Too fey for the U.S.A.?

greta

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Greta

Mika's music is retro but fresh, with echoes of Elton John, Freddie Mercury, Prince, the Bee Gees, David Bowie, Robbie Williams and Leo Sayer.

.. And other curly haired high pitched singers .. holy god Leo Sayer :roftl: :roftl:

:thumb_yello::roftl:

Thanks Gre!

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/15115861.html

Q You are huge everywhere but the United States. How do you feel about that?

A It's fine. It's part of the process. What I'm concerned with is my live show. When I played my first show a year ago in New York, I played to 100 people, my second show four months after that, about 1,000 people. Then I played to 2,000 people, and now I'm going back and playing to over 5,000. That's growth.

Remember, the U.S. is geographically massive and very diverse. Secondly, there is a different attitude on radio in the United States. ...

Q How do you feel when people say your music is too dance-y, too campy, too gay for the U.S.A.?

A Um, I think there may be a little of that. And I know when I was trying to get "Grace Kelly" on the radio in the U.S., we had one station come back and say "We can't play a song that has a man saying he wants to be like a woman." Of course, that infuriates me. But I'm certainly not going to let that stop me. ...

I love MIKA more now than before. He is an increbible artist. I now have a goal in my life: TO HAVE THE RADIO STATIONS PLAY HIS MUSIC. I am gathering addresses and names of radio stations and send them letters. According to so many people, the USA is the country of freedom, but they don't want to play his music????

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO MY ABILITY TO HAVE THIS CHANGE.