Happy women's day!!!

Ina

Can't believe noone mentioned this before me!?

Happy women's day, girls!:arf2: :arf2: :arf2:

Today is exactly 100 years since the first "important" 8th of March in 1908. And we must not forget about it!!!:wink2:

Happywomensday.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe noone mentioned this, before me!?

Today is exactly 100 years since the first "important" 8th of March in 1908. And we must not forget about it!!!:wink2:

Happywomensday.jpg

I had no idea! It's our day! :yay:

dcdeb

Happywomensday.jpg

hahahaha... it's soooo cute!!!! HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY EVERYONE (men are not included in that staement)

I haven't forgotten so much as I have never known ...

*joins in the general confusion and interest* :blink:

What is Women's Day? What happened on Marth 8th 1908?

*has just realised she officially has missed womens day by 2 minutes, her time* :tears:

I have no idea what Womens Day is - or what happened on

the 8th March :blink:

On the 8. of March in 1908. there's been a demonstration in New York. 15 000 working women went on streets and demanded to have equal rights as men, to have a right to vote, and 8-houres working time, per day (they use to work much longer than 8 houres). In 1910. the 8. of March was declared as International day of women's rights! That's what happened!!!:wink2:

I tought it's celebrated everywhere in the world...I mean...it should be!!! Guess I was wrong...

On the 8. of March in 1908. there's been a demonstration in New York. 15 000working women went on streets and demanded to have equal rights as men, to have a right to vote, and 8-houres working time, per day (they use to work much longer than 8 houres). In 1910. the 8. of March was declared as International day of women's rights! That's what happened!!!:wink2:

that is an urban legend. the reality is worse

Among other relevant historic events, it commemorates the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire (New York, 1911), where over 140 women, mostly italians and hebrews, lost their lives. :mf_rosetinted:

On the 8. of March in 1908. there's been a demonstration in New York. 15 000 working women went on streets and demanded to have equal rights as men, to have a right to vote, and 8-houres working time, per day (they use to work much longer than 8 houres). In 1910. the 8. of March was declared as International day of women's rights! That's what happened!!!:wink2:

I tought it's celebrated everywhere in the world...I mean...it should be!!! Guess I was wrong...

Thanks for telling me :thumb_yello: I had no idea - and did not want to

Google "Happy Womens Day" in case I got some dodgy sites!!! :naughty:

Happywomensday.jpg

Oh thanks! I'm talking about it all day but i thought some guy will make a thred four us:naughty:

Happy Women's day to you too!:wink2:

that is an urban legend. the reality is worse

Among other relevant historic events, it commemorates the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire (New York, 1911), where over 140 women, mostly italians and hebrews, lost their lives. :mf_rosetinted:

"The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York City on March 25, 1911, was the largest industrial disaster in the history of the city of New York, causing the death of 148 garment workers who either died from the fire or jumped to their deaths.The fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, which fought for better working conditions for sweatshop workers in that industry."

It also influenced this, but it happened later. Right?

:biggrin2: WE celebrate International Womens Day here too !!!!!!! :thumb_yello::huglove: ... to all of our women friends !!! :wub2:

HAPPY-INT-WOMENS-DAY2.jpg

HAPPY WOMENS' DAY EVERYONE!!!

i thought all the world was celebrating this and knew the story...but also if you didn't know, now you do...so let's celebrate, all MFC women! :thumb_yello:

i'm going out tonight! and celebrate with a dear friend of mine.....:wink2:

HAPPY WOMENS' DAY EVERYONE!!!

i thought all the world was celebrating this and knew the story...but also if you didn't know, now you do...so let's celebrate, all MFC women! :thumb_yello:

i'm going out tonight! and celebrate with a dear friend of mine.....:wink2:

:biggrin2: YAAAAYYY ROBI !!!!! :thumb_yello::wub2:champagne-2.gif