The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you guys can make it over, would be really cool to meet you all. I'm going to Amsterdam to hang out with Blue, Diana, Rockinbizz and Ingie. Looking forward to it big time.

:punk:

Starrats, Queenie, Niki27 and Freddie D will be there too!

I would love to but then, after the recent threads, the european tour is frightening me! BUT, meeting all the MFCers would be alot of fun!

But we're delightful, I assure you! :naughty:

:punk:

Starrats, Queenie, Niki27 and Freddie D will be there too!

But we're delightful, I assure you! :naughty:

hello Diana!

how are you?

it would be great to meet all of you.

Are Amsterdam shows more... well-behaved?

Hello, Diana. I am sure you are delightful! It was nice, though, to see him in a small-ish venue. The big shows, like stadiums, I find myself watching the performer on the big screen because they are a small dot in the distance!

hello Diana!

how are you?

I guess I've kinda missed out on something, are you saying that Europeans are not well behaved?

Or is this something to do with the hullabaloo that has been going on around here recently that apparently i'm pretty much blissfully ignorant of?

hello Diana!

how are you?

Hola! I'm good and you?

Well there's only been one show in Amsterdam so far.. which took place in November.

The queue was brilliant. I got there at around 3 (if I remember correctly) and briefly said hi to the girls at the front. Then I decided it was waaaaay too cold to queue so my friend and I went to a cafe.

We joined the queue again at 6pm (doors opened at 6.30). There weren't that many people there.

Actually the security guys were brilliant, when the doors opened they told us to put our hands in the air and not hold on to eachother.

That made everything run smoothly. Once inside we had to go through the security check and everyone waiting patiently, no pushing whatsoever.

Then we got inside.. I was 3rd or 4th row I don't remember exactly.

Very close anyway.. I wasn't pushed once during the entire show.

There was even room to dance a little.

To be honest, I don't think it will be the same at the Westerpark since Mika IS bigger now.. and twice as many people will be there..

But I do hope at least the queuing situation will be as civilized as it was a couple of months ago.

I guess I've kinda missed out on something, are you saying that Europeans are not well behaved?

Or is this something to do with the hullabaloo that has been going on around here recently that apparently i'm pretty much blissfully ignorant of?

yes, that's what I'm referring to.

I'm not saying Europeans aren't well-behaved, not at all, it's just that the reports we got back from London last week painted an unflattering picture.

I've never been off this continent, so I honestly don't know- were those just extra-rowdy crowds last week?

Rose, wish I could.

It would be an honor to meet you!

I have long admired your ensemble.

Will you be previewing a new one in Amsterdam?

Thank you, it would be a pleasure to meet you too.

I will be previewing the new one in Amsterdam, and I left a message with Saranayde to warn Mika it will be there. Still not telling him what it is though. He'll find out when I'm good and ready;-)LOL!

yes, that's what I'm referring to.

I'm not saying Europeans aren't well-behaved, not at all, it's just that the reports we got back from London last week painted an unflattering picture.

I've never been off this continent, so I honestly don't know- were those just extra-rowdy crowds last week?

Yah I don't think I want to even get involved in it. I'm just new here, I have no place in debates of behavioural science of MFC'ers :)

I've never been off continent either. I just want us all to love Mika together in peace.

Although, being a part of an online group before, I found that the bigger it got, the harder it was to keep control of everything, and soon it fizzled and died, cause everyone stopped coming. I sure hope that doesn't happen here, because this site is about MIKA, who is all about love and peace and everyone getting along with everyone else, despite differences of all sorts.

So everyone, please, stop fighting and lets just remember we're here to LOVE!!! BIG MIKA LOVE EVERYONE!!

Hola! I'm good and you?

Well there's only been one show in Amsterdam so far.. which took place in November.

The queue was brilliant. I got there at around 3 (if I remember correctly) and briefly said hi to the girls at the front. Then I decided it was waaaaay too cold to queue so my friend and I went to a cafe.

We joined the queue again at 6pm (doors opened at 6.30). There weren't that many people there.

Actually the security guys were brilliant, when the doors opened they told us to put our hands in the air and not hold on to eachother.

That made everything run smoothly. Once inside we had to go through the security check and everyone waiting patiently, no pushing whatsoever.

Then we got inside.. I was 3rd or 4th row I don't remember exactly.

Very close anyway.. I wasn't pushed once during the entire show.

There was even room to dance a little.

To be honest, I don't think it will be the same at the Westerpark since Mika IS bigger now.. and twice as many people will be there..

But I do hope at least the queuing situation will be as civilized as it was a couple of months ago.

Hullo!! It sounds like you had a good experience :) I hope my experience will be good too :) Nice to meet you by the way, Diana, I'm Crystal :)

Thank you, it would be a pleasure to meet you too.

I will be previewing the new one in Amsterdam, and I left a message with Saranayde to warn Mika it will be there. Still not telling him what it is though. He'll find out when I'm good and ready;-)LOL!

You could whisper it to us.:roftl: I can't wait for your report!

Yah I don't think I want to even get involved in it. I'm just new here, I have no place in debates of behavioural science of MFC'ers :)

I've never been off continent either. I just want us all to love Mika together in peace.

Although, being a part of an online group before, I found that the bigger it got, the harder it was to keep control of everything, and soon it fizzled and died, cause everyone stopped coming. I sure hope that doesn't happen here, because this site is about MIKA, who is all about love and peace and everyone getting along with everyone else, despite differences of all sorts.

So everyone, please, stop fighting and lets just remember we're here to LOVE!!! BIG MIKA LOVE EVERYONE!!

I second that Crystal.

never mind, I withdraw my comment!

I didn't want to get into all that, sorry!

but I don't see true Mika fans fizzling out any time soon.

Hello, Diana. I am sure you are delightful! It was nice, though, to see him in a small-ish venue. The big shows, like stadiums, I find myself watching the performer on the big screen because they are a small dot in the distance!

How big was the venue you saw him in?

The Amsterdam one has a capacity of 5500 if I'm not mistaken.

Hullo!! It sounds like you had a good experience :) I hope my experience will be good too :) Nice to meet you by the way, Diana, I'm Crystal :)

Yeah it was fantastic!

Nice to meet you too. :)

Are you a proper oldling or an invader like me? :naughty:

I second that Crystal.

*hugs* thanks :)

Yeah it was fantastic!

Nice to meet you too. :)

Are you a proper oldling or an invader like me? :naughty:

No I'm actually and oldling, just barely though, 34 :)

I study social work and do work experience at a psychiatric facility.

The people I work with have a double diagnosis (addiction + psychiatric disorder).

They're the "lost causes" as they say, they'll never kick their addictions.

Anyway, I love them they're super sweet. I talk for hours with them every week.

Where do you work then?

That would have been beyond brilliant! :mf_rosetinted:

Hey Diana, I am back....to reply to your Q: I worked in an acute care hospital for 18 years (pediatrics, surgery, medicine, day surgery....) then me old knees couldn't keep up the pace, so I went to what is called TeleHealth Ontario - registered nurses give health advice/teaching over the telephone.

Sounds like your work is very challenging and rewarding too. The patients must love you. :blush-anim-cl: How sad to be labeled as a "lost cause".

I second that Crystal.

I'm not going anywhere, heh heh!

Except of course to bed shortly after a nice cup of tea.

So I'll say goodnight.

Diana-

House of Blues WAS electrified that night!

I was in very first row, just left of center, it has wood floors & cool old balconies. My friend was up in balcony, he said- the joint was literally "jumping " that night, the floors & balconies shook!

It was the best concert I've EVER been to, by far.

He reached out & touched my hand during Love Today!

(well, about 10 other squealing girls in the front row, also, but my memory just edits them out)

I think it was for 1000 to 1500, I think. Fairly small club type venue. I didn't actually get to see him, though. The atmosphere was electric!

That's quite small indeed!

With didn't get to see him you mean you didn't meet him afterwards?

Or you didn't actually see the stage?

No I'm actually and oldling, just barely though, 34 :)

Aw you're still a baby. :naughty:

Hey Diana, I am back....to reply to your Q: I worked in an acute care hospital for 18 years (pediatrics, surgery, medicine, day surgery....) then me old knees couldn't keep up the pace, so I went to what is called TeleHealth Ontario - registered nurses give health advice/teaching over the telephone.

Sounds like your work is very challenging and rewarding too. The patients must love you. :blush-anim-cl: How sad to be labeled as a "lost cause".

Welcome back!

Your job sounds really interesting, must be rewarding for you aswell being able to help people on a daily basis!

My work (experience) isn't really challenging.. I find it much easier to interact with them than how people initially warned me it would be.

Today I spent 3,5 hours chatting with these two guys.. about anything and everything!

They chose to be lost causes themselves though.. It's not like they couldn't get any more help, they just didn't want it anymore.

Most of them just get meds and check-ups but no real therapy.

It's not our job to get them off drugs or alcohol either.. It's more to keep a check on things.. because this is really the only place they still visit.

(They get coffee, cigarettes etc.)

So I'll say goodnight.

Nighty-night, (ex-) Penguin Queen, lol, soon to be _______??? A tiny hint perhaps, Rose? Animal, vegetable, mineral? :naughty:

Hey peeps, I gotta go, i don't know for how long yet, I just got some really bad news about my kitty, and I think I have to go home this weekend, and I just need to process some information in my head right now, so i'll be back later.

So I'll say goodnight.

Night Rose!

Diana-

House of Blues WAS electrified that night!

I was in very first row, just left of center, it has wood floors & cool old balconies. My friend was up in balcony, he said- the joint was literally "jumping " that night, the floors & balconies shook!

It was the best concert I've EVER been to, by far.

He reached out & touched my hand during Love Today!

(well, about 10 other squealing girls in the front row, also, but my memory just edits them out)

That sounds fantastic! :punk:

Haha I love your last sentence. It's sort of the same thing as "he looked straight into my eyes for 5 seconds!" being said by every single girl in the front couple of rows. :naughty: