MikaObsessed [YouTube] account suspended

CazGirl

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially the one where he talks about his life in 2 minutes.

That one lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGU46zH9tI

I wonder if it's a particular company (like in the case of the Brit Awards clips, it looks like the British Phonographic Industry was the one to ask YouTube to pull the plug) - or if this is coming down from Mika. :shocked:

I can't imagine that it is, but on the off chance - Mika, you crazy person! YouTube gets you MORE fans and MORE money! Embrace the power of the Interweb!

No, Caz is not Sou, Sou is Sandi, she doesn't drop by much anymore.

I don't know why everyone thinks it is Caz, she just posted the info about the account disappearing.:blink:

i even wrote on the front page that it was SOU who posted the bulletin :boxed:

:thumbdown: This is just terrible.....All the work that Sou put in it, all the pleasure that fans from all over got from watching those videos, all the new fans that Mika made by people who didn't know about him watching them...:blink:

All gone.

This is terrible.

I will give people a little hint.

Download the latest version of realplayer, it has a nice little feature that may come in handy while there are still "some" videos out there, before the remaining accounts are suspended.

No, Caz is not Sou, Sou is Sandi, she doesn't drop by much anymore.

I don't know why everyone thinks it is Caz, she just posted the info about the account disappearing.:blink:

Sounds like typical MFC confusion BS!!:roftl: :roftl:

It is my vid, so I would have thought I owned the copyright, but Mika does has the right to say they are his songs and it was his performance, and that could mean I stole his performance....maybe:mf_rosetinted:

These account suspensions are not being instigated by Mika. The two videos that caused me grief with YouTube are his first Tonight Show performance and his Brit Awards acceptance speech. Cherisse and one of the guys in the band had the Tonight Show clip embedded in their MySpace pages and Jodi Marr had just favourited the Brit Awards speech and subscribed to my videos when my account was deleted. :thumbdown:

It is the networks and production companies that are claiming copyright infringement on all clips from their shows. It's got nothing to do with Mika.

Maybe the NEW MFC is going to open up its OWN utube account *hopes* or perhaps they will be on MFC itself, so that new (and us older) Mika fans can still watch the vids when we want to, because they are a HUUUGE influence on becoming a Mika fan so many of us liked his music but also found his personality sooo warm, honest, those interviews have given him a heck of a lot of loyal fans who like HIM as much as his music. (Think I am going to put this into MFC suggestions as soon as I can find the thread).

Maybe the NEW MFC is going to open up its OWN utube account *hopes* or perhaps they will be on MFC itself, so that new (and us older) Mika fans can still watch the vids when we want to, because they are a HUUUGE influence on becoming a Mika fan so many of us liked his music but also found his personality sooo warm, honest, those interviews have given him a heck of a lot of loyal fans who like HIM as much as his music. (Think I am going to put this into MFC suggestions as soon as I can find the thread).

The problem with that (as I see it) is that on most of the clips, the copyright belongs to the broadcaster. I would like to be able to upload my vids direct to MFC as that's the reason I do it primarily, as a resource for us, but if I uploaded to MFC, they would surely need to have a get out clause so they don't get sued by the copyright owners. That get out clause usually being that they will suspend or delete the accounts of any member found breaching copyright. So we can't win unless Mika has the copyright.

Of course if you want rid of me........

I have probably explained that really badly.

The problem with that (as I see it) is that on most of the clips, the copyright belongs to the broadcaster. I would like to be able to upload my vids direct to MFC as that's the reason I do it primarily, as a resource for us, but if I uploaded to MFC, they would surely need to have a get out clause so they don't get sued by the copyright owners. That get out clause usually being that they will suspend or delete the accounts of any member found breaching copyright. So we can't win unless Mika has the copyright.

Of course if you want rid of me........

I have probably explained that really badly.

course not :shocked: and I understand what you mean now, I just thought as it's MIKA it should be HIS material, I mean it seems weird that someone ELSE has the rights to YOUR material, and things YOU have said or done, but I guess that is just how it all works.

course not :shocked: and I understand what you mean now, I just thought as it's MIKA it should be HIS material, I mean it seems weird that someone ELSE has the rights to YOUR material, and things YOU have said or done, but I guess that is just how it all works.

I might be completely wrong viv, that's just the way I understand it.

Maybe someone with superior knowledge will advise us?

Or I could google. :mf_rosetinted:

Bab is right. NBC owns the rights to Mika's performance on the Tonight Show, for instance. He would have signed a waiver to that effect before his appearance.

It's possible he could try to procure permission from them to use it, but that's unlikely to happen. They may allow use in some documentary footage on his DVD or something (for a fee), but not so that fans can download it freely from the internet.

Mika should have control over his own videos, concert footage from Olympia and the documentary. Everything else is owned by a third party and he would be breaking copyright law just as much as Bab, Sou and I if he didn't get permission before uploading them.