• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos!

On Tuesday night we were at our Grandma's house and a commercial for beer came on and the song they used was "Shine On". It was really loud on the commercial and SOOOO Luke's dreamy voice. We got excited. Hardly ever hear The Kooks on commercials or even the radio here in the states.

Great photos!

On Tuesday night we were at our Grandma's house and a commercial for beer came on and the song they used was "Shine On". It was really loud on the commercial and SOOOO Luke's dreamy voice. We got excited. Hardly ever hear The Kooks on commercials or even the radio here in the states.

ooh really? thats so cool:teehee:

I also heard them on a commercial ...I think it was for scrubs or some other tv show, and they used "always where I need to be" :wub2:

ooh really? thats so cool:teehee:

I also heard them on a commercial ...I think it was for scrubs or some other tv show, and they used "always where I need to be" :wub2:

Oh awesome!!!! We heard 'always where I need to be' a few months ago in a clothing store. And one time on the tv show 'chuck' but now I forgot what song it was!:blink: And then that beer commercial.

Oh awesome!!!! We heard 'always where I need to be' a few months ago in a clothing store. And one time on the tv show 'chuck' but now I forgot what song it was!:blink: And then that beer commercial.

haha cool! :teehee:

its so exciting to hear music you like in places beside your iPod or Youtube :naughty:

The Kooks are never ever on TV here. They have such a grat fanbase and are still not present anywhere :tears:.

Btw, news from the front: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=67383640&blogId=489043029

Thursday, May 14, 2009

live with friends

I have been in the studio for the last few months recording 2 EPs I hope Im gonna to release some time later this year, However until then.... I thought I might as well make some of the old stuff available. None of the songs on this page - bar one or two - will feature on future releases. They were recorded with different friends, musicians in differant places over the last couple of years. They are available for one month only on rawrip and then gone forever ! The tracks - Sea Shanty, Everyone Loves B, While the Record Spins, She Gives me a feeling, Stars Lost and Lonely and Maybe Baby, - Were all recorded in the space of a week in our friends little basement in west London - They feature - Natalia Tena on vocals, acordian and piano. Sam Molotov on violin Rob Mavers on bass Henry Danowski on drums The tracks - Lost and Lonely and Maybe Baby Were recorded late one night very drunkenly in the Strong Room studios. They feature - Luke Pritchard on vocals and piano. Max Rafferty on lead guitar and vocals and Massimo 747 on drums. The tracks - Mind Elsewhere and The Devils on my side - Were recorded at Ben Lovett's studio in the course of one sunny afternoon last summer. They feature - Ben Lovett on Piano, Organ, Vocals and Drums. I had a hell of a lot of fun playing with all these fine people. I feel very grateful for all the times.. You can watch my myspace page for newer releases. These tracks will be up for one month only. More to come. I hope you enjoy them. All the best dear friends. Nat x

p.s Look out for ' Train tracks' - a set of songs I will posting soon - they are songs me and Luke wrote and recorded together on trains across the country.

x

Edit: downloading now!

Edited by Petra

Holy ****ing ****. ****ing ****ing ****ING ****.

They really played if only. Noooooooo!!!! It's THE song I want to see live. :crybaby: OMG, how are the chances that they are playing a new set at Pinkpop or in Bielefeld? :crybaby: Oh pleeeeeassssssseeeeeee!!!!!!! :crybaby:

hughalienbig.jpg

:smth: :wu b2:

:wub2:

Holy ****ing ****. ****ing ****ing ****ING ****.

They really played if only. Noooooooo!!!! It's THE song I want to see live. :cry baby: OMG, how are the chances that they are playing a new set at Pinkpop or in Bielefeld? :cryb aby: Oh pleeeeeassssssseeeeeee!!!!!!! :c ybaby:

ohhh :thumbdown:

well...at least the youtube vid is good....are you seeing them live again? :biggrin2:

I want to see them again........:wub2:

well...at least the youtube vid is good....are you seeing them live again? :big grin2:

:woot_jump: In two weeks at Pinkpop! Stupidly enough, this day is also my mother's birthday and I'm not sure yet if I'll get the car. And my father doesn't know yet that I'm planning to go. But I have a ticket, my camera is ready and I bought new memory cards :cheerful_h4h:. And if they don't play If Only, I'll butcher my way backstage and demand a private acoustic If Only-session :fangurl:.

I want to see them again........:wu b2:

Awww, a gig for all of us together :cheerful_h4h:

TheKooksPA_468x359.jpg

I love this one :wub2:

SNF12BIZKO-280_468335a.jpg

Oi! That's the biggest version of it I've seen so far!

:woo t_ jump: In two weeks at Pinkpop! Stupidly enough, this day is also my mother's birthday and I'm not sure yet if I'll get the car. And my father doesn't know yet that I'm planning to go. But I have a ticket, my camera is ready and I bought new memory cards :che erful_h4h:. And if they don't play If Only, I'll butcher my way backstage and demand a private acoustic If Only-session :fangu rl:.

Awww, a gig for all of us together :che e rful _h4h:

I love this one :wu b2:

Oi! That's the biggest version of it I've seen so far!

Awesome!:cheerful_h4h: thats so exciting:wub2:

yessss....I need a Kooks gig so badly ..:cheerful_h4h:

Why isn't Paul plastered? : bl ink:

Oi, btw, guess whose MM is 98% finished :chee rful_h4h:. It just needs to be weighed (sp?) and I need to glue some speech bubbles on it :fis ch:.

hmm I have no idea :lmfao:

cool :biggrin2: and your mika mail is like 98.5% finnished:naughty: I just need a bunch of stickers to decorate :cheerful_h4h:

Us too! They need to get to the U.S. pronto!:rof tl::rof tl:

"do us" or "do the US"? :das:

*agrees* I love it when they are touring the US because then I'm NOT kicking my arse because I'm not in London anymore :crybaby:. And the US is a ****ing HUGE country :shocked:. There are soooo many places that are still un-gigged :blink:. And then there are those cities where the gigs where cancelled due to Luke's illness last year :blink:. Ieck, and now I feel bad because I've seen them so often :crybaby:. I want them to tour again! I want gigs! I want the Kooks! I want the Kaiser Chiefs! I want freaking fantastic British live acts! :crybaby:

"do us" or "do the US"? :D as:

*agrees* I love it when they are touring the US because then I'm NOT kicking my arse because I'm not in London anymore :cry baby:. And the US is a ****ing HUGE country :sh ocked:. There are soooo many places that are still un-gigged : link:. And then there are those cities where the gigs where cancelled due to Luke's illness last year : bli k:. Ieck, and now I feel bad because I've seen them so often :cry baby:.

I want them to tour again! I want gigs! I want the Kooks! I want the Kaiser Chiefs! I want freaking fantastic British live acts! :crybaby:

don't feel bad! I'm happy you got to see them so many times, must be awesome :biggrin2:

I agree! I need to go to some concerts! Especially the kooks :das:

ahhhhhh I hope they come soon :teehee::wub2:

don't feel bad! I'm happy you got to see them so many times, must be awesome :big grin2:

I agree! I need to go to some concerts! Especially the kooks :das:

ahhhhhh I hope they come soon :tee hee::wub2:

:cheerful_h4h: I'm sending you bunches of videos btw :cheerful_h4h:

Do you like the Kaiser Chiefs? Shall I burn their videos, too? :wub2: They are freaking fantastic :stretcher: and an absolutely awesome live band. And I just read that they are "taking a break" now :crybaby:.

:cheerful_h4h: I'm sending you bunches of videos btw :cheerf ul_h4h:

Do you like the Kaiser Chiefs? Shall I burn their videos, too? :wub2: They are freaking fantastic :st retcher: and an absolutely awesome live band. And I just read that they are "taking a break" now :cryba by:.

:cheerful_h4h:Thank you so much!! :huglove:

I know I've heard some of their songs before...But I haven't heard them alot...do they sound like the kooks? :teehee:

well...I have to go for dinner...speak to you guys soon! :bye:

:cheer ful_h4h:Thank you so much!! :huglove:

I know I've heard some of their songs before...But I haven't heard them alot...do they sound like the kooks? :tee hee:

well...I have to go for dinner...speak to you guys soon! :bye:

Uhm... they are a bit different. They have a keyboard player and a tambourine. And they are five guys from Leeds. And sometimes their lead singer wears the tambourine on his head. God, I suck at describing music. :lmfao: They are awesome but more indie than the Kooks. Their tunes are brilliant. Ana & I went to see them in London last year (more coincidentally because I had helped with the contract for the guy that was supporting them) and, apart from being TOTALLY squashed, I fell in love with them. They are fantastic. And I touched the lead singer's left leg when they played in Cologne in January :das:. Basically that's it. And right now I'm burning the videos from you (you don't HAVE to watch them :naughty:).

I guess I'l go and watch parts of Twilight now and then go to bed. :bye::wub2:

Edited by Petra

Uhm... they are a bit different. They have a keyboard player and a tambourine. And they are five guys from Leeds. And sometimes their lead singer wears the tambourine on his head. God, I suck at describing music. :lmf ao: They are awesome but more indie than the Kooks. Their tunes are brilliant. Ana & I went to see them in London last year (more coincidentally because I had helped with the contract for the guy that was supporting them) and, apart from being TOTALLY squashed, I fell in love with them. They are fantastic. And I touched the lead singer's left leg when they played in Cologne in January :D as:. Basically that's it. And right now I'm burning the videos from you (you don't HAVE to watch them :na ughty:).

I guess I'l go and watch parts of Twilight now and then go to bed. :bye::wub2:

haha ok...They sound pretty cool:biggrin2:

oh, thanks! I'll watch them:naughty:

yay twilight! have fun! :wub2::bye:

"do us" or "do the US"? :das:

*agrees* I love it when they are touring the US because then I'm NOT kicking my arse because I'm not in London anymore :crybaby:. And the US is a ****ing HUGE country :shocked:. There are soooo many places that are still un-gigged :blink:. And then there are those cities where the gigs where cancelled due to Luke's illness last year . Ieck, and now I feel bad because I've seen them so often . I want them to tour again! I want gigs! I want the Kooks! I want the Kaiser Chiefs! I want freaking fantastic British live acts! :crybaby:

:das: :das: Who knows

just heard their cover of "Kids" by MGMT, i thought i was quite good :thumb_yello:

yeah, I liked that cover too ... have you heard other Kooks songs? :biggrin2:

:wub2: Say, wasn't their cover of 'Crazy' the song that made them EXTREMELY popular in the US? Their covers are fantastic (IMO) :stretcher:

*instructs John Alan to go and listen to their albums* :wub2: