• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Those photos are great. OH Luke! :wub2::wub2: How I wish his arm was around me again! Thanks for posting Petra!

P.S. Text messages, eh? :das:

:das: She got Paul's autograph! And the complete band came out after the gig but they had a plane to catch and so had to hurry! But she - obviously - met Paul! :das:

:das: She got Paul's autograph! And the complete band came out after the gig but they had a plane to catch and so had to hurry! But she - obviously - met Paul! :das:

OMG! I'm shakin'. Oh Paul, how I wish your hand was in my hand again, lol. Paul is so dreamy in person. Wow thanks for the details. And an autograph too! That's fab. All we have is dreamy Luke's.:wub2: Stil can't believe we met Paul and Hugh before in a music shop. Meeting Hugh and Paul and then Luke afterwards was fabulous. They were all so SWEET!

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

It's basically just some secret gig thingy from last May which was recorded and one song was put on a CD sampler to raise (?) money for a good cause (I might have to check that though - at least the money didn't end up in7on my bank account :sneaky2:).

Oh, I guess it ended up on mine!

Seriously though, I have $2600. Where the **** did it come from? There is something really weird going on with my bank accoutn though, I took a mini statement from an ATM to try and understand the $2600 thing and it just showed a whole load of money-taking-outs from yesterday that I totally didn't do. :blink:

Fricking fricky FRICK!

I just wrote a brilliant massively detailed report and then the computer logged me off the internet and deleted my post. Tegan saw it. I'm not lying :naughty: But now I am frustrated and don't feel like doing it again :sneaky2:

If you don't type it again, you can walk here from the airport :naughty:

Hi Teegs!

:naughty:

Hmph. Here's my half-hearted attempt at recreating the genius that was my report. I know it wont be as good, it just wont have that excitatory vibe :crybaby:

Basically - why the frick did no one ever try to properly convey the totally amazing brilliance that is a live Kooks performance? It was completely ridiclously perfect. Luke is just ... perfect? I can't understand a word he says, but regardless, he is just perfect. And, you know, quite hot. The audience was completely psychotic, really. People were passing out before the support had come on, and then they were being lifted out at a rate of 20 per song. But it was also so awesome how they just all sung the lyrics, I couldn't hear Luke half the time, but I didn't care because the vibe was so awesome.

After the show we walked around the venue and found a group of people forming along a fence around the back. After about 10 minutes Paul and Pete appeared at the stage door, and were shortly after joined by Luke and Hugh. They stood there talking with some other people for a while, ft. much motioning towards the fence-group by Luke, before they walked over to us. They spread out along the fence and Paul came to about 3 people down from us and started moving in our direction (but we were in the second row from the fence) I used my freakishly long arms to present my and Tegan's booklets and Tegan's sharpie pen over the 14 year old's heads and Tegan took some photos (she got a fricking brilliant one of him signing her booklet). When he came infront of us he asked "Does someone have a pen?" and I gave him Tegan's and he said "Thanks". *swoon* Then he signed our booklets and some other people's I guess, and then gave it back, with another thanks, before moving on to a girl who asked if she could touch him, stroked his arm and screamed. And he just had his massive grin on his face the whole time *swoons* *glares at Tegan for not capturing his grin on camera* *swoons at mental photo*

Then a guy said they had to go because they had a flight to catch (and they did have to be in Brisbane this morning, so that's understandable), to much whining by fangurls. Luke, who was like 2 metres down from us, stayed a bit longer, but I don't think he got much more signing done because the fangurls were quite psychotic by then. Then they drove away in a van, chased by a group of screaming 13 year olds.

Edited by Oakie Doke
I have not had enough sleep. My brain is broked.

Hmph. Here's my half-hearted attempt at recreating the genius that was my report. I know it wont be as good, it just wont have that excitatory vibe :crybaby:

Basically - why the frick did no one ever try to properly convey the totally amazing brilliance that is a live Kooks performance? It was completely ridiclously perfect. Luke is just ... perfect? I can't understand a word he says, but regardless, he is just perfect. And, you know, quite hot. The audience was completely psychotic, really. People were passing out before the support had come on, and then they were being lifted out at a rate of 20 per song. But it was also so awesome how they just all sung the lyrics, I couldn't hear Luke half the time, but I didn't care because the vibe was so awesome.

After the show we walked around the venue and found a group of people forming along a fence around the back. After about 10 minutes Paul and Pete appeared at the stage door, and were shortly after joined by Luke and Hugh. The stood there talking with some other people for a while, ft. much motioning towards the fence-group by Luke, before they walked over to us. They spread out along the fence and Paul came to about 3 people down from us and started moving in our direction (but we were in the second row from the fence) I used my freakishly long arms to present my and Tegan's booklets and Tegan's sharpie pen over the 14 year old's heads and Tegan took some photos (she got a fricking brilliant one of him signing her booklet). We he came infront of us he asked "Does someone have a pen?" and I gave him Tegan's and he said "Thanks". *swoon* Then he signed our booklets and some other people's I guess, and then gave it back, with another thanks, before moving on to a girl who asked if she could touch him, stroked his arm and screamed. And he just had his massive grin on his face the whole time *swoons* *glares at Tegan for not capturing his grin on camera* *swoons at mental photo*

Then a guy said they had to go because they had a flight to catch (and they did have to be in Brisbane this morning, so that's understandable), to much whining by fangurls. Luke, who was like 2 metres down form us, stayed a bit longer, but I don't think he got much more signing done because the fangurls were quite psychotic then. Then they drove away in a van, chased by a group of screaming 13 year olds.

Bugger, I guess I'll have to pick you up now :naughty:

*faints....recovers....faints again*

Sounds like you had a great time....and don't worry there will be plenty of screaming girls chasing the van down the street in Melbourne too....they'll just be older because it's 18+ :lmfao:

WELCOME BACK! :huglove: Now get your butt off MFC and go explore Sydney while you can :wink2: You can even have a full day on my computer if you like but don't miss out on seeing Sydney!

Bugger, I guess I'll have to pick you up now :naughty:

*faints....recovers....faints again*

Sounds like you had a great time....and don't worry there will be plenty of screaming girls chasing the van down the street in Melbourne too....they'll just be older because it's 18+ :lmfao:

WELCOME BACK! :huglove: Now get your butt off MFC and go explore Sydney while you can :wink2: You can even have a full day on my computer if you like but don't miss out on seeing Sydney!

Nooooo. I can't be bothered. I am super tired. I want to nap, but your so not supposed to nap because of the jetlag thingy so I will just stay sitting here on the internet until a reasonable sleeping our. (reasonable for a normal person I mean, not for me)

That's what I was thinking too, 18+ will be sooo much better, underage people are mental.

Nooooo. I can't be bothered. I am super tired. I want to nap, but your so not supposed to nap because of the jetlag thingy so I will just stay sitting here on the internet until a reasonable sleeping our. (reasonable for a normal person I mean, not for me)

That's what I was thinking too, 18+ will be sooo much better, underage people are mental.

Fair enough but are you sure you won't regret it?

You obviously haven't been to an 18+ gig in Melbourne before :naughty:

...and for crying out loud check your MSN....and send a nice long e-mail or something to Petra cause she's missed you so much!!!!!

Fair enough but are you sure you won't regret it?

You obviously haven't been to an 18+ gig in Melbourne before :naughty:

...and for crying out loud check your MSN....and send a nice long e-mail or something to Petra cause she's missed you so much!!!!!

No, it's too late anyway. Wait. No, when does it get dark here? Eurgh, I is confused. Well, if I were in Costa Rica right now it would be too late to go out because it would be dark soon, but if I stood up right now I might just fall asleep standing up. Or cut off my legs because they hurt from walking around too mcuh today already anyway.

Me and Tegan went to Darling Harbour and then Paddy's Market and then Chinatown today. It was fun :cheerful_h4h: And I bought Diva-sale-jewellery and a fantastic watch.

And then Tegan just had to leave, her train leaves Central station at 5.25. It was sad :sad: But then I found this internet cafe across the road from Kings Cross station with far better computers, internet, chairs and prices than the hostel and I am slightly happier. And in a mood to give more details of last night.

Wait, no, I will sign into msn first and then come back and do it. See, there wasn't even any msn on the hostel computers, and they costed twice as much. Stupid fricking hostel computers. :sneaky2:

OKD!! *huggles*

Silver! *huggles back*

I have been desperately trying to get to checking the Aussie thread, and any other thread than this one, all day but poeple keep distracting me *glares at msn*

And now I am a bit scared and think I should leave because I just saw someone having a big fight with the asian man who runs this place and he was all like "well if you're going to lie and cheat your customers like that I'm not coming back here again" and I am scared because I have been here 5 hours and I have no idea how much it is going to cost :naughty:

And I hear somethign about being appointed in charge of some kind of finance? Are you aware that this morning when Tegan went into a pharmacy to get aftersun I opened my wallet to inspect the remnants of Kooks tickets and I accidentally threw all my coins in the air, and all I found back of them was one 20 cent peice?

:wub2::punk: did they throw balloons and confetti and everything?!

pics pics!!

I wouldn't say over 18's are better...they're as annoying and crazy as 14 year olds, be prepared! haha

do you have bruises? :naughty:

After the show we walked around the venue and found a group of people forming along a fence around the back. After about 10 minutes Paul and Pete appeared at the stage door, and were shortly after joined by Luke and Hugh. They stood there talking with some other people for a while, ft. much motioning towards the fence-group by Luke, before they walked over to us. They spread out along the fence and Paul came to about 3 people down from us and started moving in our direction (but we were in the second row from the fence) I used my freakishly long arms to present my and Tegan's booklets and Tegan's sharpie pen over the 14 year old's heads and Tegan took some photos (she got a fricking brilliant one of him signing her booklet). When he came infront of us he asked "Does someone have a pen?" and I gave him Tegan's and he said "Thanks". *swoon* Then he signed our booklets and some other people's I guess, and then gave it back, with another thanks, before moving on to a girl who asked if she could touch him, stroked his arm and screamed. And he just had his massive grin on his face the whole time *swoons* *glares at Tegan for not capturing his grin on camera* *swoons at mental photo*

Then a guy said they had to go because they had a flight to catch (and they did have to be in Brisbane this morning, so that's understandable), to much whining by fangurls. Luke, who was like 2 metres down from us, stayed a bit longer, but I don't think he got much more signing done because the fangurls were quite psychotic by then. Then they drove away in a van, chased by a group of screaming 13 year olds.

Great story! Paul.....:wub2: We laughed at that girl who has screamed because she touched his arm, lol. At least we got to shake his beauty of a hand. OMG 13 year olds actually chased the van? That is wow! The gig we went to in St. Louis was all ages we think but there was a charge for minors, plus since it was in the middle of a school week, not much younglings were there. More details!!! Pics!!!!......please

Last edited by Oakie Doke; Today at 07:09 AM. Reason: I have not had enough sleep. My brain is broked.

:blink:

Oh, I guess it ended up on mine!

Seriously though, I have $2600. Where the **** did it come from? There is something really weird going on with my bank accoutn though, I took a mini statement from an ATM to try and understand the $2600 thing and it just showed a whole load of money-taking-outs from yesterday that I totally didn't do. :blink:

Huh? Check that asap – you never know (yes, I know you are aware of that but I´m saying it anyway *pbs*)

Oh wait, what's that? You want to hear something about the show? Oh hmm. Should I give details? *goes to think about it*

No. No interest.

:sneaky2:

*gigglesnort*

*looks over at Bianca*

That's classic!

:bye: TEGAN!!! Photos!

Fricking fricky FRICK!

I just wrote a brilliant massively detailed report and then the computer logged me off the internet and deleted my post. Tegan saw it. I'm not lying. But now I am frustrated and don't feel like doing it again :sneaky2:

Aha :sneaky2:. :crybaby:

"Today, 01:48 PM"

:mad3: :mad3: See how long it took me to write?

*fumes about the internet and vows to never use it again*

What was your phone number again?

Your reports are always ****ing fantastic!

Basically - why the frick did no one ever try to properly convey the totally amazing brilliance that is a live Kooks performance?

Yes, really – nobody ever bothered reviewing anything. I´m going to log in into your account now to delete the bunch of review-PMs I sent you. :crybaby: We should send JK Rowling to a gig, maybe she could help us out with colourful reviews!

It was completely ridiclously perfect.

Yes.

Luke is just ... perfect?

Yes.

I can't understand a word he says,

Welcome to the club :lmfao:

but regardless, he is just perfect.

Indeed he is :cheerful_h4h:

And, you know, quite hot.

This might have been mentioned here before :naughty:.

The audience was completely psychotic, really. People were passing out before the support had come on, and then they were being lifted out at a rate of 20 per song.

Yes, so true! People can be ****ing scary! But we didn’t have these out-passers (?) in London. We had a few girls that were dragged out simply because they were squashed (that’s the reason why we lost our god spots in Brighton) but nobody fainted I guess.

But it was also so awesome how they just all sung the lyrics, I couldn't hear Luke half the time, but I didn't care because the vibe was so awesome.

Exactly! At some points it was ****ing awesome! I mean – those squashy girls behind us that screamed the lyrics into our ears bothered me like ****ing hell but at the first Roundhouse gig we were (at a time) standing in between a bunch of 20+yo guys that were shouting the lyrics! I especially remember Shine On – guys shouting the chorus :shocked:. I was in ****ing awe. People here make fun of you because you like the Kooks and then you end up in this group and you see that there are these guys that LOVE the band. GUYS! Fantastic!

Then he signed our booklets and some other people's I guess, and then gave it back, with another thanks, before moving on to a girl who asked if she could touch him, stroked his arm and screamed.

That´s mental. Sorry.

And he just had his massive grin on his face the whole time

Paul is fantastic. I can´t understand how he can always be in such a fantastic mood. :blink: *makes plan to instruct anyone on MFC to make a Paul-smiley to convey utter cheerful- & happiness*

Luke, who was like 2 metres down from us, stayed a bit longer, but I don't think he got much more signing done because the fangurls were quite psychotic by then.

Reminds me of a certain person´s gigs in London. It´s pitiful :boxed: - I mean, I know that people are ****ing excited but anyway – they are still human and… God, I just want to grab and shake these fangirls (although this would, by far, not have worked at Mika´s London-gigs). People can be ****ing insane.

Then they drove away in a van, chased by a group of screaming 13 year olds.

Please do tell me that this is not true.

This will probably be girls that think they can get backstage to sha.. ehm, meet the band privately. :lmfao:

Oh, Ana gave me a fantastic book for Christmas *goes to quote*

“When trying to court a female trying to get backstage, offer her a ”Tulsa” pass. Tell her that these passes were left over from the Tulsa show but will still work to get her backstage at the show. Please note what “Tulsa” spells backwards.”

On another page it says:

”If you are offered a backstage pass left over from the “Tulsa” show, be aware that if you take it, you´ll be in a sexually humiliating scenario by the end of the night.”

True, true. 18+ might be more brutal though but less annoying.

:cheerful_h4h:

This might have been mentioned here before

Yes, so true! People can be ****ing scary! But we didn’t have these out-passers (?) in London. We had a few girls that were dragged out simply because they were squashed (that’s the reason why we lost our god spots in Brighton) but nobody fainted I guess.

Exactly! At some points it was ****ing awesome! I mean – those squashy girls behind us that screamed the lyrics into our ears bothered me like ****ing hell but at the first Roundhouse gig we were (at a time) standing in between a bunch of 20+yo guys that were shouting the lyrics! I especially remember Shine On – guys shouting the chorus :shocked:. I was in ****ing awe. People here make fun of you because you like the Kooks and then you end up in this group and you see that there are these guys that LOVE the band. GUYS! Fantastic!

That´s mental. Sorry.

Paul is fantastic. I can´t understand how he can always be in such a fantastic mood. :blink: *makes plan to instruct anyone on MFC to make a Paul-smiley to convey utter cheerful- & happiness*

Reminds me of a certain person´s gigs in London. It´s pitiful :boxed: - I mean, I know that people are ****ing excited but anyway – they are still human and… God, I just want to grab and shake these fangirls (although this would, by far, not have worked at Mika´s London-gigs). People can be ****ing insane.

Please do tell me that this is not true.

With ya on that one!:wub2::wub2: He always has such a sweet smile on his face.....especially in person.:wub2: