Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

I think you are lucky to have had those experiences. I lived in the suburbs of a city for a lot of my growing up years, but it was a small city and didn't really have some of those "particular ethnic areas" that some of the other Australian cities have pockets of.:thumbdown:

I'm just curious... You used the word prude and I'd like to know if that's how you viewed yourself or if that's what others called you? 'Cos it is O.K. to have moral standards and stand by them. Doesn't necessarily make you a prude. In the same way that someone who wasn't living by the same moral standards isn't necessarily a slut or whatever.

Labels are very interesting things...

Why didn't you post this in the other thread? That's just adorable! Oh and I kind of get what you mean. Are you saying you think Frenchie was kind of on the fringe of the Pink Ladies? And if so, is that because she was friends with Sandy?

No no, I didn't mean to use to make it sound like I thought I was prude, that's just what everyone else always called me. I am very proud of my moral standards, and everyone who knows me in person knows it too. I guess you can't really make your tone heard online. My mistake!

You are very right though, labels are very interesting things. I absolutely hate, I hate that people are classified by the music they listen too or the the books they read or whatever. Yet it'd be hypocritical of me to say that as well because i catch myself identifying people with labels all the time. For example if I meet a new person and my friends ask me how he is I might say ooo he was cute, but abercrombie cute so blah...

It's kinda hard to escape from for me, but it seems so crazy to describe someone by a label because there's no way that can sum up the kind of person that person is.

Sorry for that long explanation but I've thought about this all the time

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 years old?!! Oh man I was 17, i sure was behind

:naughty: I think all that matters is that it was memorable.. And that's something I'll never ever forget.

Why didn't you post this in the other thread? That's just adorable! Oh and I kind of get what you mean. Are you saying you think Frenchie was kind of on the fringe of the Pink Ladies? And if so, is that because she was friends with Sandy?

Because, if I start I won't stop. I have better restraint in here. And it's less likely people will read all this in here.. :bleh:

Yep. I think Frenchie wasn't entirely "Pink". By the end of the movie, Sandy was alot like Frenchie, minus the cooler outfits and minus the easter egg hair. :naughty:

I want to hear all the minute details! And your life is far from boring. I don't think anyone's life is boring, really. We all have our own tales.

I think it's also a bit what you make of it. I know people who grew up in a major city but always stayed within the same areas, talking to the same kinds of people, about the same things. Then they venture out of these areas, even within the same city, and experience culture shock.

I'm finding now that living in the same city I grew up in is making me soo restless...sure, it's decent sized city of over a million people, but it's just so...samey. It seems that the many of the most interesting people have moved around at least somewhat...new places and new faces, and all that.

I'm not so sure that ALL the minute details should go on here.:naughty: But I have to admit to being extremely nosy and wanting to know everybody else's minute details too. I'm sure that's why I read so much. I get fairly instant gratification for little effort and without the risks of trying xyz in my own life.

Oh, and you don't have to be in the one city to stay in the same mindset. You can take it with you. That's one of the blessing and curses of being in the Salvation Army in Australia. Generally speaking I know what to expect of a Salvo corps regardless of where in Australia I am. Each will have it's own little peculiarities and a few are really quite radically different, but most of them are quite similar. And I have a Salvation Army mindset that I have taken around the country with me. For the most part, I'm not even aware that I'm doing it or even that it exists until somehow it get's brought up. *trying to be more open!*

:naughty: I think all that matters is that it was memorable.. And that's something I'll never ever forget.

Because, if I start I won't stop. I have better restraint in here. And it's less likely people will read all this in here.. :bleh:

Yep. I think Frenchie wasn't entirely "Pink". By the end of the movie, Sandy was alot like Frenchie, minus the cooler outfits and minus the easter egg hair. :naughty:

Lol...that is what matters most! Hey if I could get a guy when I was 8 years old i'd feel the same way!

First kisses are really memorable aren't they

No no, I didn't mean to use to make it sound like I thought I was prude, that's just what everyone else always called me. I am very proud of my moral standards, and everyone who knows me in person knows it too. I guess you can't really make your tone heard online. My mistake!

You are very right though, labels are very interesting things. I absolutely hate, I hate that people are classified by the music they listen too or the the books they read or whatever. Yet it'd be hypocritical of me to say that as well because i catch myself identifying people with labels all the time. For example if I meet a new person and my friends ask me how he is I might say ooo he was cute, but abercrombie cute so blah...

It's kinda hard to escape from for me, but it seems so crazy to describe someone by a label because there's no way that can sum up the kind of person that person is.

Sorry for that long explanation but I've thought about this all the time

No need to apolgize for your explanation. I agree with a lot of what you've written. And it's one of the things that Mika spent so much of last year explaining to journos "Well, you know, when you're a new musician people need to place you...."etc etc. and you end up with labels.

But I don't want you to have restraint! I want you to spill all the details of your life like a buffet.... (I have the strange feeling that I'm channeling the spirit of someone else here, but can't think who....:naughty:)

Lol...that is what matters most! Hey if I could get a guy when I was 8 years old i'd feel the same way!

Hey, I was shocked by it!! I don't think anyone else in my class was kissing at the time.

The funniest part was when I went to my new school and they were all experimenting in first kisses. I made the mistake of mentioning I'd been kissed before and thought that would mean I wouldn't have to be involved.. WRONG!! There was a guy who liked me and all my friends tried to make me kiss him, but I refused to do it. I was still in LaLa land over Liam and wasn't ready to kiss (or be kissed by) someone else.

They didn't understand why I wouldn't kiss him. They thought I was some kind of expert. :roftl:

But, it was because he just wasn't as wonderful. :naughty:

So, I'm the same as a few others have already said - Choosey about who I kiss or date.

OK.. This is what I meant by not being able to shut up.. *zips kissed lips*

Mine wasn't. I had a couple of 'boyfriends' in highchool but never really liked any of them, I just thought "I'm not exactly pretty so maybe I shouldn't waste the chance". Pointless really. My first "memorable" kiss wasn't until much later.

OK...

I was in grade 3, (about 8 years old) and the most popular guy in the school, Liam :wub2: would flirt with me nearly everyday. He was the fastest runner in the school (We had running competitions - I loved watching him run). I wasn't in the popular girls group, but was still good friends with them (something that's always occurred by choice - and Chickadee, there's your answer about Frenchie ). So because of that I found it hard to believe he liked me and not one of them.

But anyway, one day during class he whispered in my ear "Meet me at the tennis court when the bell goes". I nodded, because I was speechless. The bell went and for 10 seconds I couldn't move. He tapped me on the shoulder and said "Come on" So I followed him. And he started running across the basketball courts to the tennis court and I had to run to keep up which SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! I managed!! He pushed open the gate and we were both in there ALONE :shocked:

And then he looked at me and I just grinned. And then he grabbed me and kissed me for what felt like 10 minutes. (5 seconds :naughty:) He pulled away and we heard the sound of 20 other feet running towards the tennis court. :lmfao: My whole class were perverts. They all pushed their way in and went "Oh damn too late" :roftl:

We were unofficially an item until I moved schools at the end of the next year.

(btw, I L'dMFAO the whole way through writing this!! )

EDIT>> And this was at a catholic school :fisch:

I think your story is my favorite :wub2:

Mine wasn't. I had a couple of 'boyfriends' in highchool but never really liked any of them, I just thought "I'm not exactly pretty so maybe I shouldn't waste the chance". Pointless really. My first "memorable" kiss wasn't until much later.

Actually maybe that's not entirely true: my first kiss with a girl was memorable (albeit due to its awkwardness). I was 13 or 14 and we were on an excursion for art class to the Royal Botanical Gardens. While we were on the bus a group of us were playing a game where you had to pass on a piece of paper to the next person using your mouth (where you kind of breathe in/use suction to hold it) and if you dropped it you were out of the game. Anyway, stupidity of the concept aside, after we arrived me and a girl continued to play the game on the lawn. After a while she dared me to do it without the paper, so I did. It was a very sweet moment until she ruined it with an arched "with your lips closed" after which I blushed and was awkward. We never talked about it afterwards, it was like it never happened. I used to do that a lot back then, if I thought or felt something I "shouldn't" have I swept it under the metaphorical rug like it never existed. I never even thought about it again until my late teens when I started to question my sexuality.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever told anyone this story. See what the MFC can draw out of you?

Hey, I was shocked by it!! I don't think anyone else in my class was kissing at the time.

The funniest part was when I went to my new school and they were all experimenting in first kisses. I made the mistake of mentioning I'd been kissed before and thought that would mean I wouldn't have to be involved.. WRONG!! There was a guy who liked me and all my friends tried to make me kiss him, but I refused to do it. I was still in LaLa land over Liam and wasn't ready to kiss (or be kissed by) someone else.

They didn't understand why I wouldn't kiss him. They thought I was some kind of expert. :roftl:

But, it was because he just wasn't as wonderful. :naughty:

So, I'm the same as a few others have already said - Choosey about who I kiss or date.

OK.. This is what I meant by not being able to shut up.. *zips kissed lips*

Keep going Kelz! i'm not objecting...

This is like some giant sleep over, where we're playing "Truth, Dare, or Torture". We always picked truth, cos none of us were good at coming up with good dares and it was a way of worming juicy bits of gossip out of your friends that they'd been keeping from you and also a way of sharing something that you knew you shouldn't have been talking about but were dying to. It sounds quite hypocritical when i think about it now, but we were all "good" girls who knew we shouldn't have been gossiping, really wanted to gossip, but needed a way of rationalising it in our heads to maintain our mental self-image of "good" girls...

Wow, the thinking that the apples is making me do!

I can relate to that "I'm not exactly pretty" thing.

I think your story is my favorite :wub2:

:blush-anim-cl: awwww!!

Actually maybe that's not entirely true: my first kiss with a girl was memorable (albeit due to its awkwardness). I was 13 or 14 and we were on an excursion for art class to the Royal Botanical Gardens. While we were on the bus a group of us were playing a game where you had to pass on a piece of paper to the next person using your mouth (where you kind of breathe in/use suction to hold it) and if you dropped it you were out of the game. Anyway, stupidity of the concept aside, after we arrived me and a girl continued to play the game on the lawn. After a while she dared me to do it without the paper, so I did. It was a very sweet moment until she ruined it with an arched "with your lips closed" after which I blushed and was awkward. We never talked about it afterwards, it was like it never happened. I used to do that a lot back then, if I thought or felt something I "shouldn't" have I swept it under the metaphorical rug like it never existed. I never even thought about it again until my late teens when I started to question my sexuality.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever told anyone this story. See what the MFC can draw out of you? :bleh:

:bleh: Put your tongue away *zhhz*

Keep going Kelz! i'm not objecting...

*puts hair in beehive* No No No!!! :naughty:

This is like some giant sleep over, where we're playing "Truth, Dare, or Torture". We always picked truth, cos none of us were good at coming up with good dares and it was a way of worming juicy bits of gossip out of your friends that they'd been keeping from you and also a way of sharing something that you knew you shouldn't have been talking about but were dying to. It sounds quite hypocritical when i think about it now, but we were all "good" girls who knew we shouldn't have been gossiping, really wanted to gossip, but needed a way of rationalising it in our heads to maintain our mental self-image of "good" girls...

We used to play that game too. mwwauauauhahahahahaaaa!! I'm not telling.:roftl:

I had to reinstall Nero..

Look who come to help me...

Wizardinstallationhelp.jpg

Now I know why you call him kind and fine :blush-anim-cl:

you're photoshopping Mika onto installation wizards? you must be bored. Tell me more of your story instead. I'm all ears... jk, I've got to go hang out washing actually. (but do we have a thread over on AMF where we're baring all our dark, dirty secrets? I can't find a damn thing over there when I'm looking for it. Please pm me if there already is one. Even a title would be good.)

you're photoshopping Mika onto installation wizards? you must be bored. Tell me more of your story instead. I'm all ears... jk, I've got to go hang out washing actually. (but do we have a thread over on AMF where we're baring all our dark, dirty secrets? I can't find a damn thing over there when I'm looking for it. Please pm me if there already is one. Even a title would be good.)

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

There isn't one on AMF.

I will tell more.. maybe after I chop some wood and think about what to have for dinner. :bleh:

My first kiss wasn't memorable either.. I was 17 at the time (another late starter), and it was with a guy that, on looking back, I don't think I liked much.

As for teenage exploits, technically I still have a few months to make teenage exploits before I turn 20, I was pretty tame. I was one of the quieter girls, and very bookish. Though I did get drunk for the first time at 16, which was at a friends 16th. It was a small party, only a few of us, and we all stayed there the night. After that it was still small parties, with the occasional drinks, all with parental permission, until I moved out of home when I turned 17 (I moved out because mum was moving from the area and I didn't want to move schools in my last year of school). That was the year of the 18ths, where everyone was invited, and a year of drinking. There were a few parties at my house, which were fun mostly. One night a bunch of us went for a walk, and decided to check out the inside of houses in the estate that backed us. It was something we randomnly decided to do while probably slightly drunk. 18 was also fun for drinking, and partying, when we would all go out clubbing (I was into the drinking most weekends back then). When we all moved out of the area we used to come back on weekends, and stay at a house a friend owned, or crash in our cars.

However, at the same time we used to go to bingos on wednesdays with the old people, followed by maccas ice creams afterward, and spent the summer down at the local lake, and at maccas (for their ice creams), or roadtripping and hour to the beach.

We were also pretty random. One night at 2am we decided we were going to drive up to a "ghost" town that was about half an hour away, and go hiking. First though we visited almost every servo in town to find one that sold torches. It was fun times

Random post here. I came on to say I have just been filmed on my doorstep for a funny Japanese TV show. They asked me about mangoes....:blink:

And then I opened my email and found something else to share!

You recall yesterday we were talking about my work, well, today I was sent a link to my interview for spinshell TV... if anyone is in the least bit interested....

I appear for just a few minutes at about 2:42.... none of you (except soangel) have ever met me, so you don't even know what I sound/look like...so here you go.:naughty:

http://spinshell.tv/report/flv/expecting2.m4v

Edit: I found it on youtube too....didn't even know it was there!

He gives "Merlin", the newer Windows alternative to the paper clip helper in Office, a run for his money.

:lmfao: I hate those things!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Merlin is Mike's secret lover *zhhz*

My first kiss wasn't memorable either.. I was 17 at the time (another late starter), and it was with a guy that, on looking back, I don't think I liked much.

As for teenage exploits, technically I still have a few months to make teenage exploits before I turn 20, I was pretty tame. I was one of the quieter girls, and very bookish. Though I did get drunk for the first time at 16, which was at a friends 16th. It was a small party, only a few of us, and we all stayed there the night. After that it was still small parties, with the occasional drinks, all with parental permission, until I moved out of home when I turned 17 (I moved out because mum was moving from the area and I didn't want to move schools in my last year of school). That was the year of the 18ths, where everyone was invited, and a year of drinking. There were a few parties at my house, which were fun mostly. One night a bunch of us went for a walk, and decided to check out the inside of houses in the estate that backed us. It was something we randomnly decided to do while probably slightly drunk. 18 was also fun for drinking, and partying, when we would all go out clubbing (I was into the drinking most weekends back then). When we all moved out of the area we used to come back on weekends, and stay at a house a friend owned, or crash in our cars.

However, at the same time we used to go to bingos on wednesdays with the old people, followed by maccas ice creams afterward, and spent the summer down at the local lake, and at maccas (for their ice creams), or roadtripping and hour to the beach.

We were also pretty random. One night at 2am we decided we were going to drive up to a "ghost" town that was about half an hour away, and go hiking. First though we visited almost every servo in town to find one that sold torches. It was fun times

:roftl: We used to go to bingo too!! I loved it. hmmm. More exploits.. Ok. This is soppy..

I had my first REAL kiss when I was 13. My brothers girlfriends brother (confused? :naughty:) wrote me a single page letter about how much he "loved" me and sent it to his sister to give to me. I read it and said to her "Have I met your brother?" :roftl: She said I had a couple of times but I had no idea.

Anyway, 2 weeks later we met "officially" at the rollerskating rink where he showed off how well he could rollerskate. Of course I was smitten (sensing a trend). I put on some skates and he held my hand as we did laps of the rink while music played on the speakers. (Jimmy Barnes - When your love is gone)

Then we sat in a quiet corner and talked for a while and he asked me to be his girlfriend. haha!! I said yes and then his sister said it's time to go. We looked at each like we didn't want it to end and .... :das:

We broke up and got back together quite a few times in our teens, and are still good friends. He has 5 kids and they call me Aunty Kell. :lmfao:

Yes! It was weird at first.

*zips lips again* :sneaky2:

I'm bored so I may as well share my story too.

I think that my upbringing was different to many of yours - my parents are religious and conservative and my older sister is like a second mother and influences them a lot. She was and still is a complete square - school captain, dux/valedictorian of her highschool class, graduated in the the top of her university class, has a high-paying job, never goes out, never does anything 'bad', never disobeys, - so I've had a lot of trouble fighting for permission to do things because my parents give my sister as an example of not "needing" to do the things that I want to do. In my early teen years I hung out with the popular girls and "rebelled" (in a softcore way e.g. getting detentions, wearing make-up, chasing boys etc.). But my behaviour and grades continued to deteriorate so my parents decided to separate me from my friends and moved me from the co-ed class to the all girl class. For the next few years I moved from one social group to another but never really fit in anywhere, I also had a couple of 'boyfriends' but never really liked any of them either (like I said before I only settled for them because I wasn't pretty and didn't think I could do much better). Around 16, though, I befriended a girl who had a big impact on my life. She was beautiful but smart so both the popular girls and the nerds shunned her - I guess we were both 'floater's in the social pool so we gravitated towards each other. We quickly became very close and for about two years we had a very intense friendship. People were jealous of her so they said and did nasty things to her, so we cut ourselves off from everyone and existed in our own little world. We read books, listened to music, wrote poetry and fiction and riled against "the system" - it was a very stereotypically teen angtsy but creative time. I was very tame during those days and was satisfied with a night in with a good book or spending time with my friend. Those years were formative for me and had a big impact on the person I am now - everything from the philosophies we came across in our readings to the lyrics of the music we liked to the discussions we had of how the world works. What I didn't realise at the time, though, was that it was in more ways than one - I was in love with my friend but was in such deep denial that I didn't realise it until years later after we had parted and the feelings had long since faded. In the last year of highschool I had a lot of pressure on me from parents and teachers to perform well like my sister so I made the decision to spend less time with my friend - it broke my heart to do it but I thought it was for "the greater good". Ever since my friend and I still keep in touch (I'm even helping her organise her wedding) but it's not the same as it used to be. Then came university which also changed my life - most people in my course are nerdy privately-educated goody-two-shoes but there's a small group of misfits who mix with people from other courses that I got involved with. That's how I met my first real boyfriend, which was both a good and bad experience - he helped me to finally accept my bisexuality but his arrogance and cheating ways have tainted my opinion of men. For the first two years of university (i.e. the last two years of my teens) I made up for 'lost time' and did things I never had the guts to do before. However, after I turned 20 I decided to break up with those friends because that was no longer how I wanted to be: 1) they were moving into illegal territories, and 2) I didn't want to lie and live a double life any more, I did everything behind my parents' backs because there was no way that they would approve, and I was tired of it. That's also why I ended a brief relationship I had with a woman last summer - there was no way that I could tell my family but I didn't want to go on lying and hurting people. So since then I've been very well-behaved again. I recently reconnected with my more tame friends but they disapprove of my "lifestyle" (they speak as if it's my own choosing). I have no use for people who think themselves superior to me, so I'm a friendless social floater yet again. But I turn 21 next year and I'm thinking of moving out (or at least dreaming of it because for now it doesn't look financially feasible) so who knows what'll come next.

And that's enough narcissism for now.