was two. Sad isn't it?

*joins in pretending*

Wow, lovely morning to be awake, isn't it?

Sadly what woke me up was my neglected tamagotchi screaming out that he was dieing :crybaby: And I couldn't save him, he went back to his planet on his space ship :tears:

i shopped at aldis for the first time today , well the first time i havent left half way thru confused, i bought 11 items and it was only 25 bux, i bought 6 items at safeway and it costed me the same

Aww! I've never even heard of this 'aldis' place, no fair! I want a cheap store!!! :crybaby:

live at home FOREVER!!!

*plans on it*

Make your own, nobody likes you! :thumbdown:

:naughty: :naughty: Don't forget to pass some to me too.. :wink2: :wink2:

i was trying to get some for ALL the aussie mfcers, which would include you, so by telling me to make my own, u miss out as well!

We do write alot....:naughty:

Oh and Artsy, Honey Joys are this things made with cornflakes, sugar and honey. Their really good *doesn't know how to describe them*

Ahh.....gotcha. They're just flakies with honey. *craves flakies now but has no cornflakes or butter*

Over a 100%? That's stupid! (well, the person who gets it is smart I presume, but it's still stupid)

It is stupid, and can be difficult to achieve, but it looks damn good on a college application when a straight-A's GPA is 4.0 and you've got a 4.7. It's an admissions' rep's wet dream.:bleh:

Well I only made 12 so far, and there's over 30 Mikamites, so might be a little short :naughtyK

Yeah butter/Marg. But practically everything needs that :wink2:

And google gave me the recipe

*passes dc some cornflakes* There's one ingredient, you can make you're own :wink2:

Actually, i have a wicked chocolate cake recipe that uses oil instead of butter or marg, but if you replace the oil with apple sauce you get a really yummy, really low fat cake.

I think that's about it right there. She steals Mika's thunder and she dances around half naked with him :naughty: Well, that's how people see it. I'm getting over it, but I still dislike the way she stamps around ... looks a bit like an emu.

*wants to see this 'skit'*

Yeah the 36 pages was done in 2 days ... or was it one? No I think it was two. Sad isn't it?

*joins in pretending*

Wow, lovely morning to be awake, isn't it?

Sadly what woke me up was my neglected tamagotchi screaming out that he was dieing :crybaby: And I couldn't save him, he went back to his planet on his space ship :tears:

Aww! I've never even heard of this 'aldis' place, no fair! I want a cheap store!!! :crybaby:

*plans on it*

There is no Aldi yet in W.A. that I'm aware of, but I'm sure it will come eventually like a lot of things. I remember when my son was born (he's now 11) and my Mum came to Bris (cos I was living there then) and she found Best and Less and thought it was fantastic and was really annoyed that they didn't have them in Perth, but now she has one at her local corner shopping centre.