Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

i'm going to london on septembre 10th, and staying a few days... not sure of what i'll do the days after :bleh: is she sold out for september 24th too in london ? i'm not going, but i didn't know. she's not sold out in paris yet as far as i know...

I don't know about the 24th? Is this supposed to be at Scala? If so I haven't seen it on her website or on Scala's, although they don't have anything down for that date.

Anyway, I am not sure how much I like her, but would be interested to see her although one of the main draws is getting together with the others, and it is cheap, lol.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about the 24th? Is this supposed to be at Scala? If so I haven't seen it on her website or on Scala's, although they don't have anything down for that date.

Anyway, I am not sure how much I like her, but would be interested to see her although one of the main draws is getting together with the others, and it is cheap, lol.

yes, scala on the 24th. i think it's on sale from online tickets sellers...

As I predicted to Twatty earlier, I enjoyed Duffy's music so much more seeing her live. What a voice. Strong and big. I still like Adele's songs a little bit more.

Jack - Both Christine and I agreed that you would have loved her red and white polka-dot, one-piece, shorts outfit, with white patent, shiny belt and shoes to match. She looked like she was plucked out of the 50s or 60s era and brought to present day. Also kind of reminded me of a Bridget Bardot/Charo, pin-up girl.

Christine - I was right about the guitarist and keyboard player being either brothers, twins, or just related. If you scroll down on the following Wikipedia link, you'll see their last names are the same: Duffy

Oh yeah, and Christine you're definitely welcome to hang out at my place. Weekends are best of course. Any weekend in August but the 16th and 17th because we have a wedding to go to. :thumb_yello:

A little off topic, but Jack, I promised you a pic of that shirt I made and I just realise that I never posted it. so here:

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x73/phunkygal/?action=view&current=pixfordiana002.jpg

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x73/phunkygal/?action=view&current=pixfordiana001.jpg

it looks better on me and it took 5 hours despite the way it turned out. :bleh:

Oh thanks! It looks great!

--Jack

Suzy, I looked up The Last Lecture through your link and saw the YouTube video of his "last lecture" that was the inspiration for the book. I haven't watched the whole thing (almost 2 hrs) but it looks great... I'd be interested to hear about the book when you've finished reading it.

Have a great time at Duffy!

Hey zoots! I missed your post yesterday. How ya doin?

I'm about a quarter of the way into the book and it's okay. I didn't even think to watch it on YouTube, I might just do that . I can lend it to you when I'm done (or after closetmikafan is done, if he decides to read it).

The Duffy gig was good. A lot of her songs sound the same to me, but there are a few I really like and she's got a great voice, that you wouldn't expect coming out of her. She's cute, great big dimples, great pair of legs, and doesn't act like a diva and the crowd was 19+, so the atmosphere was pretty relaxed and mature. We were front row to the left and we got in line about 35 minutes before doors opened and there was plenty of room around us. It wasn't a big rockin' party, and there weren't crazy, uber-fans going mental, and we didn't have to stand through an opening act. But no h'orderves, wine or comfy seats like the Adele gig.:naughty:

yes, scala on the 24th. i think it's on sale from online tickets sellers...

Well it's not yet listed at Scala and the three main ticket sellers they use don't have any record of it either. Where did this info come from? I know Danika told me, I don't know where she got it from. I don't know why I am bothered either haha.

I think you may find some interesting members in the audience as well. :kaf:

I still like Adele's songs a little bit more.

I like Adele's songs better than anyone's at the moment. She really is the best singer I've ever heard live and I like the tone of her voice more than Duffy's or even Mika's. Although if Mika tended to sing in that range with a lot less falsetto I might put them more equal.

Christine - I was right about the guitarist and keyboard player being either brothers, twins, or just related. If you scroll down on the following Wikipedia link, you'll see their last names are the same: Duffy

That guitar player looks so familiar, but I can't find anything about him playing for someone else.

Oh yeah, and Christine you're definitely welcome to hang out at my place. Weekends are best of course. Any weekend in August but the 16th and 17th because we have a wedding to go to. :thumb_yello:

Cool! :thumb_yello:

I think you may find some interesting members in the audience as well. :kaf:

:

Nah, he's been 'caught' once already, so I doubt it. However there will be some interesting people there. Sari, Danika, Jems, Laura, I love 'em! And Yoppa, long time no see! Oh and Ryan, but I'd better not say I love him. Too soon. :naughty:

Nah, he's been 'caught' once already, so I doubt it. However there will be some interesting people there. Sari, Danika, Jems, Laura, I love 'em! And Yoppa, long time no see! Oh and Ryan, but I'd better not say I love him. Too soon. :naughty:

Do you really think he's going to tell KP he can't come to her 200-person gig because his fans might be stalking him? Maybe he won't be able to get tickets though. :naughty:

You're right, though. I'd love to see everyone! Have you met Ryan yet? Kata and I went to dinner the night before the gigs started in Feb. with a big group and he came along.

Do you really think he's going to tell KP he can't come to her 200-person gig because his fans might be stalking him? Maybe he won't be able to get tickets though. :naughty:

You're right, though. I'd love to see everyone! Have you met Ryan yet? Kata and I went to dinner the night before the gigs started in Feb. with a big group and he came along.

Well if he does go he might just hang out backstage or smthg but of course backstage isn't much in a small place.

I've met Ryan a few times now, first at Graham Norton in Dec, even if Sari hadn't married him I would say he was a good guy, really interesting to talk to. I like it when partners come along, it makes it more 'normal' :naughty: Sarahlou's Andy is nice too, and Jules's Kev, but I think he's a fan himself anyway.

Well if he does go he might just hang out backstage or smthg but of course backstage isn't much in a small place.

I've met Ryan a few times now, first at Graham Norton in Dec, even if Sari hadn't married him I would say he was a good guy, really interesting to talk to. I like it when partners come along, it makes it more 'normal' :naughty: Sarahlou's Andy is nice too, and Jules's Kev, but I think he's a fan himself anyway.

Yeah there's not going to be any backstage at this gig. I suppose he could refuse on the grounds that it would take attention away from her, but that sounds pretty egomaniacal. :naughty:

I thought Ryan was very interesting too - smart guy. Hopefully you'll get to meet Suzy's Ryan too one day. MFCers tend to have fun, very easygoing partners. I guess they'd have to be to put up with the Mika madness.

I feel so....other-side-of-the-world.....when I read all your happy apple posts.

Get-togethers in Canada, the UK....maybe even Melbourne....

*sigh*

Wish I could meet up with you all...

Adele is playing here next weekend at Summer Sonic. Not that there are any one day tix left, but it is super expensive and so hot and humid I would die standing out there all day...especially going to a gig alone...

Life in Asia baby. Hot and humid. Day and night.:mf_rosetinted:

Hey zoots! I missed your post yesterday. How ya doin?

I'm about a quarter of the way into the book and it's okay. I didn't even think to watch it on YouTube, I might just do that . I can lend it to you when I'm done (or after closetmikafan is done, if he decides to read it).

The Duffy gig was good. A lot of her songs sound the same to me, but there are a few I really like and she's got a great voice, that you wouldn't expect coming out of her. She's cute, great big dimples, great pair of legs, and doesn't act like a diva and the crowd was 19+, so the atmosphere was pretty relaxed and mature. We were front row to the left and we got in line about 35 minutes before doors opened and there was plenty of room around us. It wasn't a big rockin' party, and there weren't crazy, uber-fans going mental, and we didn't have to stand through an opening act. But no h'orderves, wine or comfy seats like the Adele gig.:naughty:

Hi Suzy! Doing well thanks! The Youtube video is interesting mostly because of how he handles his situation. Apparently he had about a month or two to live at the time, and you would never know it... his attitude is just amazing.

Sounds like Duffy was a perfect concert in terms of the crowd & venue. Too bad about the lack of wine and snackies... I think that Adele concert spoiled us all for good :naughty:... it really raised the bar on concert standards!

Glad you had a good time!

I like Adele's songs better than anyone's at the moment. She really is the best singer I've ever heard live and I like the tone of her voice more than Duffy's or even Mika's. Although if Mika tended to sing in that range with a lot less falsetto I might put them more equal.

Adele really did blow me away... I'm SO happy I ended up getting a ticket that day. She is beyond talented, and she makes it look so effortless. I also loved how the stage and the set were so simple - just her and a microphone really. That's all she needs.

I don't know if it's the tone of her voice that I love, or what the right musical term would be, but it's just such a rich and robust sound. And her lyrics... haha... I think I've been pretty obvious on MFC about how much I love her lyrics. I should really get her CD -- I don't think I've heard all of her songs.

Wish I could meet up with you all...

Something tells me we will meet one day. Maybe an irresistable draw to London or Paris. :fisch:

Adele is playing here next weekend at Summer Sonic. Not that there are any one day tix left, but it is super expensive and so hot and humid I would die standing out there all day...especially going to a gig alone...

Life in Asia baby. Hot and humid. Day and night.:mf_rosetinted:

:thumbdown: Ugh that's too bad. That's why I didn't go to see Katy Perry a couple of weeks ago. She was only doing a set at some crappy festival I had no interest in. I was hoping to see her in a club like Duffy or Kate Nash.

If Adele ever does a proper show there I highly recommend it. She is really something.

I just found Adele listed for a proper gig at the same Liquid Room that Mika performed in last year. She is listed for August 7th.

And she has cancelled it!! Doctor's orders but no details...however she is appearing on Aug 9 and 10 at the two festivals, the notice says.

GYAAH! Another cancelling singer.:mf_rosetinted:

I just found Adele listed for a proper gig at the same Liquid Room that Mika performed in last year. She is listed for August 7th.

And she has cancelled it!! Doctor's orders but no details...however she is appearing on Aug 9 and 10 at the two festivals, the notice says.

GYAAH! Another cancelling singer.:mf_rosetinted:

Hmmm...looks like she's not above employing some of Mika's PR tactics, despite her protests. :naughty:

How funny that Mika followed my suggestion for his new blog.:mf_rosetinted:

I thought it was funny he was so out of date with the dietcoke and mentos thing, I posted some links to famous youtube vids to get him up to speed. so Aug 2nd at 2:06pm I wrote:

Some more VERY famous vids on youtube:

The orginal:

(you could do a where the hell is MIKA version….)

and Aug 3rd at 6.35pm he posts his

Where in the World Blog.:mf_rosetinted:

I thought it was funny he was so out of date with the dietcoke and mentos thing, I posted some links to famous youtube vids to get him up to speed. so Aug 2nd at 2:06pm I wrote:

The orginal:

Well done Iona - like "Where's Wally?" but with Mika instead!! :naughty:

The orginal:

You've inspired him. You ought to at least get one of his travelling momentos.

:bleh: