Yes another newbie.

Electrastar

(WARNING: The following introduction may be long, reader discretion is advised)

I just like to talk about myself...is that wrong?

Greetings! My name is Valerie, I'm 25 years old and live in Granby, a small town in the province of Quebec, in Canada (in case you're wondering, yup, I'm a French Canadian).

I have to be honest, when I first heard Mika, I didn't like him. In the summer of 2006, they played "Grace Kelly" waaaayyy too much on the radio, to the point where I got sick and tired of hearing it. However, I did download (legally I payed for the mp3s) his album because I liked his other single "Love Today". I listened to the album a couple of times, discovered I like it and that was about it.

However, everything changed on January 28th 2008, at the Bell Center in Montreal...when I saw him in concert. He was soooo cooool, and fun, and sweet, he totally charmed me...I bought his album and have been listening to it every day since then. I got fired from my job recently and I'm a mess so his upbeat songs and positive lyrics are really helping me trough it right now.

Other than Mika, I'm 100% Devotee (aka Depeche Mode fan) and I have seen them in concert twice (and hoping for a third time since they might tour again in 2009). I'm also a fan of the French band Indochine. I like pretty much any type of music except for rap, country and R&B. In my spare time, I read, go to the gym, play videogames and draw.

I draw in anime/manga style because other than being a music fan, I'm an otaku (Japanese animation fan) meaning I own a lot of anime stuff, books, dvds, soundtracks and other.

If you're ever interested, I have a deviantart page: http://electrastarx.deviantart.com/

So that's about it. I don't think I'll be the most active poster, but I'll stop by here every once in awhile.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Electrastar, great introduction! Welcome at the MFC:punk:

I like Depeche Mode too, but I thought their glorydays were over....? I was born in '69 therefore my youthmemories are a lot about the eighties-music.

I hope you get your life back in order, and indeed: listen to Mika's music a lot, it will cheer you up:mf_lustslow:

Hi Electrastar, great introduction! Welcome at the MFC:punk:

I like Depeche Mode too, but I thought their glorydays were over....? I was born in '69 therefore my youthmemories are a lot about the eighties-music.

I hope you get your life back in order, and indeed: listen to Mika's music a lot, it will cheer you up:mf_lustslow:

Wow! Such a warm welcome, thank you all! I didn't think I was going to get so many replies.

I'm still listening to Mika, it's been a week to this day that I got fired...I'm finally starting to get back on my feet. I really like two songs right now that I associate to my situation:

#1- "Any Other World"

-Reason: I was a real shocker when my boss told me I was fired...My world came crashing down on me because I didn't except it at all....so to me it was like:

"Say goodbye, to the world you thought you lived in..."

#2-"My Interpretation"

-Reason: I know the CEO of the company is the one who forced my former boss (head of the marketing department) to fire me. The CEO's a greedy jerk and truth be told, I was never comfortable around him sooo...:

"I don't care if I ever talk to you again!!!"

Oh, and Depeche Mode isn't over yet! I was pretty sure there last tour (Touring the Angel 2005/2006) was going to be their last. However rumors (that have almost been confirmed) are swimming around the Internet that they should get back in the studio in 2008, new album late 2008 and new tour on 2009. All that's left is for Mika to come back to Montreal and life will be good. :thumb_yello: