help!

abz

i really need advice. i like mika alot, but none of my friends or anyone i know does. they think im weird, and make fun of me for it. does any1 know what i should do to change their minds?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really need advice. i like mika alot, but none of my friends or anyone i know does. they think im weird, and make fun of me for it. does any1 know what i should do to change their minds?

In this day and age, its impossible to change anyone's minds.

I think if you try and force the music on them it will make them more resistant.

It shouldnt matter that they don't like mika - you like him, and thats all there is to it :)

I wouldnt worry.

:thumb_yello: Right on PINK !!!!! :thumb_yello: Yes hun ....... YOU like Mika ..... enjoy that ...... we all like Mika for dif. reasons ..... experiences ..... we can't/won't put it on anyone else ..........:wub2:

thanx 4 all ur replies. you know those 'friends' i told u about? well, one was my stepsister, chani. she's actualy JOINED mfc, just to annoy me. if u see a member called chanz, don't beleve a word she says. she dosn't even like mika.:shocked:

thanx 4 all ur replies. you know those 'friends' i told u about? well, one was my stepsister, chani. she's actualy JOINED mfc, just to annoy me. if u see a member called chanz, don't beleve a word she says. she dosn't even like mika.:shocked:

Maybe after all this Mika exposure she will fall under his spell. :wink2:

Maybe after all this Mika exposure she will fall under his spell. :wink2:

she definetly dosnt. she says... well... she thinks he is gay.- not saying that there is anything wrong with gay people, but she makes fun of him for it.

she definetly dosnt. she says... well... she thinks he is gay.- not saying that there is anything wrong with gay people, but she makes fun of him for it.

To be it sounds like she is either homophobic or arguing for the sake of having a differing opinion - possibly both.

Either way, please don't worry about it and listen to the advice already given :)

i really need advice. i like mika alot, but none of my friends or anyone i know does. they think im weird, and make fun of me for it.

It was (well,still is) same with me...but luckily we have MFC:wub2:

And why would you even bother to change someones mind? It's theirs loss.You just keep on enjoing all happiness,love,brightness,joy...etc.that is spread by Mika and his music.:thumb_yello:

It was (well,still is) same with me...but luckily we have MFC:wub2:

And why would you even bother to change someones mind? It's theirs loss.You just keep on enjoing all happiness,love,brightness,joy...etc.that is spread by Mika and his music.:thumb_yello:

its the same with me aswell! they use to insult him all the time and turn off the tv or radio if he plays but now he is my ringtone and my message tone and i let it play as loud and for as long as i want!:biggrin2:

thank goodness for MFC

I have the exact same problem. I believe their exact words to me were you're a freak!!....oh, and one of my friends said "Mika's being irritates mine"....that's when I decided to join MFC:thumbdown:

Don't worry about it, they don't know what they're missing just stay true to who you are and if they're real friends they'll accept it...and anyway you have plenty of us to talk to about Mika now:biggrin2:

You shouldn't care what they think about you...they are not your real friends...we are! lol

I like opera and The Killers and i don't care if i'm a weirdo...i like being original

FREEDOM!

You shouldn't care what they think about you...they are not your real friends...we are! lol

I like opera and The Killers and i don't care if i'm a weirdo...i like being original

FREEDOM!

Well said.....I like anything and everything. I'm a weirdo and proud of it....it's good to be individual:biggrin2:

I bet there's music they like that you don't like. If they haven't realised that then maybe you could point it out nicely to them. No need for you to turn ugly just because they are doing it to you.

Anyway, if we all liked the same music there would never have been Alternative Music.. The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Sex Pistols (sorry FD:naughty:), Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Nirvana.. (list goes on...) All Bands/Artists that did something different would probably never have existed..

To be it sounds like she is either homophobic or arguing for the sake of having a differing opinion - possibly both.

Either way, please don't worry about it and listen to the advice already given :)

she could also be very immature or just young. But don't let her bother you because if she sees it does she will do it all the more, some people get a buzz out of annoying their friends like that. (just think to yourself, HER LOSS).

• 3 weeks later...
I bet there's music they like that you don't like. If they haven't realised that then maybe you could point it out nicely to them. No need for you to turn ugly just because they are doing it to you.

Anyway, if we all liked the same music there would never have been Alternative Music.. The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Sex Pistols (sorry FD:naughty:), Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Nirvana.. (list goes on...) All Bands/Artists that did something different would probably never have existed..

they do like other music, but i don't really have a leg to stand on. if i tried to tell them that i diddn't like the music they liked, they'd all gang up on me more.

I'm also the only mikafan here (and my sister too, but she has to :naughty: )

but my friens have no problem that I'm obsessed :naughty: We buy every week a magazine and the first thing that they do is searching if mika is in the magazine,

and my best friend with who I go to school by car has no problem that I listen to him in the car if it's not the whole time. She even loves "ring ring"!