The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

I read that with interest weealx - the main reason I started the

petition in the first place was so that we could find out about

cancellations a bit faster than when folk were already at the venue.

Some folk, with young children, were let down last minute - and it

caused a lot of unhappy fans. That was the main reason for asking

to be considered as official - the benefits etc were only brought up

recently - and we were unaware of anything fantastic coming out

of this - until we were told so recently.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Weeaxl, it was to do with information. There were lots of occasions last year when people made very long and expensive journeys only to find out, far too late that the gig was cancelled :shocked:

There was a ridiculous situation involving the vodafone TBA gig in Manchester when fans were told an hour before that 'anyone' could go.........infuriating for people that had been desperate to go but didn't stand any chance at that point to get there in time :shocked:

The Big Chill festival was cancelled with just a few hours to go (well, Mika's apperance anyway). peole had spent a LOT of money on that one. And that is just a few examples from the UK..there were numerous others. So really it was about better communication and hopefully getting advance notice of ticket sales etc. Itwas never really about 'advantages' and perks, not originally , but I do understand your point of view :thumb_yello:

They are great - and this is the Oldlings - there is no "off topic"

here!! :roftl: :roftl:

that's why I love the Oldlings

:wink2:

I wasn't there, can I still go look? :P

Ofcourse you can!

:roftl: :roftl:

.. and I hope you will enjoy them as much as the people that were there (some are still upset about ... ) I personally would like to be as far as possible from this whole debate and just enjoy the memories..

:thumb_yello:

Guest clementine del'hermuziere

Mika is like a disney's world with his colors!! Mika at parc des princes is beautiful !!!:punk:

Ofcourse you can!

:roftl: :roftl:

.. and I hope you will enjoy them as much as the people that were there (some are still upset about ... ) I personally would like to be as far as possible from this whole debate and just enjoy the memories..

Any thing MIKA these days is absolutely fantastic :) I love that boy. He's amazing :) Thanks for Sharing :) mind if I friend you?

I read that with interest weealx - the main reason I started the

petition in the first place was so that we could find out about

cancellations a bit faster than when folk were already at the venue.

Some folk, with young children, were let down last minute - and it

caused a lot of unhappy fans. That was the main reason for asking

to be considered as official - the benefits etc were only brought up

recently - and we were unaware of anything fantastic coming out

of this - until we were told so recently.

I understand the frustrations of late notice of cancelled gigs, another way to look at it would be if book to fly with an airline and the flight is cancelled, would you wish to start an official fan club to be notified earlier of cancelled flights.

weealx is now being controvercial.

HAMSTERJAM accomodation now booked, 'aint no stoppin' me and the mika-lings now

Mika is like a disney's world with his colors!! Mika at parc des princes is beautiful !!!:punk:

See you there! Welcome to the Oldlings!:thumb_yello:

I understand the frustrations of late notice of cancelled gigs' date=' another way to look at it would be if book to fly with an airline and the flight is cancelled, would you wish to start an official fan club to be notified earlier of cancelled flights.

Well, at least one gets an email in such circumstances which is more than we got last year frm camp Mika!:naughty:

Ok Folks, got to go......Racha, love the pics!:thumb_yello:

Sweet dreams everyone!:wub2:

Originally Weeaxl, it was to do with information. There were lots of occasions last year when people made very long and expensive journeys only to find out, far too late that the gig was cancelled :shocked:

There was a ridiculous situation involving the vodafone TBA gig in Manchester when fans were told an hour before that 'anyone' could go.........infuriating for people that had been desperate to go but didn't stand any chance at that point to get there in time :shocked:

The Big Chill festival was cancelled with just a few hours to go (well, Mika's apperance anyway). peole had spent a LOT of money on that one. And that is just a few examples from the UK..there were numerous others. So really it was about better communication and hopefully getting advance notice of ticket sales etc. Itwas never really about 'advantages' and perks, not originally , but I do understand your point of view :thumb_yello:

perhaps it has more to do with the festival organisers, not unknown to have bands names appear on litterature before actually being confirmed.

that's why I love the Oldlings

:wink2:

Ofcourse you can!

Come in any time Racha and enjoy your memories!! :wub2:

Sorry Wendi, I had a feeling that we would probably be repeating each other!:roftl:

Old folks that we are!!! :naughty:

Mika is like a disney's world with his colors!! Mika at parc des princes is beautiful !!!

Welcome Clementine!! :thumb_yello:

I understand the frustrations of late notice of cancelled gigs' date=' another way to look at it would be if book to fly with an airline and the flight is cancelled, would you wish to start an official fan club to be notified earlier of cancelled flights.

With an airline refunds would be offered - and compensation paid for

some expenses - a gig is different in that unless its a last minute

illness then some warning can be given. Fans buy the music and

travel to the gigs, a little information is not a lot to ask!!

*are you working for John?* :mf_rosetinted:

perhaps it has more to do with the festival organisers, not unknown to have bands names appear on litterature before actually being confirmed.

True....butthese were VERY late cancellations, it was more to do with Mika and his voice suffering............he did SO many dates last year and it took it's toll:shocked: He WAS confirmed....but sometimes pulled out at the last minute..and on that note I must leave before I make a 'Friday night' comment!:naughty:

True....butthese were VERY late cancellations, it was more to do with Mika and his voice suffering............he did SO many dates last year and it took it's toll:shocked: He WAS confirmed....but sometimes pulled out at the last minute..and on that note I must leave before I make a 'Friday night' comment!:naughty:

Naughty Kath :mf_rosetinted:

See you later :wub2:

Hellooooo all - who pulled out ?? what ???

here she is!

ciao carri!

and bye kath....you seem to have called out loud for carri and then disappear!:naughty:

so much for the fanclub...i just want to be called Mika official fan club...it sounds good to my ears! :naughty:

here she is!

ciao carri!

and bye kath....you seem to have called out loud for carri and then disappear!:naughty:

so much for the fanclub...i just want to be called Mika official fan club...it sounds good to my ears! :naughty:

what what what have I missed?? no officialness ??

just gonna read back and try to watch crufts - yup Ben Fogle kath :naughty:

Hi racha

Did you have a camel on Thursday? If you did then I saw you!

I've said nice photos on the other thread but again, nice photos.

Hi carri, wendi, who else? -robi, hi.

kath posting again good. dare I ask what the problem was?

And bab's back! Hurrah. And kata. And yop.

DONE!

OMG>...Looking through your pictures...you met Paulo Coeloho!?!??!??!?!!!!!

I JUST read 2 of his books last week, well 3 really, The Alchemist, Veronika Decides to Die, and Warrior of Light!! He's an amazing author!!

Hi racha

Did you have a camel on Thursday? If you did then I saw you!

I've said nice photos on the other thread but again, nice photos.

Hi carri, wendi, who else?

kath posting again good. dare I ask what the problem was?

And bab's back! Hurrah. And kata.

Hi Ruth!!:thumb_yello:

Good Day Oldlings and Others!

It's a sunny and cold day here (apparently Mika's fave weather :naughty: )

Here's a little teeny tiny video clip of Kinsey with her beaver toy outside today....

Patty

P.S. feeling glad for the excitement of those going to Hamsterdam

Sad for those of us not :tears: boohooo