Mika, each time you repeat one of your soundbites on stage, I like you a little less.

JackViolet

Seriously. You're so good at everything else, can't you drop the painfully staged scripts and engage in some spontaneous stage banter, like in SLC?

I was really moved by your quote about radio play and live shows in Philly because it was new, and seemed genuine. I joked that I would bet you'd be repeating it at every show since, but of course you are. Yes, it was a good bit, but not as a "bit"--it was only moving and good as something earnest and real. I had thought your slight hesitation prior to saying it was because you were disclosing something vulnerable, a confession of sorts--not because you were trying to remember the latest addition to your script.

The overly-worn Billy Brown bit just makes me grind my teeth at this point.

--Jack

like his stuck in the middles screw up? i understand your point, his jokes and bits get old!:naughty:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Jack,

You were right.

:giveup:

I take back my first response to this thread. This thread has been in the back of my mind ever since, and I've been paying attention to this at several shows I've been to since then... Creature, Kate Nash, Adele... you're right. He should be able to talk to us. He does need to loosen up a bit. The scripted banter isn't genuine. My first response was basically "give him a break, it's his first year" etc etc. But no. You were right.

Seriously. You're so good at everything else, can't you drop the painfully staged scripts and engage in some spontaneous stage banter, like in SLC?

I was really moved by your quote about radio play and live shows in Philly because it was new, and seemed genuine. I joked that I would bet you'd be repeating it at every show since, but of course you are. Yes, it was a good bit, but not as a "bit"--it was only moving and good as something earnest and real. I had thought your slight hesitation prior to saying it was because you were disclosing something vulnerable, a confession of sorts--not because you were trying to remember the latest addition to your script.

--Jack

• 2 months later...
Guest EMILIE CELINE

--Jack

Any available videos about the SLC spontaneous quote ?

Anyone ? Anyone ?

Guest EMILIE CELINE
I'm totally late on this, AND barging in unexpectedly (I'm sure :naughty:), and I did not read the last 15ish pages, but did we mention his "unplanned" hitting himself in the face with the mic at least 4 times a week on stage? :sneaky2:

How self destructive it can get to thoroughly plan out your shows. Must we resort to that, Mika? :mf_rosetinted:

He is a mannequin, just a control freak, hence insecure. Do anybody know any control freak who isn't ?

Some, very rare artists just don't speak a word apart from their band's names, they are there to perform, full stop. Should we suggest it to Mika ?

Guest EMILIE CELINE
I'm totally late on this, AND barging in unexpectedly (I'm sure :naughty:), and I did not read the last 15ish pages, but did we mention his "unplanned" hitting himself in the face with the mic at least 4 times a week on stage? :sneaky2:

How self destructive it can get to thoroughly plan out your shows. Must we resort to that, Mika? :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry, read : "He is NOT a mannequin"

:lmao:

The only thing worse than a troll is a horribly transparent one. What fun is that when you can see them coming a mile off?

I know! We'll eventually love our troll sniffing abilities if they drop the bar so low. One needs a bit of good old practice to keep the skill up :roftl: