Mika Interview @ InfoPlus

lcmlcm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pnpo0JTdK8

by CaroLollipop

translation from the comment

"he was saying how not everyone likes his music and then gave an example about when he was in Australia and he was with his mom in a shop when his song came on and he got all happy and started singing along when these teenagers came by and were like "OMG look at that guy." with a disgusted look."

u aussie scare him away again :roftl: :roftl:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pnpo0JTdK8

by CaroLollipop

translation from the comment

"he was saying how not everyone likes his music and then gave an example about when he was in Australia and he was with his mom in a shop when his song came on and he got all happy and started singing along when these teenagers came by and were like "OMG look at that guy." with a disgusted look."

u aussie scare him away again :roftl: :roftl:

Oh thank you! I think the interviewer also asked him if he'd ever record an album or song in French. (I only took one year of French, so I could be wrong.) And what did he answer?

Actually I believe he said he went into a club with his friends (the band) (I did not hear him talking about his mother...), and his song came on and he started dancing and singing along and the girls told him he was such a bad singer or something. There is a thread or two about it somewhere, it happened in Australia last year and got a write up in a newspaper or somweher.... and this interview came up while he was in Canada last month.

Presenter: Mika's life has enormously changed since the release of his album LICM, that's now double platinum in Canada. Yesterday, he gave a huge show at the centre Bell, and I met him a couple of hours before his performance.

Girl- Huge show tonight at the centre Bell, and you've promised us a circus... why a circus?

M - First of all, the visual aspect of the circus is sthg that interests me because I tried my best to give my album a visual component that was quite apart. And it's important for me to have the same thing on stage, during my tour.

Secondly, my music is quite flamboyant, colourful, "in your face". But, at the same time, the stories I tell are a bit sad. The topics are universal, and very "authentic".

Girl - I heard that last time you were here you met Luc Plamandon, whose work you like, and that you might collaborate with him on song in French... so ?

Mika - He came to the club Soda one year ago, he also came to see my show in Paris. We'll see. I'd love to sing in French, but it ain't easy.

Girl - You said that the bad side of celebrity is that it's harder for you to get a date now because everybody knows you.

Mika - not everybody.

(end in a minute sorry :naughty: )

P.S. Luc Plamandon is a canadian song writer, mostly famous for his musicals.

Girl - *giggles*

Mika - No, really, not everybody! Some time ago I was in this club in Australia with my friends. It was 3 AM. They played my song and we started laughing, and I started singing along to my song. And the three people who were next to us, whom we didnt know, really looked down on me! And I thought to myself: "they don't even know it's me who sings that song".

There. Sorry for the English, i've just woken up and I can't think straight. :naughty:

Girl - You said that the bad side of celebrity is that it's harder for you to get a date now because everybody knows you.

Mika - not everybody.

Girl - *giggles*

Hmm....is the Mikster trying to steer the conversation away from the you're-famous-so-you're-stuck-being-single line of questioning? :naughty:

Thanks for the translation, Niki!