Mika Medley on Star Academy 7

Valelia

I don't know if this has been posted. If it has I apologize and please close it.

I have no idea whose in the world this Star Academy is from, I came across it by mistake and I figured it had to be posted.

Granted, it's a big honor Mika is getting his own medley on the show, especially being so new. But they're murdering his songs, in my opinion!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzpwi4pGKk&NR=1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of show is Star Academy? Is it like Idol? or the X factor? (Those of us in far off countries don't know!)

I am sure there will be more Mika songs on these types of shows as people want to show off their vocal range.

But no one can beat the MAESTRO.:mf_rosetinted:

What kind of show is Star Academy? Is it like Idol? or the X factor? (Those of us in far off countries don't know!)

I am sure there will be more Mika songs on these types of shows as people want to show off their vocal range.

I don't know X factor, but as far as I know it's like American idol

I've never seen it either :bleh:

But I went on and did a little research after I posted. It is like X Factor and Idol, except you also see the contestants living together, I believe.

This particular one is from France, and it's their 7th season, so I take it it's a pretty popular show. They have in many,many countries from what I saw.

The mix is great... the singers... not so much.

I've never seen it either :bleh:

But I went on and did a little research after I posted. It is like X Factor and Idol, except you also see the contestants living together, I believe.

This particular one is from France, and it's their 7th season, so I take it it's a pretty popular show. They have in many,many countries from what I saw.

big brother??? :shocked:

Yeah ... they sound pretty average. Especially the one singing Relax ... he sounds like he is singing along to his ipod whilst running on a treadmill or something, he's basically panting :naughty:

Interesting to see ... the Big Girl bit with the skinny dancers was a bit stupid though.

Yeah ... they sound pretty average. Especially the one singing Relax ... he sounds like he is singing along to his ipod whilst running on a treadmill or something, he's basically panting :naughty:

Interesting to see ... the Big Girl bit with the skinny dancers was a bit stupid though.

I think it's like Mika said, his songs are made so nobody else can sing them like him.:naughty:

Star academy is a French show. Some 15 candidates spend a few weeks in a castle where they're supposed to be taught how to become performers. You basically see the life of the "students" during the week (big brother style) while they are preparing the show they give every friday. So you see how they interact with each other, the rehearsals, fights, etc.

Every friday night, the candidates give a live show. Some perform alone, others make duos with real "stars" who need some promotion and a candidate is eliminated each week by the audience. This show is of course 100% crap. For the record, Mika refused to go although he was invited :naughty:

I saw this Mika medley on youtube and almost lost a ear :sneaky2: