2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

What's the story behind the squeaky toy you gave Andy, Jack?

Hahah. Well, I'd been reading the thread about Andy, and everyone was going on and on about his "fluffy thing," and whether it was gone, or if it went to make the lining of Mika's coat, etc, and I was really confused as to why everyone loved it so.

So in Philly, after I introduced myself and told him I'd been wanting to meet him due to all the glowing reports about him on MFC, and he was like "but I'm only the cameraman!" I told him that if he thought that was odd, he should know that people are not only all obsessed with him but with his fluffy thing as well. And then we had a discussion about how neither of us had any idea what was so great about the fluffy thing, and he explained to me that it cut down on wind resistance for the mic, and it was called a "dead cat." (Me: "Oh God. Eww. It's not actually made out of a dead cat, is it?")

So for NY, I went to a pet store and bought this squeaky toy to represent a dead cat (and I used to sharpie to draw crossed-out eyes on it). I gave it to him along with a little card that I really should have photographed, that read as so--

Cover (text only):

"Richandy( Samantha?) has a posse.

They may not know his name, but they know where he lives!

Also, the fluffy thing. WTF???"

Inside:

A cartoony drawing of Andy dragging a dead cat and looking in confusion on a crowd of girls. The crowd is captioned "MFC Girls," and they're shouting (in a word balloon): "Aieeeeeeee! Cute fluffy thing! <3"

And that's all really.

--Jack

P.S. He swears his name really is Andy.

sivan do you know by any chance when the canadian girls will be back home? I'm impatient to read their reports lol

vero will be home sunday...late...

wonderfull pix everyone! LOVE IT!

OH YESS!! in the last few posts you can see the bracelets really well!! I remember making all of them and now they're on the hand of my favorite person pretty much ever. oh wow. I am so happy. Thank you for the MARVELOUS pics everybody! wow! they are sooo great!

I know! He's never taking them off now! :roftl: Probably keeps them on in the shower.

They're lovely bracelets, too.

--Jack

I know! He's never taking them off now! :roftl: Probably keeps them on in the shower.

They're lovely bracelets, too.

--Jack

haha. mika showers with the bracelets i made. lol nice.

SO i have a few tests tomorrow. hmm. wonder how those will go.....lol

OK, whew! It took me HOURS to read this all, but it was fun!

So... before I write a bit and post a few pics... I just wanted to say...

I think he's talking about the Blink Gallery display. He's probably expanding it and doing another showing. That's my guess anyway.

I was wondering if he meant a photo gallery on his myspace...

It's hard to know, he wasn't really specific. But just to know that

he's not trashing everything is kinda nice :)

as soon as i get back to brazil i'll put my pics and videos on the internet. if anyone have any video or pictures of lollipop, with us on stage, pleeeease contact me: rafadip@hotmail.com , for msn and e-mail.

.............it was so worth it.

Oh, Rafael! I am SO glad you posted so quickly! It was lovely to meet

you, and I hope I have some photos of you to share! :thumb_yello:

does any one have a video of when everyone raided the stage i wanna see my self there!

I didn't take any video' date=' Aimee -- we actually had security come over to

us and give us some grief about that, even though we were just taking

stills... they thought titty was videoing, but she wasn't... They were

polite and all, but they were like, "No video, only pictures!"

But I do have at least one pic -- you might be in it!

Me too

One up for us against the heavy handed ones!!!!

Actually, Wendy, security was in the right about this. Mika's idea

may have been conceived in a good place, but it was A Bad Idea.

As someone in the front row, against the barricade,

I nearly was crushed. The swell of people trying to make their way on

stage all at once -- it was devastating. I couldn't breathe. I'm sure

Mika didn't think this idea all the way through -- sure, some kids

could scramble up on stage, but not everyone could,

and security quickly

stepped in to try to stop people... but that didn't stop the thousands

of people who were pushing up against me. I didn't have a fraction of

an inch to move. Not pleasant at all. Scary in fact. So Mika, please

rethink this one... or plan it better next time. Ugh.

and where is deb with her report??

oh dcdeb.... where are you?

I'm heeeeere! Trying to catch up, that's all! :)

He rushed through the NY show.

Having just seen the show in November in Glasgow, I totally agree.

One second it was Relax, the next it was Love Today... and I was

thinking WTF?

Andy was lovely though.

He sure was. I spoke to him with you, and then after the show as I

was leaving the venue... just a very nice young man. :wub2:

But I didn't enjoy the show not because he wasn't staring at me the entire time but because his performance seemed entirely perfunctory. He seemed to be doing it in a "ok let's get through this quick and then I'm off to party" mode.

Well, I think it was a step above "perfunctory" but I get what you're

saying, Jack. Not to say the concert wasn't

fantastic -- it was. It just could have been more...

Finkster - great reporting! Love the pics that went along with it!

dcdeb...where are you? Guess your family needs a dose of you first. I can wait a little longer. Thank you for being instrumental in NYC yesterday.

Thanks, Suzy -- And you were right about the family... but since the

Super Bowl is on now, I have a little slack :naughty:

Andysilly2.jpg

And here's where Deb does a terrific job at cutting me out of the photo. Ha. Andy is still preoccupied with the squeaky toy.

Hey! Your camera was new to me! I wanted to do better!

I have a nice pic of Andy that I hope will make up for it! :)

OK, caught up and ready to write. With some pics even.

But I'll probably put more with a fuller report on my myspace tomorrow

dcdeb

OH MY LORDY LORD!!! thank god I got to the end of this thread its taken me about 5 hours I'm exhausted I've been UP Iv'e been down....it's been a really interesting read some great pic some super reviews, and some honest thoughts and feelings.

So THANX guys my eyes hurt from all the reading lol glad most of you had a great time.

My 2 penneth of thoughts....queueing at THAT time of the morning is just ridiculous and the surge of fans on-stage at the end of Lollipop was not such a good idea in reality, I don't think he will make it a regular thing, he may have just wanted to build the atmosphere of the gig for Perez and Katey perhaps.

I also noticed he used the HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: robes that HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: from UK gave to their promoters in Doncaster, but UK HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: is having more made as he is making his comeback. :punk::punk:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x195/jsksjs48/mika%20at%20terminal%205/

ok theres all my pictures from the night(minus a few of my freinds and the midway state)

and the last one isnt mine its someone else's but its me on the stage so i wanted to save it

here are a few of my faves

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

(thats when i was dancing with him on stage)

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

and i know this is alot, so ill just post one more

IMG_0221.jpg

My 2 penneth of thoughts....queueing at THAT time of the morning is just ridiculous and the surge of fans on-stage at the end of Lollipop was not such a good idea in reality, I don't think he will make it a regular thing, he may have just wanted to build the atmosphere of the gig for Perez and Katey perhaps.

No, no. I agree. But it was really worth it.

Yea..I really did feel bad for the people who were nearly killed on the floor. so many people came out with bruises. It was so much fun to be up there, but if I weren't up there I wouldn't have been a happy camper, or able to enjoy the show nearly being trampled.

haha i have 400 pictures up

theres atleast 25 really good one si would want to post, i still have to go through and rotate most of them lol

ahh! post soon! i'll probably have to go to bed- school tomorrow :thumbdown: . but first thing in the morning when i get up i will check!

*cough unless you can get sum up in the next hour cough*:wink2:

ahh! post soon! i'll probably have to go to bed- school tomorrow :thumbdown: . but first thing in the morning when i get up i will check!

*cough unless you can get sum up in the next hour cough*:wink2:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...0terminal%205/

theres all of them haha

im going through rotating them now, so if some arent rotated my apologies because they will be tomorrow

its under mika terminal 5, not any of my like 12 other mika albums

OH MY LORDY LORD!!! thank god I got to the end of this thread its taken me about 5 hours I'm exhausted I've been UP Iv'e been down....it's been a really interesting read some great pic some super reviews, and some honest thoughts and feelings.

So THANX guys my eyes hurt from all the reading lol glad most of you had a great time.

I also noticed he used the HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: robes that HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: from UK gave to their promoters in Doncaster, but UK HOLY JOHNNY:mf_popeanim: is having more made as he is making his comeback. :punk::punk:

it was the same one huh? thought i had seen it before!

sorry to ask that again, but:

any pics/videos of lollipop, when we were on stage??? i want soooo much to see myself in stage with mika. XD

Hey Raf! I met you outside after the show! Hope you're well!

I haven't seen any videos, but there's been a few pictures floating around, good luck spotting yourself.:naughty:

I just saw a glimpse of myself in one, but you can barely see it.