The Oldlings Part17!!!!!!!!!

Wendi

An arthroscopy eh Patti, I daren't ask what that entails.... I just hope you are on the mend and feeling better.

Hello Laurel, hope you are keeping well?

Just had a bad indigestion attack... thank god for Gaviscon :roftl:

:shocked: So do not like that :shocked:

I feel better already now though :thumb_yello:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Miek, your avi makes me smile....in a nice way I mean. You look so cheery and happy.

I'm fine but it's one of those days where "I can't be arsed with much". How is it in Holland today?

Hi shari, I can relate to the "I can't be arsed with much"day. Have that almost every friday, I'm voting for the weekend to start on friday officially :thumb_yello:

I tried Gaviscon once Laurel. Someone gave me one at work when I was feeling a bit iffy. I felt twice as sick after taking it. I'll stick with my Rennie!

Horrid feeling though isn't it, indigestion?

She is a friend now!! It was to help out after her hubby had a stroke -

thats when I started going down - I had known her hubby for ages. Then

he had a leg amputated - so had lots of trips to hospital, then he died

when I was in Glasgow waiting to see Mika!! :(

Hiya Miek :wub2: How are you, and how is Micha doing?

Hi Wendi, how are you? I'm ok. Went to the doctor today with Micha, it turns out that besides the concussion, he has a torn eardrum in his right ear. That gave me a shock. He must have fallen really hard. It ahs to heal on its self. Have to come back to check in a month. It explains why he's hard to reach, he just can't hear on his right ear!

Isn't it strange Wendi, when things like this happen? Opposite ends of the spectrum. Sadness/happiness, birth/death. Yin and yang....makes you wonder if it's fate or something more doesn't it?

Hi Wendi, how are you? I'm ok. Went to the doctor today with Micha, it turns out that besides the concussion, he has a torn eardrum in his right ear. That gave me a shock. He must have fallen really hard. It ahs to heal on its self. Have to come back to check in a month. It explains why he's hard to reach, he just can't hear on his right ear!

Awww!!!! :( Poor wee soul!!! Give him a big :huglove: from me - and

have one yourself - bet you are exhausted!!! :wub2:

Awww!!!! :( Poor wee soul!!! Give him a big :huglove: from me - and

have one yourself - bet you are exhausted!!! :wub2:

A bit yes, but the shock that he fell so hard hit me all over again. I hope that it will heal properly. Most of the time it does. Thanks for the hug :wub2:

Isn't it strange Wendi, when things like this happen? Opposite ends of the spectrum. Sadness/happiness, birth/death. Yin and yang....makes you wonder if it's fate or something more doesn't it?

Yes - its very strange!! :blink:

Remeber when I got my car broken into at the hospital - that was

another elderly gent, whose wife is a friend of mine. I went to see

my friends new grandson - and got a phone call that the elderly

gent had died!! I am obviously not good to be around!!! :shocked::naughty:

Miek, my love to your little one. Earache is haerd to bear at times, but a torn eardrum, poor thing. I hope it mends well with no last damage.

Thanks, I hope so to, we'll just have to wait and see

I tried Gaviscon once Laurel. Someone gave me one at work when I was feeling a bit iffy. I felt twice as sick after taking it. I'll stick with my Rennie!

Horrid feeling though isn't it, indigestion?

I have Peppermint ones... really nice.... have to be careful myself with some of the flavoured medicines for things like this - cos' lemon or blackcurrant can make me sick too... just don't like the taste... my mum when she has Indigestion takes a cup of hot water... but that makes me throw up too :roftl:

I have such a weird stomach... :wink2:

Yeah the pain is really unbearable.... :thumbdown:

Thank god the tablets work though :thumb_yello:

I have Peppermint ones... really nice.... have to be careful myself with some of the flavoured medicines for things like this - cos' lemon or blackcurrant can make me sick too... just don't like the taste... my mum when she has Indigestion takes a cup of hot water... but that makes me throw up too :roftl:

Hi Laurel, hope you feel better!

The tear was from his fall, creepy thought

Aw, the poor sweetie! ((Hugs)) from Auntie mamacatt. Hope he's feeling 100% soon.

When kids have ear infections, the eardrum sometimes will rupture to allow the fluids to drain (they actually feel a lot of relief with this....I know it's not the case with Micha though). And they tend to heal up well afterwards. Did the doc suggest keeping his ear out of water while the drum heals up?

Sorry Laurel that you have troubles with your stomach. Not nice at all. :thumbdown:

Yes, wished I'd seen in earlier though.

We are human - when our bairns hurt themselves we do what we think

is right!! There is no-one who always gets it right - we can only do

our best and love them!! I honestly think if my doctors had been a

bit more sympathetic over the years I would have not felt so much of

a fool on many occasions Having 5 bairns I have had my fair share of hospital/doctors visits!!! :naughty:

Aw, the poor sweetie! ((Hugs)) from Auntie mamacatt. Hope he's feeling 100% soon.

When kids have ear infections, the eardrum sometimes will rupture to allow the fluids to drain (they actually feel a lot of relief with this....I know it's not the case with Micha though). And they tend to heal up well afterwards. Did the doc suggest keeping his ear out of water while the drum heals up?

She didn't but my sister told me, so have to be carefull with water.