The Australian Thread: Part Eleven

Rainbow Sky

Thanks, I like yours, its very energetic...

Damnit, private. *adds*:fisch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtcvjki1I-w&feature=related

Viewer discretion is advised *zhhz*

LOL LOL LOL! :roftl:

Hooray! It's only 8:30pm because of Daylight Savings!

Oh so you guys have gone back now, so it's 2 hours difference again? Phewph, that makes more sence :P

I have a question for the technically minded among you, cos I'm an ignoramus... Is there a way of downloading stuff from youtube in a different format to a flash video? Something useful, like an mp3 or a wmv? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. What I'm wanting doesn't actually need the video so I could do it as a "record what you hear" thing, but don't remember what format they record in....

I use http://www.vixy.net - you download it straight from the site - no emails, and you can do .avi and .mp3 and some others, but they're the only ones i care about :bleh:

Lollipop Monkey has just started a thread called Officialness update which basically said what Fred said at the end of the other thread, but in an easier to find way.

Ooooh! *goes to find*

Oh and i was opshopping today and i was wearing my mika shirt i made for the v festival, and the lady who served me saw my shirt and said: 'Ohhhhhh Mika......he's really weird, but still, i like him'. I thought it was hilarious :P

Op shop ladies are fantastic! How old was she? Lol! She sounds awesome. What does your shirt look like? OMG, have you shown us???

I asked the I.T. guy at work if there was a way to download off You Tube and he told me it was impossible.....me thinks we're paying him too much money or he's in the wrong profession

*slaps the IT guy at your work*

*takes his job*

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya all ... yes ... late on again .... pffft ... that pesky RL ...

Why hello there always-here-late-buddy :wink2:

:woot_jump: ..... I just realised earlier today (yesterday now) ... that my MFC Anniversary was April 4th aswell !!!!

You missed it! :jawdrop: Happy Mikaversary for yesterday (still yesterday for me :wink2:)

:tears: *feels OBVIOUSLY un-MQ'd by OKD* :tears:

EDIT: *insert 'hhrumph' smiley here *

*fixes this*

*explains away by the fact that she has been writing that MQ for like an hour :fisch:*

..... I just realised earlier today (yesterday now) ... that my MFC Anniversary was April 4th aswell !!!!

Heya Kelz ..... Aussie thread has now become 'The Bogan Bar' ..... WOOT !!!

:yay: Happy Mikaversary!! :woot_jump:

Bogan bar has a nice ring to it.. :thumb_yello:

pity about the smell :roftl:

But-but .. don't you have a neice of equal or older age?

Yes.. Niece is much easier to buy for and grateful for presents..

Sister is fussy.. and isn't good at that "Oh I love it":biggrin2: smile :naughty:

Time for bed.. Gonna make the most of the extra hour and try and find a sleepingk patterrrrrn!!

FY&GN *upurs smiley* :huglove:

Yes.. Niece is much easier to buy for and grateful for presents..

Sister is fussy.. and isn't good at that "Oh I love it" smile

LOL! I am FANTASTIC at that smile :wink2:

Most notably (I was even congratulated on it's seeming-autheticity afterwards) was a year ago when my auntie and uncle gave me some procelain doll and she was so so excited about how she got a doll like this for her 18th birthday and how much she loved it and made clothes for it and took it every where :blink:

But my face was like :cheerful_h4h: and all like "woah -thanks!:wub2:" And they totally fell for it. My dad's girlfriend afterwards was all like "OMG, that is the best acting I have ever seen, well done! Here, have some chocolate and DVDs" and I was all like :cheerful_h4h: Yeah, get some chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate. And DVDs or CDs or books, but only if you know what she's into :roftl: God I hate getting crap i have no interest in. But you can never be dissapointed by chocolate.

Oh and you could get her clothes too. I hate when parents/older try to buy you clothes and they are **** :roftl: but you would be able to pick clothes she likes ;-)

Oh, and nighty night :P

My brother's birthday is in a couple of days actually. I would normally always get something and stress out over it and then just end up getting chocolate because I don't want to get something he doesn't like :roftl: He's *NOT* good at the "oh, I like it" face. BUT HE TOTALLY DIDN'T GET ME *ANYTHING* FOR MY BIRTHDAY THIS YEAR! What do I make of that? He is normally the good present giver and gets me brilliant Dvds that I actually enjoy and stuff like that, but wtf, nothing. And he was totally living with us over my birthday and he knew it was coming up :blink: But I just feel wrong not getting anything. Maybe just a *small* amount of chocolates?

And does anyone know how I can:

a). Get my tax file number ... I lost the peice of paper I had it on :blink:

b). Tell centrelink I got a job ... I expect I need some kind of paperwork to show them? I don't want to stand in line for four hours just to be told I don't have the right stuff, does anyone know what they'll want?

YAY !! ... Thanks Kelz !! And yeh ... the Bogan Bar does have a certain 'aroma' to it ... *thinks back to Medieval times & the fecund quality of hay, straw & dung* ....

Oh ... & FY&GN Kelz ....

:lmfao: ewwwww!!

We wash more often than people are led to believe :naughty: HONESTLY!!

We can just blame the cat-pee corner.. :das:

LOL! I am FANTASTIC at that smile

Most notably (I was even congratulated on it's seeming-autheticity afterwards) was a year ago when my auntie and uncle gave me some procelain doll and she was so so excited about how she got a doll like this for her 18th birthday and how much she loved it and made clothes for it and took it every where

But my face was like and all like "woah -thanks!" And they totally fell for it. My dad's girlfriend afterwards was all like "OMG, that is the best acting I have ever seen, well done! Here, have some chocolate and DVDs" and I was all like Yeah, get some chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate. And DVDs or CDs or books, but only if you know what she's into God I hate getting crap i have no interest in. But you can never be dissapointed by chocolate.

Oh and you could get her clothes too. I hate when parents/older try to buy you clothes and they are **** but you would be able to pick clothes she likes ;-)

:roftl:Porcelain Doll.. Lucky you .. They were popular when I was younger too.. I'd never give one as a present though! :naughty: Lucky you got Chockies and DVD's!! what DVD's??

I think I'll play it safe and get her something from this groovy weird shop I know she loves.. She's mentioned she loves all things from there so I'll do that.. Yes my sister has weird taste.. she got that from me.. And I am good at the "fake" smile too.. So I don't know why my sis isn't.. Her mum's a genius at it. :sneaky2: She used to do it to me when I was a teenager whenever I walked in the door.

Really going to bed now!!

FY&GN :huglove:

Porcelain Doll.. Lucky you .. They were popular when I was younger too.. I'd never give one as a present though! Lucky you got Chockies and DVD's!! what DVD's??

I think I'll play it safe and get her something from this groovy weird shop I know she loves.. She's mentioned she loves all things from there so I'll do that.. Yes my sister has weird taste.. she got that from me.. And I am good at the "fake" smile too.. So I don't know why my sis isn't.. Her mum's a genius at it. She used to do it to me when I was a teenager whenever I walked in the door.

:naughty:

Uuum, I can't remember! Movies :bleh:

Ooh, what's the shop? :blink:

.... If ANYONE is watching RAGE right now ... David Bowie is singing Life On Mars !!!!

EDIT: .... I'd love Mika to cover this song !!!!

Watching rage in 2 hours for me! :shocked: I can't stay up that late :roftl: I need to go to bed NOW, I have to work tomorrow :wink2:

I will youtube search it later :bleh:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

You've done amazigly well- it is bucketing down at the moment!

I would go take a pic but I am too sick to want to venture anywhere outside, and I am too lazy to take it from the window.

You can relax now!

It's really raining or are you just joking?:blink:

:yay:! Finally!

Your project was a pouring success! But you could've asked first :sneaky2: It really was a horrible day for it to be bucketing with rain completely out of the blue. I was majorly late for my first day of work, and then I had to take all the dogs for walks in the rain (and was too scared to ask if I am even meant to walk them in the rain) and couldn't hang up any washing! THANKS! But CREEPY! And it just cmpletely cleared up at 12 and went on to be a lovely clear day after that - WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD!

OK - I'll stop concentrating now :eek:

And yeh ... the Bogan Bar does have a certain 'aroma' to it ... :naughty: *thinks back to Medieval times & the fecund quality of hay, straw & dung* ....

Yes, the Australian Medieval period was well known for its pungent aromas :roll1: (not).

But we need somewhere else to drink - Freddie's bar is full of younglings again drinking coffee. What's a poor alcoholic to do?:naughty:

AWESOME! WOAH! I was just sort of so-so about it all, but ahhhh, I love crazy animals so much! That is brilliant! We do lots of hiking through the forests and stuff, inc a 3 day trip rafting into the middle of a jungle that is only accessible by raft and camping there in the middle of the jungle :wub2: But those animals are ****ign awesome! SLOTHS! MONKEYS! How close did you see them? And a volcano! I'm really excited now.

The people are recruiting at my friend's school next week, so I hope she agrees. I also hope she agrees to do the same project :roftl: She is more of a people person so I'ms acred she might want to teach some kids english or something boring like that. Screw that, I want to hatch and release sea turtles and rehabilitate monkeys and stuff :punk:

OOOH YES...that reminds me. We saw a she-turtle laying her eggs!! It was so special...it was really late at night, and the moon was up, and we had to be really really quiet...it's so sad, though, cause turtle eggs are always being poached over there and now they're endangered...

Oooh, what is/was it?

I HEARD BG AGAIN In priceline, while looking at discounted easter eggs

Yep, it was Big on Channel V....I've never seen it on Video Hits though:thumbdown:

*slaps the IT guy at your work*

*takes his job*[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll be giving him a big slap myself tomorrow :naughty: The same *cough*expert*cough told me you couldn't burn CD's from i-Tunes that would play on CD players....I figured out how to do that all by myself and I'll bet you're surprised to hear that:wink2:

Form for New or Existing Tax File Number....and I think with Centrelink you have to call them but make sure you've got something to do because you'll be on there all day!

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/tfn_applicationform.pdf

*waks into Aussie thread without a hangover dispite how much she drank last night*

*goes into the factory*

*goes to the vat of chocolate that she poured the remainder of the pretty drinks into last night*

*gets a straw*

*drinks the entire 10 tonne vat of melted chocolate*

*hiccups*

*giggles*

*giggles some more*

SUGAR HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*snoggs Mika while on sugar high*

Damnit, private. *adds*:fisch:

Op shop ladies are fantastic! How old was she? Lol! She sounds awesome. What does your shirt look like? OMG, have you shown us???

yeah opshop ladies are awesome. She would have been in her fifties...........i havent shown anyone a pic of my shirt yet! I have to get the photos off my mates camera! But i will show you :P

But im disappointed, i got the wrong kind of fabric for the iron on transfer....it didnt turn out the way i wanted it to, but still, its got Mika on it so it doesnt matter! :punk:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zamzar is good.

You can convert flv to avi with the help of a program by ZZZ Technologies called (funnily enough) FLV to AVI converter. Free Trial here. If you try it and like it, I have something to make it a *coughfullversioncough*.

And I have been ripping mp3's from YouTube by using a program called Audacity. I just record off my sound card and I can do things like fade in and fade out, and amplify the mp3 if necessary. Really handy when I find live stuff that sounds awesome.

OK, that first one is another good suggestion.

But Audacity?! !!!!!!!! That's what I use already to record my songs and my Mika covers. You're gonna tell me I should be using the "What you hear" option as the input, aren't you? Cos then I can export it in three different formats if I so choose... I can't believe I'm so dense.:doh: Actually, are you really good with manipulating Audacity? Cos I've been trying to help someone over on the LICM fan cd thread, but it's like the blind leading the blind. I'm such a novice with it.

I'd also recorded to Creative recorder but they're not mp3's, they record as .wav files.

What is Beowulf then? based on a book is it?

They released a movie last year that is based on the old Anglo-Saxon epic hero poem, Beowulf. How true to the original it is I don't know. You can look it up on Wiki, there's an outline of the story there, but I didn't re-read it, I just double checked that it was actually a poem like I thought. Actually, Tolkein was very interested in Beowulf. But I only found that out about 8 years ago.

I use http://www.vixy.net - you download it straight from the site - no emails, and you can do .avi and .mp3 and some others, but they're the only ones i care about

And thankyou for your suggestion.

LOL! I am FANTASTIC at that smile

Most notably (I was even congratulated on it's seeming-autheticity afterwards) was a year ago when my auntie and uncle gave me some procelain doll and she was so so excited about how she got a doll like this for her 18th birthday and how much she loved it and made clothes for it and took it every where

But my face was like :cheerful_h4h: and all like "woah -thanks!:wub2:" And they totally fell for it. My dad's girlfriend afterwards was all like "OMG, that is the best acting I have ever seen, well done! Here, have some chocolate and DVDs" and I was all like :cheerful_h4h: Yeah, get some chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate. And DVDs or CDs or books, but only if you know what she's into God I hate getting crap i have no interest in. But you can never be dissapointed by chocolate.

Oh and you could get her clothes too. I hate when parents/older try to buy you clothes and they are **** :roftl: but you would be able to pick clothes she likes ;-)

Actually, you can be disappointed by chocolate. I'm a real Cadbury girl. My husband is a Lindt man. I really don't like Lindt. Or most of the more expensive chocolate makers actually. I don't like "cheap", just Cadbury. Some Nestle. Red Tulip in a pinch. Pink Lady if I'm desperate. Anyway, my parents buy Lindt for my hubby, but they also tend to buy Lindt or expensive chocolates for me. I know they think they are doing something nice, and I should just be damn grateful for any chocolate I receive, but I can't help it, I like what I like. And so I am usually disappointed on my birthday or at Christmas by a beautiful box of expensive chocolates that i won't enjoy half as much as a couple of blocks of Cadbury. But I wouldn't dare tell my mother. To start with, I'm a little ashamed of having such plebian tastes, but also, I was brought up with the mindset of you don't complain, you're just grateful for what you get given and accept it graciously and if you have an issue with it, you deal with it yourself later.

Actually, my husband gave me Lindt at Easter. He knows I don't like Lindt. He also gave me Cadbury so that was ok, but I did a trade with my daughter for some of her Cadbury and hubby will never have to know and she and I are both happy and it's all good.

:yay: .... If ANYONE is watching RAGE right now ... David Bowie is singing Life On Mars !!!!:mf_lustslow:

Someone did put this suggestion up on the Fantasy cover thread I'm sure. Wasn't it you?

I've been watching the tv series on the ABC and they played the song again on Thursday just gone in the season finale. I'd forgotten how much I like the song.

Good morning everyone! I have to go to work in an hour. :thumbdown:

AWWWEEESSOOOOMEEE! LOL! PO! *slaps* Why didn't you say anything?:roftl:

I guess it would've been funny to say "OMG! ARE YOU SWEET DREAMS FROM MFC!!!!???" .. "uh .. wtf?" ... "Oh, never mind then, continue scanning my discounted ink:fisch:"

:roftl: :roftl:

:yay: .... If ANYONE is watching RAGE right now ... David Bowie is singing Life On Mars !!!!:mf_lustslow:

Yay! I love that song!

.... If ANYONE is watching RAGE right now ... David Bowie is singing Life On Mars !!!!

I love David Bowie. :wub2:

I really need to get off my butt and get his full collection one of these days.

Ooh, what's the shop?

It's one of those alternative type shops..

It's got jewelry, cane furniture, candles, incense, lamps, pillows.. heaps of stuff.. it has a dark atmosphere too.. very cosy..

Yes, the Australian Medieval period was well known for its pungent aromas :roll1: (not).

But we need somewhere else to drink - Freddie's bar is full of younglings again drinking coffee. What's a poor alcoholic to do?:naughty:

:naughty: We'll have to pack them a school lunch and shoo them out.

OOOH YES...that reminds me. We saw a she-turtle laying her eggs!! It was so special...it was really late at night, and the moon was up, and we had to be really really quiet...it's so sad, though, cause turtle eggs are always being poached over there and now they're endangered...

Awww.. :blush-anim-cl:

OK, that first one is another good suggestion.

But Audacity?! !!!!!!!! That's what I use already to record my songs and my Mika covers. You're gonna tell me I should be using the "What you hear" option as the input, aren't you? Cos then I can export it in three different formats if I so choose... I can't believe I'm so dense.:doh: Actually, are you really good with manipulating Audacity? Cos I've been trying to help someone over on the LICM fan cd thread, but it's like the blind leading the blind. I'm such a novice with it.

I'd also recorded to Creative recorder but they're not mp3's, they record as .wav files.

On my version of Audacity, I set it to Stereo Mix, adjust the volume controls and let it record off the sound card.. You might have a newer or older version that looks and functions slightly different.. but, either way, it's perfect for mp3 ripping..

I'll wander over to the LICM thread and check out the question.

Creative recorder might have a way of setting it to save to mp3.. But I've never used it.. This site mentions using Creative Playcentre to convert your wav's to mp3's. Do you have that?

Good morning everyone! I have to go to work in an hour.

Hello hello. Don't work to hard!

I have to go out soon too. I have to do some shopping at BigW :naughty:

Just thought I would say I have just woken up and it's 4am (Going back to bed after this, I woke up hungry and had some toast) It's snowing like hell so I took a few pictures.... YAY!!! I am so excited... I know it is sad... Me :wub2: Snow

Just thought I would say I have just woken up and it's 4am (Going back to bed after this, I woke up hungry and had some toast) It's snowing like hell so I took a few pictures.... YAY!!! I am so excited... I know it is sad... Me :wub2: Snow

No not sad at all! Ive never seen snow, so i'd be taking lots of pictures too! :naughty:

Awww.. Poor clucky can't sleep.. Too much excitement? :das:

You'll have to post the pics of the snow on here tomorrow for us to all sigh over.

No not sad at all! Ive never seen snow, so i'd be taking lots of pictures too! :naughty:

It snows here occasionally, (like once a year) but never enough to settle. But I vaguely remember having snowball fights as a kid, although I might have only been 2 or 3 years old so it doesn't seem like a real memory.