Tone on the Mfc

pinkunicorn123

Maybe but I have never experienced it like that :sad:. If we didn't shout this out loudly from time to time, it would probably only get worse and worse until we end up in chaos. :boxed:

(Hell, you've been busy.)

Without causing more trouble here...i have to say i agree,

It takes a thread like this to allow people to feel they can voice their concerns and to bring awareness to others that some people view their posts in such a way.

I know specifics arent being mentioned, but that in itself, although not helpful to moderators, means that this discussion is not limited to certain members and therefore applies to everyone.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I've been here a long time, and many are familiar with who I am, I get "ignored" on some of my posts. But "ignored" doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Yes it is nice to see your post "quoted" because it gives you a sense of being acknowledged, but I often enter mid-way into an already established discussion and I understand why. Also, I think about my own behaviour and I often don't "quote" many posts that I've read and found interesting because it was pages ago....and the discussion topic has changed. Or, I don't quote because it feels like I'm committing to a discussion with someone and I am really just lurking because I'm in the middle of making dinner or I'm at work and I'd feel rude just to have to leave in the middle of it all....

I know this point I'm making is not the gist of the this thread, but I thought I'd voice a perspective on legitimate reasons for feeling "ignored".

These are really good points Suzy, well worth quoting :naughty: .

I understand what you are saying and I'm sure may others do too.

And about the feeling rude because you are leaving a discussion abruptly...that's something I worry about too. It's worth people noting the reasons why people might just suddenly disappear from a conversation, that they are not necessarily being rude or ignoring anyone. It may just be that they've forgotten they have to pick up the kids from school, or that the dinner is burning in the oven and they just have to GO!!! :naughty:

It takes a thread like this to allow people to feel they can voice their concerns and to bring awareness to others that some people view their posts in such a way.

I know specifics arent being mentioned, but that in itself, although not helpful to moderators, means that this discussion is not limited to certain members and therefore applies to everyone.

How DARE you agree with me!!!! :annoyed_h4h::roftl::naughty:

In addition to your last paragraph: after having felt like :boxed::tears::boxed: for quite a time after some obviously-not-the-general-opinion-posts, I came up with the idea that my posts might have at least made certain others notice that there are other opinions. I hope it made some people think about it.

Maybe but I have never experienced it like that :sad:. If we didn't shout this out loudly from time to time, it would probably only get worse and worse until we end up in chaos. :boxed:

(Hell, you've been busy.)

Oh yes.. very busy.. :naughty:

I've experienced it cause I'm a mod... and nothing bad against Pink, but the usual thing is the talk goes in circles... so don't mind me if I seem a little pessimistic...

If it gets people more aware of what they're posting and also how they read other people's posts, then that's great..

Don't get me wrong, I agree... the sad thing is, it gets better for a while (esp when Mika's touring), but when there's off time, it goes back to where it was...

Then again, maybe I'm turning a bit cynical..

I think what frustrates mods in general (and again, nothing against you) is that people won't report posts or tell the mods... then it comes up like it did here when someone opens a thread about it...

Really... we do want to know if people are being harassed... we can't fix it if people don't tell us if there's a problem..

But I also think that people can take issues to PM if they're having a rather heated discussion with someone... 9 times out of 10 it can be sorted out there without the need for mod intervention... if it doesn;t get solved there, talk to a mod...

I started reading this thread from when it started last night.....I find it very interesting to read everyones opinions on this subject.......I'm also glad it wasn't closed because people need to discuss this sort of thing.

I have come across certain threads like these....but I usually don't bother getting into it....... or replying again and again....unless someone attacks me for no apparent reason....then I do post within reason and respect......but never being nasty/sarcastic.

I find some sarcasm on here not very nice at all.:shocked:

I mean everyone has their own opinion...it shouldn't result in nastiness.

I've been members of other forums before and I've had such horrible hostile people in the past........

This is by far the most friendliest I've ever been on!!!

Even though I've been here a long time, and many are familiar with who I am, I get "ignored" on some of my posts. But "ignored" doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Yes it is nice to see your post "quoted" because it gives you a sense of being acknowledged, but I often enter mid-way into an already established discussion and I understand why. Also, I think about my own behaviour and I often don't "quote" many posts that I've read and found interesting because it was pages ago....and the discussion topic has changed. Or, I don't quote because it feels like I'm committing to a discussion with someone and I am really just lurking because I'm in the middle of making dinner or I'm at work and I'd feel rude just to have to leave in the middle of it all....

I know this point I'm making is not the gist of the this thread, but I thought I'd voice a perspective on legitimate reasons for feeling "ignored".

I do agree with the being ignored bit - sometimes the thread just moves so fast, or your post is down the bottom of the page and a new page starts - people can miss them.

But sometimes i have seen a newbie/someone who English isnt their first language, even one of our regular posters, asking a question and it not getting answered - but then again, i dont think theyre being ignored intentionally - some people might leave it to someone else to answer, or they might not really understand what they wrote if their English is a bit broken up.

However, I don't think it had to do with the fact that he was criticised but due to the fact that he was criticised for something beyond his control (i.e. spontaneity)...

Totally off topic, but it's not beyond Mika's control at all unless he's obsessive-compulsive to the point where he can't let a moment of his show out of his control without having an anxiety attack. Since I saw him relaxed and engaging in spontaneous banter in March of last year I can't imagine any possible reason he is unable to do it now.

It seemed that a lot of people in the thread took issue with the topic because they thought Jack only started it for the purpose of dogging on Mika. Given the phrasing of the thread title I can understand why that's the case, but you can't really counter that with arguments about why he can't engage in spontaneous banter.

If I thought Jack was just dogging on Mika I'd probably ignore her or just state that I don't think the lack of spontaneous banter is important enough to warrant anyone saying they dislike him because of it - rather than try to provide Mika with excuses as to why he can't or shouldn't do something that would obviously improve his show.

Recently though I've felt more confident about expressing my views and opposing others' views, and that's partly because I sense the forum has lately become a little more critical of Mika in general

Really? I'm finding compared to the summer it's been a virtual Mika lovefest since the start of the Dodgy Holiday Tour. Prior to that people were criticizing his videos in great detail, angry about cancellations, etc.

Now the most common complaint seems to be that he curls his hair too tight at awards shows.

i wish i could just tell everyone "don't take things too seriously, it's just the internet", but i know that would be a somewhat ignorant statement...

I don't think it's ignorant. I think it's good advice.

Well I agree, and that's the only thing that matters! :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

Even though I've been here a long time, and many are familiar with who I am, I get "ignored" on some of my posts. But "ignored" doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing.

I'm going to quote Suzy for the sake of showing her some love. But she'll probably disappear back to real life and won't notice anyway. :sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I find funny (not 'ha ha' funny, but strange funny)... we were talking about how some people feel attacked when they demonstrate a differing opinion or comment on something they think is strange about a week ago... it's funny how it is still happening... and it's very obvious...

I just thought I'd share my thoughts on it...

And I hope no-one gets offended by it...

You know what I find funny (not 'ha ha' funny, but strange funny)... we were talking about how some people feel attacked when they demonstrate a differing opinion or comment on something they think is strange about a week ago... it's funny how it is still happening... and it's very obvious...

You read my mind, i was about to say the same thing.

I have seen some extremely offensive and obvious posts over the last few days after the concert queuing problems....people arent even hiding it anymore.

You read my mind, i was about to say the same thing.

I have seen some extremely offensive and obvious posts over the last few days after the concert queuing problems....people arent even hiding it anymore.

I am just back - and reading through the threads is ...............well,

interesting!! Hostility, disappointment and anger - and not wrapped

in the normal "smilies" sugar either!!!!

Uh huh. I've felt very uncomfortable around certain members in the last week - and i did feel like i was picked on (for want of a better phrase) by one member. But me and Freddie talked about that.

And they're gone now evidently, so i feel better. I might venture out of the British thread or the bar once in a while.... but for now i feel safe in there. :bleh: :bleh:

Uh huh. I've felt very uncomfortable around certain members in the last week - and i did feel like i was picked on (for want of a better phrase) by one member. But me and Freddie talked about that.

And they're gone now evidently, so i feel better. I might venture out of the British thread or the bar once in a while.... but for now i feel safe in there. :bleh: :bleh:

:sad: .. you can talk to me if i ever make you feel bad!

:sad: .. you can talk to me if i ever make you feel bad!

Now since when would you ever make me feel bad?! You're great! :bleh:

I just wished that whatever issues people have in their real lives, that they wouldn't take it out on us here :boxed:

And even if you're not involved in an argument on here, its still not nice to be around - i come on here to get away from the day, relax (lol) and stuff - i don't want to be around that kind of thing.

Its in almost every thread now! :boxed:

I just wished that whatever issues people have in their real lives, that they wouldn't take it out on us here :boxed:

And even if you're not involved in an argument on here, its still not nice to be around - i come on here to get away from the day, relax (lol) and stuff - i don't want to be around that kind of thing.

Pop into the Oldlings - we are all friendly in there - and we dont argue!! :thumb_yello:

:wub2: Thanks, Sarah you are too. I've just been cranky lately and i can't tell when i'm being cranky or not :roftl:

Ehm, what happened to the great collection of smileys etc? O.o It's a great way to 'show' bodylanguage, at least a little bit. As you can see, I use it all the time ^^;; And many others do too, generally the anima-loving part of the internet world. It's pretty easy to understand, and it helps a lot if you're trying to tell something in a way you can't show with only words.

• 3 months later...

I had an exam today and because of that I did not have the chance to follow everything that was going on on the MFC for the last few days.

It is in

NO FRICKING WAY

appropriate

to treat members they way they were treated in the Luke Juby thread.

What were you thinking?