Mika, each time you repeat one of your soundbites on stage, I like you a little less.

JackViolet

and I think everytime you post a negative thread, people on here like you a little less.:thumbdown:

Well duh. Anytime anyone says something that isn't fawning over how perfect Mika is, all the blind fans get into hissy fits.

But it is my opinion that Mika can in fact do better, and that his treating a possible opportunity to connect with his audience as just part of his setlist is irritating, and I'm allowed to express it.

Just as you are all allowed to go on about how Mika can do absolutely no wrong and if he comes out and squawks like a chicken for an hour that would still be the best concert ever.

--Jack

P.S. If people think that my offering a bit of constructive criticism--at the same time that I say over and over how talented and otherwise clever I consider Mika to be--is "bashing," well then they really have issues.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like the show or what he says during it, don't go. plain and simple. :punk:

I am in fact planning to maybe not go anymore, although not just because of this specifically.

But when I said that, everybody got upset too.

And anyway, considering Mika needs more support in the US, and my suggestion would enable him to connect with more people without alienating any who are already fans, I think it is in fact rather more useful than just chirping about how lucky we are even to have him within our borders.

If anything, I'm the one looking out for his success here. "He does what he does and if you don't like it, boo!" is not the best tactic to increase his fanbase.

--Jack

Well duh. Anytime anyone says something that isn't fawning over how perfect Mika is, all the blind fans get into hissy fits.

But it is my opinion that Mika can in fact do better, and that his treating a possible opportunity to connect with his audience as just part of his setlist is irritating, and I'm allowed to express it.

Just as you are all allowed to go on about how Mika can do absolutely no wrong and if he comes out and squawks like a chicken for an hour that would still be the best concert ever.

--Jack

Yes it is your opinion, and I'm not having a hissy fit?

and I may be wrong, but it seems that you're not as appreciative for all of the opportunitiess you've had as you should be.

You say people are praising him and fawning over him because he's perfect, but it seems like the reason you're complaining is because he's not perfect.

and that bashing comment was taken right out of a video, not directly to you.

i don't think anyone's having hissy fits :blink:

i think you just expect too much from mika :wink2: you just keep disappointing yourself..

you think mika's concert should be a certain way and you just have to face that he's not going to change it for one fan..

we all know mika isn't perfect and it just seems like you're the one that wants mika to be perfect and whenever he does something you don't like you fell like you have to tell the world for some reason. i just don't think this should've been it's own thread.. it would have been better just to post in one of the gig threads and not make a huge deal out of it :thumb_yello:

OH! and mika squawking around would be very entertaining you can't deny that! :naughty:

Yes it is your opinion, and I'm not having a hissy fit?

and I may be wrong, but it seems that you're not as appreciative for all of the opportunitiess you've had as you should be.

I didn't mean you with the hissy fit, it was just a general comment. It was meant to be a humorous exaggeration, sorry. :-P

Opportunities????

I paid for my tickets and went to see a show.

Mika hasn't, like, come to my house in the pouring rain to perform for me or anything.

Giving him the opportunity to do his job and make money is not something I feel I should be groveling on the ground in gratitude for.

Besides, why can't I appreciate him and yet point out how his performance could be better at the same time? It's not all or nothing.

Whenever he does something you don't like you fell like you have to tell the world for some reason.

Not whenever, only sometimes. :mf_rosetinted: For all you know there's plenty of other stuff I'm not talking about. :naughty: And that "some reason" may be because... gasp... this is a Mika forum! Where we come to talk about Mika! God forbid I want to share some thoughts about Mika on here that aren't just wondering about the tightness of his pants!

And I don't expect him to be perfect, I just think this is something he could do to improve his performance, and that he's more than clever enough to do it.

Plus I think my thread is far less negative than all the bitching about Saranayde.

--Jack

Opportunities????

Mika hasn't, like, come to my house in the pouring rain to perform for me or anything.

--Jack

:lmfao:

To quote my mother:

"Why should we drive that far to see Mika? Do you think he'd drive that far to see us?"

you don't have to make a thread though :fisch:

I hate when people say that. The whole "you can think what you want, you just don't have to say it."

If everyone followed that rule, there wouldn't even BE threads on this forum.

I take that back, there'd be ONE. It would be a newbie asking why there were no threads, and a bunch of us yelling at them to keep their thoughts private.

I hate when people say that. The whole "you can think what you want, you just don't have to say it."

I take that back, there'd be ONE. It would be a newbie asking why there were no threads, and a bunch of us yelling at them to keep their thoughts private.

Thank you, Sarie. :huglove:

I also thought that the point of a Mika messageboard was to, you know, discuss Mika.

--Jack

I am in fact planning to maybe not go anymore, although not just because of this specifically.

But when I said that, everybody got upset too.

And anyway, considering Mika needs more support in the US, and my suggestion would enable him to connect with more people without alienating any who are already fans, I think it is in fact rather more useful than just chirping about how lucky we are even to have him within our borders.

If anything, I'm the one looking out for his success here. "He does what he does and if you don't like it, boo!" is not the best tactic to increase his fanbase.

--Jack

Many of us have had a chance to personally connect with Mika, And we all didn't get there by expecting it to be out of a movie. Mika's human and most of us love that more than anything about him. This is completely your opinion and your decision weather you go to any more gigs or not but How I feel is, when he is singing that's where all of his greatest stories come out. If those little stories he tells on the side don't surpass the bigger story ( his performance) I don't understand your decision at all. And that's my opinion.:thumb_yello:

I think its great that we can talk about this with an open mind. Its just that its not too fair to people who have not seen him yet...that is sort of what I was getting at.........and it would be great if he would improv too! lots of fun! had to do that once in one of my performances because the wind blew my sheet music off the music stand:roftl: :roftl: but I am seeing him in 26 hours so.....well...its going to be spiritual no matter what:wub2: :wub2:

yup!

so we can discuss the topic , we can also disagree with it :cool:

i didn't see she didn't have to say it. i just don't see why a whole thread had to be started on this small subject :blink:

yup!

so we can discuss the topic , we can also disagree with it :cool:

Disagreeing is fine. I disagree all the time. I just don't like it when people think that because they don't agree with someone's opinion, that it shouldn't be discussed.

Many of us have had a chance to personally connect with Mika, And we all didn't get there by expecting it to be out of a movie. Mika's human and most of us love that more than anything about him. This is completely your opinion and your decision weather you go to any more gigs or not but How I feel is, when he is singing that's where all of his greatest stories come out. If those little stories he tells on the side don't surpass the bigger story ( his performance) I don't understand your decision at all. And that's my opinion.:thumb_yello:

...I'm not expecting a movie, geez. My point was "Oh gee, Mika, if would be nice if you did what a whole bunch of other artists also do and what tends to really improve the concert experience." I never said "Mika if you don't change this one thing right now, I am going to stop attending your shows."

My decision to go or not go to gigs is not because I hate his stage banter though; I just threw that in there because people say "if you don't like his shows, don't go!" but if I say "yeah, so I'm not gonna go," they all get upset anyway.

--Jack

i didn't see she didn't have to say it. i just don't see why a whole thread had to be started on this small subject :blink:

It's not exactly a small subject... it has 16 pages already.

And you keep contributing.:naughty: Zing!

I didn't mean you with the hissy fit, it was just a general comment. It was meant to be a humorous exaggeration, sorry. :-P

Opportunities????

Giving him the opportunity to do his job and make money is not something I feel I should be groveling on the ground in gratitude for.

Besides, why can't I appreciate him and yet point out how his performance could be better at the same time? It's not all or nothing.

Ha, I don't think he's come to any of our houses in the rain, but everyone else still seems to be thankful for putting on awesome shows and taking the time out to even come here, it's not something he has to do.

And I think going to see him in concert is an opportunity in itself. There are plenty of people on here that can say that they've tried to get tickets and couldnt, or just haven't been able to go for one reason or another, so to be lucky enough to do that is an opportunity in itself.

I just think you pointing out something that he's doing to try to connect with the audience and make them feel more welcome is almost redunent, his job isn't to tell storys and make witty remarks, it's to put on a show.

you got me :lmfao: it was until i came and contaminated it? :blush-anim-cl:

Then stop arguing! If you just agree with Jack, things will go alot quicker and you won't make as many posts. *doh!*

Oh my goodness people are being hard on Jack! :blink:

totally agree :thumb_yello:

Plus I think my thread is far less negative than all the bitching about Saranayde.

You're allowed to slaughter the peacock. Just don't diss the chicken.

:roftl: Too true.